Explore, connect, thrive in
the expat community

Expat Life: Local Discoveries, Global Connections

Argentina Rentista Visa for 2024? What is the minimum income now for retirement visa for Argentina?

angry and aggressive?
only you could read so many thoughts and distill them down to "he is mad" - which makes perfect sense why you are a tribal zealot peronista who can only see things in false dichotomies, like life is some sort of a Disney movie where 'other guy evil; my people are on the Side of the Angels'

Avocado, if you can make it through this 17-minute video, you might learn something valuable

@Sunny i was just expressing ideas about how Politics don't always have to be a negative thing; the Local versus National comment was for IrishLad who almost always posts his dumb opinions and bosses people around, then gets all offended when anyone tells him he's an idiot, and to mind his own business. i won't comment also to your other tag of me about "vitriol and name-calling" because i already am posting here, but to answer you: no. someone needs to stand-up to liars and zealots, and there are really only about 4 people on this forum that i have conflict with. they all share the same theme, if you look at their myriad posts: they criticize something, swoop-in and cast judgements, make claims about reality, then act shocked when they are rejected. i'll continue to name-call when those few people are criticizing others, like how IrishLad has attacked "Americans" as obsessed with politics, for instance.

you said you're tired of discussing politics. i argued for why politics are central to human civilization. if you meant specifically you're tired of the Biden-Trump debate, i wouldn't have written all of that, since i totally agree; IrishLad is making a claim that THIS YEAR is somehow different than other election years; i think that's incorrect, and argued against it. my writing may not have been clear about the Local/National thing, but you get my point that humans ought to be interested in their government's actions, right? i was more explaining my mindset and these ideas, than saying you weren't involved in the Local level; i would make no such claim, since i don't know you and you could be a town mayor or something. you can call these discussions a waste of time, but i have been exposed to new ideas on Reddit, etc. over the years that have greatly benefitted my life; perhaps other people will also benefit from seeing new perspectives.

People can be involved without arguing on a message board or every coffee chat about it.
Larry argues that discussing things on a message board means it's an "argument" with negative connotations. he also makes a claim that people who write about politics are constantly obsessed with political discussions, even going as far as arguing at "every coffee chat."

these are claims made, implying various things. they're his viewpoints, and now that he's put these ideas out there, other people might come along and criticize, agree with, etc. what he has put into the public space. and thus,

Larry, you seem to think Conflict is bad. ever heard of Positive Conflict? https://www.exudeinc.com/blog/positive-conflict-in-the-workplace/

i don't argue about politics at every coffee chat. in fact, i usually only get political when other people are in an Echo-Chamber and make a claim, assuming i'm part of their tribe. this is another stupid claim you make. will you retract your claim that milk has gone exponentially up in relative price, before we start this next topic? you've been debunked as a liar on numerous other topics, yet you never apologize, correct your mistakes, and then you start new arguments and play the victim all over again. but, Communists like you :p always have to lie:

maybe later we can go through a list of your lies from the past 6 months, and see which ones you still assert? here's a good starting point if you want to create a new thread called "Larry's Lies" - https://www.cordiez.com.ar/leche-entera-sachet-manfrey-1-lt/p

milk for 745 Pesos a liter, or just under 80 cents USD, so just under $3 USD per gallon equivalent (cheaper than where i'm at in the Midwest, where i was in Florida, etc.)

now, Larry, i'll challenge you the same as i did with IrishLad: what do you offer on this forum, other than little snippets of stupidity, and criticisms of people/things with no actionable solutions or nuance? have you ever thought that maybe this forum would be better off if Larry posted less like negative-Larry, and more like BetsyRoss and others, who offer useful information and nuanced perspectives? communists tend to avoid self-reflection, so i was just wondering if that aspect fit your personality, as well ;)

Last edited:
no. someone needs to stand-up to liars and zealots, and there are really only about 4 people on this forum that i have conflict with.

The truth of the matter is that nobody really needs to discuss local politics to that level in an expat forum. They troll, you bite, they continue trolling. And in the process, what today is still a very nice forum, gets ruined. A perfect example is the Buenos Aires forum on Reddit created years ago by an expat, which has gone to complete crap.

i'll continue to name-call when those few people are criticizing others

Resorting to name-calling to make a point makes you look bad, how can you not realize that?

but you get my point that humans ought to be interested in their government's actions, right?

Absolutely. But what you are doing here, and the way you do it, goes well beyond that.

you can call these discussions a waste of time, but i have been exposed to new ideas on Reddit, etc. over the years that have greatly benefitted my life; perhaps other people will also benefit from seeing new perspectives.

They are a waste of your time because the people you are engaging with are not here to learn and benefit from new perspectives from a guy in your position. A local person who goes to an expat group to repeat day after day the same nonsense about the new government simply likes to provoke and you bite every single time.

The truth of the matter is that nobody really needs to discuss local politics to that level in an expat forum. They troll, you bite, they continue trolling. And in the process, what today is still a very nice forum, gets ruined. A perfect example is the Buenos Aires forum on Reddit created years ago by an expat, which has gone to complete crap.

Resorting to name-calling to make a point makes you look bad, how can you not realize that?

Absolutely. But what you are doing here, and the way you do it, goes well beyond that.

They are a waste of your time because the people you are engaging with are not here to learn and benefit from new perspectives from a guy in your position. A local person who goes to an expat group to repeat day after day the same nonsense about the new government simply likes to provoke and you bite every single time.
I agree that @StatusNomadicus never learn he lesson. Always does the same thing. No one want to listen.

eh, you deal with commies in your way, @Sunny, and i'll do my thing.

continuing on with an update for this thread @Canada Goose i have some good notes from my Precaria application, and i'm currently walking my novia through it right now. for the Rentista situation, @Canada Goose do you think you'll be doing a Pensionista or Rentista with a trust fund? because i was reading some older forums and there seems to be some unknowns about the taxable nature of "passive income" regarding these types of 'incomes' in Argentina under these Residencia Temporaria categories. i'm trying to figure-out if i need to go to AFIP and do some sort of CUIT/CUIL process that the Banco Nacion Argentina (BNA) employee was trying to explain to me. here's what i found, opinion-wise:

1. "the benefit of not having their passive earnings taxed by the Argentine government" https://goldenharbors.com/articles/argentina-rentista-visa

2. ownership of foreign assets is taxable as Bienes Personales? https://www.afip.gob.ar/gananciasYBienes/bienes-personales/conceptos-basicos/que-es.asp

3. but the government AFIP website doesn't show a double-tax-prevention agreement with USA, whereas Canada does have a "CDI" listed: https://www.afip.gob.ar/convenios-internacionales/paises/ (so does this mean a USA passive income for Rentista would be double-taxed in both USA and Argentina, whereas a Canadian would not pay double taxes on Trust Fund, etc.?)

4. @Quilombo on the old forum says technically we would be needing to declare taxes, but most Argentines wouldn't worry about it (but would you? i always worry about being illegal, regardless of what people assure me) - https://baexpats.org/threads/do-i-need-to-pay-taxes-with-a-rentista-visa.45091/post-424053

5. @Lienohi on the old forum was trying to set-up a Trust, rental income, etc. to make sure their Rentista application would be approved for-sure, but i never saw any follow-up about how it went (they were planning to pay a lawyer, which i did not do) https://baexpats.org/threads/rentista-passive-income-through-irrevocable-trust.46341/page-3

6. old forum folks seem to say that Argentines and Expats both don't pay taxes on foreign income/assets, although the law might say you need to. always a personal risk? https://baexpats.org/threads/rentista-visa-and-income-taxes.33693/

7. Residencies.io outdated info argues that foreign-earned income will be taxed in Argentina once you're a tax resident: https://residencies.io/residency/argentina/temporary-residency/ar1

8. more outdated info from IMI Daily doesn't even mention the word "tax" https://www.imidaily.com/argentina-rentista-and-pensionado-residency/

9. IMMI says you will deposit the required amount of income (based on the official rate) and pay 35% taxes on it, regardless if you've already paid taxes in your home country. no mention of CUIT/CUIL numbers/accounts. https://immi.legal/rentista-visa/

10. PWC says income will be taxed, no matter what. i'm not sure if any of this will change under Milei's cabinet. https://taxsummaries.pwc.com/argentina/individual/taxes-on-personal-income

11. as mentioned elsewhere on the internet, it seems declaring to AFIP that you only intend to live for a short time (less than 5 years? 3 years), then your foreign/worldwide income will not be taxed by Argentina: "new residents can take advantage of a tax law provision that lets you avoid paying taxes on your worldwide income for up to five years – but only whilst you’re a temporary resident…" - but the question is, if you convert temporary residency to permanent or citizenship, is the Argentine IRS/AFIP going to send you a bill for X number of years of 35% income at that point? https://www.schiffsovereign.com/sec...ook-at-this-updated-residency-program-148027/

the good news is, i have some great info on Cordoba's Migraciones process, and i'll post about it here once i get my DNI number and all that (i have a 90-day Precaria right now, which is a good thing since my tourist visa is expiring). i have a great translator, accountant (for income verifications "CPA Letter" needs), BNA bank employee, and overall it's been pretty easy. none of this will apply to CABA/Buenos Aires, but Cordoba is the 2nd-biggest city, so hopefully i can help some people out in the next few years.

eh, you deal with commies in your way, @Sunny, and i'll do my thing.

Fair enough. You express yourself very well without the name-calling so, please, refrain from it. Thanks.

. Residencies.io outdated info argues that foreign-earned income will be taxed in Argentina once you're a tax resident: https://residencies.io/residency/argentina/temporary-residency/ar1

I will check that link later, don't have the time now. But, if I recall correctly, you start being taxed after the first year of becoming a resident. I'll get back to you on this.

Fair enough. You express yourself very well without the name-calling so, please, refrain from it. Thanks.

I will check that link later, don't have the time now. But, if I recall correctly, you start being taxed after the first year of becoming a resident. I'll get back to you on this.
I agree with Sunny. Many of your posts come across as intelligent but then when I read some of your other posts it is a huge turn off and makes me wonder if your posts I thought were intelligent are accurate. Just skip the foul talk.

Also agree. No forum needs cursing. It adds zero value at all to the discussion.

Argentina's AFIP and USA's IRS will begin to share information with one another starting in 2025
part of that new-world-order stuff, eh? that would be a shame, but it's always smartest to hedge against those things ... 'plan for the worst while hoping for the best'

of note for the handful of people who think cursing is never appropriate - feel free to mute me. i've already muted the usual suspects like Avocado, Flamingo, Larry...the ones who offer nothing of value, yet post constantly on an Expat forum. i don't really care if you think cursing is "bad" and i've already presented an argument for why it's fine to swear at times. i have no issues with 95% of the people here, and don't swear in most of my posts, but every now and then when Avocado et al. are polluting the forum with peronist propaganda, it's alright to use some profanity. especially when they are confirmed liars and political zealots, brigading an Expat forum (again: why are Peronist Argentines on an Expat forum? that's weird).

you start being taxed after the first year of becoming a resident.
1. a tax resident is "a foreigner who has obtained its permanent residence status in Argentina or has legally been living in the country for twelve or more (Income Tax Law, section 119)" according to https://www.oecd.org/tax/automatic-...nce/tax-residency/Argentina_Tax_Residency.pdf

2. "You become a tax resident in Argentine if you fall under one of the following categories: Native and naturalized Argentine citizens. Foreign individuals who are granted permanent residence in Argentina. Foreign individuals who remain in the country under temporary authorisation for a period of 12 months or more" https://contractortaxation.com/argentina/tax-in-argentina/

...so i think you're right, if you mean that Permanent Residency or Expats/etc. who are in Argentina for a year. i'll be asking my accountant in Cordoba about this, and if anyone needs a good Public Accountant, i can for sure recommend Mercedes "Mecha" Jalil (but she is from the college in Cordoba Province, so if you're in CABA/BsAs you probably need an accountant from that province)

part of that new-world-order stuff, eh? that would be a shame, but it's always smartest to hedge against those things ... 'plan for the worst while hoping for the best'

of note for the handful of people who think cursing is never appropriate - feel free to mute me. i've already muted the usual suspects like Avocado, Flamingo, Larry...the ones who offer nothing of value, yet post constantly on an Expat forum. i don't really care if you think cursing is "bad" and i've already presented an argument for why it's fine to swear at times. i have no issues with 95% of the people here, and don't swear in most of my posts, but every now and then when Avocado et al. are polluting the forum with peronist propaganda, it's alright to use some profanity. especially when they are confirmed liars and political zealots, brigading an Expat forum (again: why are Peronist Argentines on an Expat forum? that's weird).

1. a tax resident is "a foreigner who has obtained its permanent residence status in Argentina or has legally been living in the country for twelve or more (Income Tax Law, section 119)" according to https://www.oecd.org/tax/automatic-...nce/tax-residency/Argentina_Tax_Residency.pdf

2. "You become a tax resident in Argentine if you fall under one of the following categories: Native and naturalized Argentine citizens. Foreign individuals who are granted permanent residence in Argentina. Foreign individuals who remain in the country under temporary authorisation for a period of 12 months or more" https://contractortaxation.com/argentina/tax-in-argentina/

...so i think you're right, if you mean that Permanent Residency or Expats/etc. who are in Argentina for a year. i'll be asking my accountant in Cordoba about this, and if anyone needs a good Public Accountant, i can for sure recommend Mercedes "Mecha" Jalil (but she is from the college in Cordoba Province, so if you're in CABA/BsAs you probably need an accountant from that province)
I guess you would prefer an echo chamber where people only post if they agree with your thoughts. Cursing on forums is just strange to me.

feel free to mute me.

I don't want to mute you. I do curse too and use the F word when I lose it. The reason I have asked you to avoid name-calling is because this forum is the nicest forum out there and I would hate to see it get to the level of the Argentine subs on Reddit where the trolling, name-calling, and the worst and most disgusting cursing/slang are used.

I've muted two people here because of the trolling they do most days. Engaging with that kind of people is a complete waste of time, they are not here to learn from us, as they claim, they are here to stir the pot so I don't give them the satisfaction.

so i think you're right, if you mean that Permanent Residency or Expats/etc. who are in Argentina for a year.

Yeah, I thought so.

I don't want to mute you. I do curse too and use the F word when I lose it. The reason I have asked you to avoid name-calling is because this forum is the nicest forum out there and I would hate to see it get to the level of the Argentine subs on Reddit where the trolling, name-calling, and the worst and most disgusting cursing/slang are used.

I've muted two people here because of the trolling they do most days. Engaging with that kind of people is a complete waste of time, they are not here to learn from us, as they claim, they are here to stir the pot so I don't give them the satisfaction.

Yeah, I thought so.
Agree about Reddit. Not just on the BA Forum but most turn into a cesspool which renders going to them useless as you're having to scroll through endless amounts of it to find gems.

Yeah, I thought so.
I agree this is the best Buenos Aires forum available. I hope it stays that way. Everyone is mostly very nice and civil here.

continuing on with Rentista/Pensionista discussion, on the old censored forum there is chatter about a Pension-earner having to deposit 2 months worth of 5x salary, in Pesos, to get their DNI approved:

for Rentista, i did not (yet) get this requirement. i was verbally told in Cordoba Province at Migraciones (when i asked; otherwise there was no mention of the details) that i would need to deposit in Pesos the 5x monthly salary for every month i wanted Residency. calculating a possible 35% tax as well as losing the many Pesos from Blue Dollar to Official rate, this could be very expensive over 2 years, especially since i'm not making any money, but am instead using a HYSA/High-Yield Savings Account with fixed disbursements monthly to my Checking account (all in the USA, all in Dollars). if the monthly salary is 234,316 Pesos: https://www.infobae.com/economia/20...el-salario-minimo-vital-y-movil-en-mayo-2024/

...x5 would be 1,171,580 Pesos per month, at the Official Rate 905.50 Pesos/USD seems like the best-possible scenario (not sure about this) https://bluedollar.net/official-rate/

.....the requirement would be $1,294 USD per month, deposited into an Argentine account (for me, at BNA) in Pesos. if that was taxed at 35%, it would be a cost of $453 USD per month, and if you add-in the 214.5 Peso/USD difference between Blue and Official Dollar rates (1120 - 905.50), $1,294 x 214.5 Pesos = 277,563 Pesos per month lost, or $248 USD per month extra, so 24 months of 453 and 248 could potentially be $16,824 USD to get citizenship if you followed these possible requirements.

****this math is surely wrong, and i don't know which Buy/Sell (Compra/Venta) number to use for the Blue and Official Dollar rates, and i'm sure i made several mistakes, but i'm not sure anyone has ever tried to calculate the potential cost of a Pension/Rentier cost in the worst-case scenario*****

that being said, i wouldn't just go send Rubilar @Bajo_cero2 $7,000 USD and hope for the best, given his lack of actual references who have won citizenship after being illegal (insert joke about Roman slave serf laws, as needed). but it might not be a bad idea for someone who is making $5,000 USD/month in a Pension/retirement to hire a Public Accountant or some sort of financial law firm, because the few grand spent might save you any more thousands. got any clients who have any actual number about possible lost Dollar value, @earlyretirement? or have anyone you know that has done this math, @Betsy Ross or @Wally? on the old forum, @steveinbsas would have been really great at calculating this much better than my initial attempt.

BUT, for actual real-world data as of May2024, my letter or "Intimación" for Rentista (Savings) said:
"Por la presente se lo intima a Ud. dentro de los 30 días de ésta notificación a presentar ante la Delegación de esta DNM con jurisdicción sobre su domicilio, la siguiente documentación: ACREDITAR ANTE LA DIRECCIÓN NACIONAL DE MIGRACIONES EL INGRESO AL PAIS DE LOS FONDOS PERCIDIBOS, POR INTERMEDIO DE INSTITUCIONES BANCARIAS O FINANCIERAS AUTORIZADAS POR EL BANCO CENTRAL DE LA REPÚBLICA ARGENTINA. PRESENTAR CONSTANCIA DE CUENTA BANCARIA ABIERTA EN ARGENTINA. LA PRESENTE SE EFECTUA BAJO APERCIBIMIENTO DE RESOLVER CON LOS ELEMENTOS OBRANTES EN AUTOS. IMPORTANTE: La documentación solicitada deberá ser adjuntada a través de la página web: www.migraciones.gob.ar, sección de Autogestión. Deberá ingresar a "Residencias – Seguí el estado de tu trámite" y luego colocar su número de expediente y fecha de nacimiento en los campos requeridos. Desde allí podrá incorporar la documentación como archivo pdf. Quedan exceptuadas aquellas intimaciones en las cuales Ud. ha sido expresamente citado a presentarse en forma presencial."
-----------------------
"You are hereby invited within 30 days of this notification to present to Migraciones the following documentation: ACCREDITED ENTRY OF FUNDS INTO ARGENTINA, THROUGH BANKS REGULATED BY THE CENTRAL BANK. SUBMIT 'CONSTANCIA' PROOF OF OPEN BANK ACCOUNT IN ARGENTINA. THIS IS MADE UNDER THE WARNING OF RESOLVING WITH THE ELEMENTS WORKING IN CARS. IMPORTANT: The requested documentation must be attached through the website: www.migraciones.gob.ar, Self-management section. You must enter 'ResidencIes – Follow the status of your procedure' and then enter your file number and date of birth in the required fields. From there you can add the documentation as a pdf file. Exceptions are those summonses in which you have been expressly summoned to appear in person."
----------------------

(i have no idea what "apercibimiento de resolver con los elementos obrantes en autos" means, and neither does Google Translate, apparently). cars? automatically??

anyway, i was required with this "Intimación" to open a bank account (did it at Banco de la Nacion/BNA, with my Precaria), then upload a "Constancia" (opening proof/statement), then i went from "Web Pendiente" status to "Tramite en Proceso de Supervision" - which others have mentioned can take 2 months or almost a year to get a DNI. i suspect the next thing they will send is a requirement to show proof i have deposited Pesos. we shall see! i probably won't take the 'hit' on the exchange rate, and risk paying a ton of taxes to the IRS (AFIP), until i'm forced to (and when both an Accountant and Lawyer tell me there's no way around it).

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    87.8 KB · Views: 0
continuing on with Rentista/Pensionista discussion, on the old censored forum there is chatter about a Pension-earner having to deposit 2 months worth of 5x salary, in Pesos, to get their DNI approved:

for Rentista, i did not (yet) get this requirement. i was verbally told in Cordoba Province at Migraciones (when i asked; otherwise there was no mention of the details) that i would need to deposit in Pesos the 5x monthly salary for every month i wanted Residency. calculating a possible 35% tax as well as losing the many Pesos from Blue Dollar to Official rate, this could be very expensive over 2 years, especially since i'm not making any money, but am instead using a HYSA/High-Yield Savings Account with fixed disbursements monthly to my Checking account (all in the USA, all in Dollars). if the monthly salary is 234,316 Pesos: https://www.infobae.com/economia/20...el-salario-minimo-vital-y-movil-en-mayo-2024/

...x5 would be 1,171,580 Pesos per month, at the Official Rate 905.50 Pesos/USD seems like the best-possible scenario (not sure about this) https://bluedollar.net/official-rate/

.....the requirement would be $1,294 USD per month, deposited into an Argentine account (for me, at BNA) in Pesos. if that was taxed at 35%, it would be a cost of $453 USD per month, and if you add-in the 214.5 Peso/USD difference between Blue and Official Dollar rates (1120 - 905.50), $1,294 x 214.5 Pesos = 277,563 Pesos per month lost, or $248 USD per month extra, so 24 months of 453 and 248 could potentially be $16,824 USD to get citizenship if you followed these possible requirements.

****this math is surely wrong, and i don't know which Buy/Sell (Compra/Venta) number to use for the Blue and Official Dollar rates, and i'm sure i made several mistakes, but i'm not sure anyone has ever tried to calculate the potential cost of a Pension/Rentier cost in the worst-case scenario*****

that being said, i wouldn't just go send Rubilar @Bajo_cero2 $7,000 USD and hope for the best, given his lack of actual references who have won citizenship after being illegal (insert joke about Roman slave serf laws, as needed). but it might not be a bad idea for someone who is making $5,000 USD/month in a Pension/retirement to hire a Public Accountant or some sort of financial law firm, because the few grand spent might save you any more thousands. got any clients who have any actual number about possible lost Dollar value, @earlyretirement? or have anyone you know that has done this math, @Betsy Ross or @Wally? on the old forum, @steveinbsas would have been really great at calculating this much better than my initial attempt.

BUT, for actual real-world data as of May2024, my letter or "Intimación" for Rentista (Savings) said:
"Por la presente se lo intima a Ud. dentro de los 30 días de ésta notificación a presentar ante la Delegación de esta DNM con jurisdicción sobre su domicilio, la siguiente documentación: ACREDITAR ANTE LA DIRECCIÓN NACIONAL DE MIGRACIONES EL INGRESO AL PAIS DE LOS FONDOS PERCIDIBOS, POR INTERMEDIO DE INSTITUCIONES BANCARIAS O FINANCIERAS AUTORIZADAS POR EL BANCO CENTRAL DE LA REPÚBLICA ARGENTINA. PRESENTAR CONSTANCIA DE CUENTA BANCARIA ABIERTA EN ARGENTINA. LA PRESENTE SE EFECTUA BAJO APERCIBIMIENTO DE RESOLVER CON LOS ELEMENTOS OBRANTES EN AUTOS. IMPORTANTE: La documentación solicitada deberá ser adjuntada a través de la página web: www.migraciones.gob.ar, sección de Autogestión. Deberá ingresar a "Residencias – Seguí el estado de tu trámite" y luego colocar su número de expediente y fecha de nacimiento en los campos requeridos. Desde allí podrá incorporar la documentación como archivo pdf. Quedan exceptuadas aquellas intimaciones en las cuales Ud. ha sido expresamente citado a presentarse en forma presencial."
-----------------------
"You are hereby invited within 30 days of this notification to present to Migraciones the following documentation: ACCREDITED ENTRY OF FUNDS INTO ARGENTINA, THROUGH BANKS REGULATED BY THE CENTRAL BANK. SUBMIT 'CONSTANCIA' PROOF OF OPEN BANK ACCOUNT IN ARGENTINA. THIS IS MADE UNDER THE WARNING OF RESOLVING WITH THE ELEMENTS WORKING IN CARS. IMPORTANT: The requested documentation must be attached through the website: www.migraciones.gob.ar, Self-management section. You must enter 'ResidencIes – Follow the status of your procedure' and then enter your file number and date of birth in the required fields. From there you can add the documentation as a pdf file. Exceptions are those summonses in which you have been expressly summoned to appear in person."
----------------------

(i have no idea what "apercibimiento de resolver con los elementos obrantes en autos" means, and neither does Google Translate, apparently). cars? automatically??

anyway, i was required with this "Intimación" to open a bank account (did it at Banco de la Nacion/BNA, with my Precaria), then upload a "Constancia" (opening proof/statement), then i went from "Web Pendiente" status to "Tramite en Proceso de Supervision" - which others have mentioned can take 2 months or almost a year to get a DNI. i suspect the next thing they will send is a requirement to show proof i have deposited Pesos. we shall see! i probably won't take the 'hit' on the exchange rate, and risk paying a ton of taxes to the IRS (AFIP), until i'm forced to (and when both an Accountant and Lawyer tell me there's no way around it).
Thanks for sharing all that info. No, I don't have any clients that have recently gotten their permanent residency here. Most of my clients never bother with DNI. Only a few over the years have gotten their DNI. There are big tax consequences for Americans to have permanent residency here so most don't bother with it.

Hopefully things get less murky with Milei as President but all of this is a bit murky. I'm glad I did mine 20 years ago. 2 of my kids were born there so I can easily get Citizenship there but I've just not had time for it and will wait until I move back to Argentina permanently in a few years.

I also haven't known anyone that has gone through the DNI process recently. I did mine many years ago. There is a lot of confusion from the sound of things on financial requirements to send in. I wouldn't know anything about that. I read a lot of old posts in the post but don't read the old forum anymore since I moved over here. Rubilar used to post a lot and not sure if he does anymore. I didn't use him. I never met anyone that did. I didn't like the fact that there was no testimonials that I could talk to.

Here in Argentina you can hire someone and pay them but when there is no guarantee I'm not sure what recourse you would have if things went sideways.

-----------------------
----------------------

Looking thru some old bookmarks there was this post on the old forum of someone using Rubilar

Looking thru some old bookmarks there was this post on the old forum of someone using Rubilar
Yikes! I never saw that post but reading it doesn't exactly inspire confidence. I'm not sure if you meant for that to be a testimonial or not. I was confused by it as it sounded like a lot of mistakes and then at the end he said he had to hire a residency lawyer in 2016. That didn't sound like it was Rubilar unless I'm mistaken. That sounds like a lot of years and it wasn't successful until he married an Argentine permanent resident.

Back