Explore, connect, thrive in
the expat community

Expat Life: Local Discoveries, Global Connections

Thoughts on last night's situation in the Middle East?

Sunny

I don't know what to think, really. This is something that was inevitable, but I guess I was hoping it would not get to this point.

Many of us, living abroad, have financial interests in the States and Europe. I'm so tired of the never ending warring...

I don't know what to think, really. This is something that was inevitable, but I guess I was hoping it would not get to this point.

Many of us, living abroad, have financial interests in the States and Europe. I'm so tired of the never ending warring...
Why can't we all just get along. This is horrible to me. Not sure how Israel is going to react. Bombing the consulate office in Syria and killing those military officers was a stupid move. Hope this isn't the new normal.

I pray that Argentina doesn't somehow get involved in this mess. Staying neutral is the wise thing to do but not sure now that Milei is so pro-Israel. This conflict is dangerous as Russia and China will side with Iran. All these countries are so conflicted right now with what is going on in Taiwan and Turkey. Dangerous times.

Sucks. My Bitcoin sunk like a rock this weekend. Touched 61,000 this weekend. This war would create many problems. Horrible for civilians caught up in this mess plus financial markets will fall. Imagine the possible deaths that will come to innocent people caught up in government's wars.

Sad. Very sad. I was impressed with the Iron Dome. It actually held up well getting 99% of the drones and bombs. But Israel has to strike back at Iran. If not, it sets a dangerous precedent for them. Hopefully USA can talk Iran out of taking retaliatory action. Very uncertain times ahead. Many people have predicted WWIII was coming soon. I used to think they were coots but they might have something to it. This might be the most dangerous time in the Middle East since the 1970's.

I was shocked to see Iran taking this action but it was clear watching it unfold their intent was not to kill citizens. They gave advance notice, had lights on the drones that were slow moving. They were just sending a signal to Israel. I don't know where things go from here. This is one of those times I am glad I live in Argentina. It is always in the past been a safe and neutral country and I hope it stays that way.

I have family in Israel and needless to say this is a horrible and frightening time for them. They said last night this was it and they are finally throwing in the towel. They see increased tension now and don't want to live there anymore. They are going to look to possibly move to Argentina or possibly the United States.

I have family in Israel and needless to say this is a horrible and frightening time for them. They said last night this was it and they are finally throwing in the towel. They see increased tension now and don't want to live there anymore. They are going to look to possibly move to Argentina or possibly the United States.
I am sorry for your family @Vero. I can't even imagine what they are going through there. Horrific after October's events and now this. Every time someone I know complains in the US I tell them to watch the news and see what the Israelis and Palestines are going through. It doesn't seem like this conflict will ever end and it's getting worse.

I wonder where things go from here? I guess it depends on what Israel does next. Iran said the matter is concluded so they were just sending a warning that they won't be pushed around.

Sucks. My Bitcoin sunk like a rock this weekend. Touched 61,000 this weekend. This war would create many problems. Horrible for civilians caught up in this mess plus financial markets will fall. Imagine the possible deaths that will come to innocent people caught up in government's wars.
I saw that starting Friday it started going down. This is why I don't like crypto. I have watched bitcoin go way up years ago and then go way down. My friend bought in at last high a few years ago. He could have sold it and then watched it go down to 17,000 and then up to 74,000 and this weekend fell drastically. It is very volatile. In the event of a big war I wonder how its value would hold up. My guess is it will drastically fall.

I have family there too and it is surprisingly calm there. They aren't too worried and said they know Iran wasn't targeting killing many people. They were just sending a warning. I see this as a non-issue. It will blow over. No real damage caused but what a show of force. The US won't allow Israel to take action.

Do not think tensions will ease up there. Poor Israel was still dealing with the hostages and didn't get that resolved and now all of this. Bad timing assassinating those people in Syria. I read this a few days ago. I hope things settle down but not holding my breath! What a powder keg!!

Saw this online. I like that South America doesn't have any nuclear weapons at all. Argentina is setting pretty in the event of WW3.

Milei should form 'crisis committee' to focus on Argentine economy instead of worrying about Israel. Argentina have its own issues. At least he come home. He spend too much time outside of Argentina in other countries. Hopefully this guy doesn't get Argentina in the middle of dispute.

Milei should form 'crisis committee' to focus on Argentine economy instead of worrying about Israel. Argentina have its own issues. At least he come home. He spend too much time outside of Argentina in other countries. Hopefully this guy doesn't get Argentina in the middle of dispute.

Milei will do what needs to do to make the US happy, no doubt about that. He has no choice.

Back