Explore, connect, thrive in
the expat community

Expat Life: Local Discoveries, Global Connections

Argentina Rentista Visa for 2024? What is the minimum income now for retirement visa for Argentina?

@Handy Andy any updates? i know your Pensionista category is different than mine, but it seems 90% of it will pertain to Rentista stuff.

i haven't braved Migraciones yet regarding Rentista. i'd like to go it alone, but i worry no one has actually done this solo, so maybe these 1-year visas are de-factor not possible unless you pay a lawyer thousands.

anyone else know anyone who has done Rentista/Pensionista by themselves, at Immigrations?
I met a few brave souls that tried to do it on their own and then in the end they kept going in circles and had to pay a lawyer to help them finish. I don't know anyone that has done it all alone. But there must be some out there?

there must be some out there?
you'd think so, but they sure as hell don't blog about it or post the results in these forums!

for instance, paying RADEX Migraciones' "Boletas de Pago" that were emailed to me...where do i pay them? on the old forum, it mentions going to "Provincia Pago" which i have never heard of https://baexpats.org/threads/when-w...have-been-trying-to-contact-them.42580/page-3

it has still been unanswered since May2020. yet, the email once you upload all the documents to RADEX for Rentista Savings says:
ADKq_NYDMAZ1Gio05-K9nekYIbzR6QG28X1VK7sJS6eDnENfUlJN6qtryISUx2ic6LbOq9k8VoRU06rYVPsvk8ojE_p95Ry7L7WK31yfGOvG31K9Ng=s0-d-e1-ft
Payment Tickets
Payment receipts are attached for the respective procedures.
You have a period of 30 days to pay the fees. After this period, the organization may take the measures it deems appropriate in response to your situation of irregularity. - Remember that the credentials to continue the process will only be enabled once ALL OF THE PAYMENTS have been received. If you make partial payments after 30 days, you could lose the fees already paid.-

(translated to English)

one PDF says:
######################## [redacted barcode]
Titular del Trámite [redacted name] Sexo: [redacted gender]
Trámite Solicitado 1ra Identificación Extranjero - EXTRA MERCOSUR- Residencia Temporaria (Mayor)
TOTAL 6000

...and doesn't say whether this is an already-paid thing, and just another receipt, or if they want 6000 Pesos more (about $7 USD).

the 2nd PDF shows:

ATENCIÓN: tu solicitud comenzará a procesarse cuando se encuentre acreditado el pago correspondiente
6 Horas ($4800.00) *#######* Código Pago Electrónico Link PAGAR: ######### ######## Fecha Vencimiento Solicitud: [date] [name] Pasaporte ####### Estadounidense [DOB] [name], , [address] ###################barcode####################

...with icons for "Provincia NET Pagos / Correo Argentino, Correo Oficial"

so, am i required to print these 2 PDFs out, bring them somewhere (post office, Banco Nacional, PagoFacil?), and pay in cash now? i already paid 6000 Pesos online with a USA debit card, so it's weird that i now need to pay 4800 Pesos ($5 USD) for my Argentine Criminal History, with no instructions on where/how to do it

anyone recently pay the ARS 4,800 for a Residency and have any advice? the FAQ says, translated:

"12 - I already loaded all the data into the Ra.D.Ex. ¿How do I access the payment slip that allows me to obtain my username and password to make the 2 ° Step?
After loading your data and those of your family group, I pressed the “ Finalize Order ” button. The system will display, where appropriate, the cost of the Radication process, ID and the Recidivism Certificate.
To pay the Radication fee you can choose to pay in cash or credit card. If you choose cash, the ballot will be sent to your email. If you pay by credit card you will receive proof of payment by the same means.
Tickets are sent to the mail to pay the ID and the Recidivism Certificate must be paid in cash.
IMPORTANT: All payment tickets will be sent to your email after you select the payment method for the 3 (three) fees.
Once the payments are credited, you will receive in your email the credentials with the username and password to access the 2 ° Step."

and:

"18 - Where do I pay the Radication, Recidivism Certificate and DNI fee?
Cash Radication ballots are paid in NET Province or Banco Nación. If you pay by credit card, the system will automatically redirect you to the platform so that you can complete your payment.
The ballots of the Certificate of Recidivism and DNI are paid at Banco Nación, Banco Provincia or Provincia NET."

...but the site https://www.linkpagos.com.ar/ doesn't load, and this one needs me to log-in https://pagar.redlink.com.ar/login

so next i attempted to pay on: https://pagosnet.provincianet.com.ar/pagosnet/public/application/index/landing

and made an account, ending up at: https://pagosnet.provincianet.com.ar/pagosnet/public/application/payment/paywithbarcode

it recognized the barcode at the bottom of my PDF (pasted-in the long number), but then said "Empresa Deshabilitada" - disabled company. so, the national government is a disabled entity? based on how these instructions were written, i can agree there was a disability involved ;)

i suppose my only option now is to try to show the PDF on my phone to the Banco Nacional or Correo Argentino and see if anyone knows what i'm supposed to do, then pay someone to print-out the page if i find someone willing to take payment (cash i suppose, since earlier the FAQ said "and the Recidivism Certificate must be paid in cash").

in the meantime, if any of you with Residencies know how, or know someone or a blog that covers this RADEX-to-Reincidencia-Argentina-criminal-history step, i'd appreciate it! @Betsy Ross

you'd think so, but they sure as hell don't blog about it or post the results in these forums!

for instance, paying RADEX Migraciones' "Boletas de Pago" that were emailed to me...where do i pay them? on the old forum, it mentions going to "Provincia Pago" which i have never heard of https://baexpats.org/threads/when-w...have-been-trying-to-contact-them.42580/page-3

it has still been unanswered since May2020. yet, the email once you upload all the documents to RADEX for Rentista Savings says:
ADKq_NYDMAZ1Gio05-K9nekYIbzR6QG28X1VK7sJS6eDnENfUlJN6qtryISUx2ic6LbOq9k8VoRU06rYVPsvk8ojE_p95Ry7L7WK31yfGOvG31K9Ng=s0-d-e1-ft
Payment Tickets
You have a period of 30 days to pay the fees. After this period, the organization may take the measures it deems appropriate in response to your situation of irregularity. - Remember that the credentials to continue the process will only be enabled once ALL OF THE PAYMENTS have been received. If you make partial payments after 30 days, you could lose the fees already paid.-

(translated to English)

one PDF says:
Trámite Solicitado 1ra Identificación Extranjero - EXTRA MERCOSUR- Residencia Temporaria (Mayor)
TOTAL 6000

...and doesn't say whether this is an already-paid thing, and just another receipt, or if they want 6000 Pesos more (about $7 USD).

the 2nd PDF shows:

ATENCIÓN: tu solicitud comenzará a procesarse cuando se encuentre acreditado el pago correspondiente
6 Horas ($4800.00) *#######* Código Pago Electrónico Link PAGAR: ######### ######## Fecha Vencimiento Solicitud: [date] [name] Pasaporte ####### Estadounidense [DOB] [name], , [address] ###################barcode####################

so, am i required to print these 2 PDFs out, bring them somewhere (post office, Banco Nacional, PagoFacil?), and pay in cash now? i already paid 6000 Pesos online with a USA debit card, so it's weird that i now need to pay 4800 Pesos ($5 USD) for my Argentine Criminal History, with no instructions on where/how to do it

anyone recently pay the ARS 4,800 for a Residency and have any advice? the FAQ says, translated:

"12 - I already loaded all the data into the Ra.D.Ex. ¿How do I access the payment slip that allows me to obtain my username and password to make the 2 ° Step?
After loading your data and those of your family group, I pressed the “ Finalize Order ” button. The system will display, where appropriate, the cost of the Radication process, ID and the Recidivism Certificate.
To pay the Radication fee you can choose to pay in cash or credit card. If you choose cash, the ballot will be sent to your email. If you pay by credit card you will receive proof of payment by the same means.
Tickets are sent to the mail to pay the ID and the Recidivism Certificate must be paid in cash.
IMPORTANT: All payment tickets will be sent to your email after you select the payment method for the 3 (three) fees.
Once the payments are credited, you will receive in your email the credentials with the username and password to access the 2 ° Step."

and:

Cash Radication ballots are paid in NET Province or Banco Nación. If you pay by credit card, the system will automatically redirect you to the platform so that you can complete your payment.
The ballots of the Certificate of Recidivism and DNI are paid at Banco Nación, Banco Provincia or Provincia NET."

...but the site https://www.linkpagos.com.ar/ doesn't load, and this one needs me to log-in https://pagar.redlink.com.ar/login

so next i attempted to pay on: https://pagosnet.provincianet.com.ar/pagosnet/public/application/index/landing

and made an account, ending up at: https://pagosnet.provincianet.com.ar/pagosnet/public/application/payment/paywithbarcode

it recognized the barcode at the bottom of my PDF (pasted-in the long number), but then said "Empresa Deshabilitada" - disabled company. so, the national government is a disabled entity? based on how these instructions were written, i can agree there was a disability involved ;)

i suppose my only option now is to try to show the PDF on my phone to the Banco Nacional or Correo Argentino and see if anyone knows what i'm supposed to do, then pay someone to print-out the page if i find someone willing to take payment (cash i suppose, since earlier the FAQ said "and the Recidivism Certificate must be paid in cash").

in the meantime, if any of you with Residencies know how, or know someone or a blog that covers this RADEX-to-Reincidencia-Argentina-criminal-history step, i'd appreciate it! @Betsy Ross
So sorry it is so painful. I don't know anything about this process but didn't @Darksider415 go through the process? But maybe it was different as his wife already had Mercosur passport. I have never known anyone that could figure it out on their own.

Payment Tickets

(translated to English)

one PDF says:
TOTAL 6000

the 2nd PDF shows:

and:

These kinds of things would drive me crazy in Argentina. It's almost like they purposely make things confusing. I didn't have time at all to deal with that bureaucracy and red tape and just paid an attorney. I'm sure there has to be people doing it themselves. But I've just found that people for whatever reason don't like the share information which is a shame. One of the reasons I created this website is to promote the sharing of valuable information on Argentina.

Good luck @StatusNomadicus I hope you can figure it out.

this website is to promote the sharing of valuable information
and it's working for sure, and i think i've brought at least 4 people here :) hope you can make this profitable, since it's a lot of work to moderate and maintain these forums

in the meantime, speaking of:
just paid an attorney
my girlfriend had a consult for $100 USD for an hour from a second lawyer, and he said he charges about $1,000 USD to get a Rentista Residency, but the initial part of RADEX, documents, domicilio, apostilling documents, fingerprints is all on you. so, other than him appearing for me after the initial Migraciones appointment that i'm trying to schedule (this Boleto de Pago is the last step), i'm not sure what a lawyer would do for me right now, with RADEX. i'm not sure a lawyer can even do RADEX on our behalf, legally, because it says it's a self-service or personal thing. who knows?

Payment Tickets

(translated to English)

one PDF says:
TOTAL 6000

the 2nd PDF shows:

and:

I'm sorry but I got my residency a long time ago. I didn't handle any of this. I would think a lawyer would have input on how to do this. Won't the one that you would hire at least give you guidance on how to do these things? If they don't know how to do this then it would give me pause for them to handle afterwards.

Payment Tickets

(translated to English)

one PDF says:
TOTAL 6000

the 2nd PDF shows:

and:

How in the hell does the lawyer you're paying not be able to tell you this??? Seems ridiculous that he wouldn't at least be able to guide you on this. Not saying he should do it but not to be able to answer these questions?

How in the hell does the lawyer you're paying not be able to tell you this??? Seems ridiculous that he wouldn't at least be able to guide you on this. Not saying he should do it but not to be able to answer these questions?
Everything here seems inefficient and difficult. I tried getting my CDI tax ID # and that was an ordeal! Everytime someone would tell me something different or tell me a form was missing or that I couldn't do something or that I needed to go back to police station, etc. It is like they will make any excuse not to have to work and do their job!

So sorry it is so painful. I don't know anything about this process but didn't @Darksider415 go through the process? But maybe it was different as his wife already had Mercosur passport. I have never known anyone that could figure it out on their own.
I actually did it on my own, fwiw, and I know at least one Brazilian other than my wife who has, too. We had to jump through the boleto hoops like everyone else, it was just easier by getting to skip directly to PR due to Ley 26.240, since she's Brazilian.

and it's working for sure, and i think i've brought at least 4 people here :) hope you can make this profitable, since it's a lot of work to moderate and maintain these forums

in the meantime, speaking of:

my girlfriend had a consult for $100 USD for an hour from a second lawyer, and he said he charges about $1,000 USD to get a Rentista Residency, but the initial part of RADEX, documents, domicilio, apostilling documents, fingerprints is all on you. so, other than him appearing for me after the initial Migraciones appointment that i'm trying to schedule (this Boleto de Pago is the last step), i'm not sure what a lawyer would do for me right now, with RADEX. i'm not sure a lawyer can even do RADEX on our behalf, legally, because it says it's a self-service or personal thing. who knows?
For the boleto you can't pay online, print them out, go to your nearest Correo Argentino and you can pay it there in cash. If you do the express turno, make an appointment with RENAPER as well for your criminal records, between now and when your turno is. Domicilio, that's your police station. Apostilles are home country, etc... As for the lawyer, you're better off doing it on your own.

Really, the only thing they can do is harass Migraciones on your behalf when they feel like stalling, but you can do that yourself. Just set a reminder every 48h to send them another email asking for updates. 90 days is their established timeframe for getting a result, after the initial turno. Hold them to it.

Everything here seems inefficient and difficult. I tried getting my CDI tax ID # and that was an ordeal! Everytime someone would tell me something different or tell me a form was missing or that I couldn't do something or that I needed to go back to police station, etc. It is like they will make any excuse not to have to work and do their job!
The secret to Argentine bureaucracy is to keep a copy of the official requirements with you, and point to those, whenever they start arguing. Ask for the boss, if necessary. You can get through it, you just have to think like an Argentinian.

Won't the one that you would hire at least give you guidance on how to do these things?
sure, but i've gotten 3 consults, and my girlfriend has had 2 consults, and every lawyer has a different gameplan for everything, and offers different things :p

one lawyer said RADEX is all me; another said you can sign a Power of Attorney and they will do it all, but the initial appearance requires the person to go to Migraciones (accompanied if in Buenos Aires where the lawyer is) regardless. but no...they all think different documents are needed, and basically all of them agree that Migraciones make-up everything and some people have to deposit money in an Argentine bank account (in Pesos? no one knows), and others don't. my girlfriend is a textbook Rentista rental-property owner but one lawyer will tell you that you don't need a 1-year lease (despite Migraciones' site saying explicitly you do), one will say you need to make deposits to a local Pesos account, one says you just need to show pulling out $20 USD from a local ATM, etc.

basically, i haven't paid anyone because none of them are certain of anything, except Rubilar @Bajo_cero2 who is wayyyyy too certain (guarantees you'll get citizenship, yet some people on the old forum report that some of his clients are back-logged a few years with no hope in sight). most lawyers in Argentina i've noticed do not react well to being asked why certain things need to happen (i like to know why/how things happen, but this culture seems to interpret/project a sort of distrust into this mindset). the way my brain works, and for this documentation process for people in the future, i need to know why and how some things work. i've offended at least 3 lawyers who essentially say 'if you can't trust me, find someone else' despite me asking very politely and being curious (i was a cop, and almost started a Law bachelor degree, and i'm also studying the history of Argentina which includes the legal system, etc.) - but there is some sort of culture that they don't want to put anything in writing, and want you to just 'trust' them (yet they will tell you not to trust anyone, and there are 20+ words/phrases for being scammed in Argentine Spanish).

the lawyer you're paying
i may have written ambiguously, but i've had several consults with lawyers to see if there is any single common strategy (there is not; they are all completely convinced of different ideas about Rentista Savings) ... i have not paid the $500 to $2000 USD to hire them to represent me. when i find one i'm impressed by, and think it will change any of this process, i will pay :) i'm not convinced they do much for the process other than maybe bribe with their connections, and give you more peace of mind (or help with Spanish). i have just barely over 1 month left on my extended tourist visa, so if anyone has one that they are currently happy with @Canada Goose etc., give me the info, please!

Darksider415 - For the boleto you can't pay online, print them out, go to your nearest Correo Argentino and you can pay it there in cash. If you do the express turno, make an appointment with RENAPER as well for your criminal records, between now and when your turno is. Domicilio, that's your police station. Apostilles are home country, etc... As for the lawyer, you're better off doing it on your own. Really, the only thing they can do is harass Migraciones on your behalf when they feel like stalling, but you can do that yourself. Just set a reminder every 48h to send them another email asking for updates. 90 days is their established timeframe for getting a result, after the initial turno. Hold them to it. The secret to Argentine bureaucracy is to keep a copy of the official requirements with you, and point to those, whenever they start arguing. Ask for the boss, if necessary. You can get through it, you just have to think like an Argentinian.

@Darksider415 great info, i will hustle today before close of 13:00 business (of course the gov't office is 8a-1p Mon-Fri, lol) and get this printed and paid at Correo Argentino. it would be nice if the government wouldn't assume that this PDF was self-explanatory just because it has a Correo logo on it (why pay at a Post Office? why not pay online, or at a bank, or at Migraciones?).

and, so that i can document all of this for the next people who try Residencies on their own, perhaps with less than my average Spanish, did you follow a specific guide or know a good write-up on all this stuff, Darksider? for instance, the Cordoba Province police offer a "Declaración Jurada" which i think is different than a Domicilio, but it's all they would do for me. and i had to go to the substation with 2 witnesses; they don't come to your house to verify, you just swear it's your address. i didn't do the Express because i wanted to see if it was worth it when my girlfriend submits in a couple weeks. i will write all of this up when i'm successful, though some details will change no doubt. or i'll be in Paraguay in a month, since i don't want to risk my dog being illegal here. anyone have any insight to Paraguay, Chile, or Uruguay in May/Jun/Jul as my backup plan?

sure, but i've gotten 3 consults, and my girlfriend has had 2 consults, and every lawyer has a different gameplan for everything, and offers different things :p

one lawyer said RADEX is all me; another said you can sign a Power of Attorney and they will do it all, but the initial appearance requires the person to go to Migraciones (accompanied if in Buenos Aires where the lawyer is) regardless. but no...they all think different documents are needed, and basically all of them agree that Migraciones make-up everything and some people have to deposit money in an Argentine bank account (in Pesos? no one knows), and others don't. my girlfriend is a textbook Rentista rental-property owner but one lawyer will tell you that you don't need a 1-year lease (despite Migraciones' site saying explicitly you do), one will say you need to make deposits to a local Pesos account, one says you just need to show pulling out $20 USD from a local ATM, etc.

basically, i haven't paid anyone because none of them are certain of anything, except Rubilar @Bajo_cero2 who is wayyyyy too certain (guarantees you'll get citizenship, yet some people on the old forum report that some of his clients are back-logged a few years with no hope in sight). most lawyers in Argentina i've noticed do not react well to being asked why certain things need to happen (i like to know why/how things happen, but this culture seems to interpret/project a sort of distrust into this mindset). the way my brain works, and for this documentation process for people in the future, i need to know why and how some things work. i've offended at least 3 lawyers who essentially say 'if you can't trust me, find someone else' despite me asking very politely and being curious (i was a cop, and almost started a Law bachelor degree, and i'm also studying the history of Argentina which includes the legal system, etc.) - but there is some sort of culture that they don't want to put anything in writing, and want you to just 'trust' them (yet they will tell you not to trust anyone, and there are 20+ words/phrases for being scammed in Argentine Spanish).

i may have written ambiguously, but i've had several consults with lawyers to see if there is any single common strategy (there is not; they are all completely convinced of different ideas about Rentista Savings) ... i have not paid the $500 to $2000 USD to hire them to represent me. when i find one i'm impressed by, and think it will change any of this process, i will pay :) i'm not convinced they do much for the process other than maybe bribe with their connections, and give you more peace of mind (or help with Spanish). i have just barely over 1 month left on my extended tourist visa, so if anyone has one that they are currently happy with @Canada Goose etc., give me the info, please!

@Darksider415 great info, i will hustle today before close of 13:00 business (of course the gov't office is 8a-1p Mon-Fri, lol) and get this printed and paid at Correo Argentino. it would be nice if the government wouldn't assume that this PDF was self-explanatory just because it has a Correo logo on it (why pay at a Post Office? why not pay online, or at a bank, or at Migraciones?).

and, so that i can document all of this for the next people who try Residencies on their own, perhaps with less than my average Spanish, did you follow a specific guide or know a good write-up on all this stuff, Darksider? for instance, the Cordoba Province police offer a "Declaración Jurada" which i think is different than a Domicilio, but it's all they would do for me. and i had to go to the substation with 2 witnesses; they don't come to your house to verify, you just swear it's your address. i didn't do the Express because i wanted to see if it was worth it when my girlfriend submits in a couple weeks. i will write all of this up when i'm successful, though some details will change no doubt. or i'll be in Paraguay in a month, since i don't want to risk my dog being illegal here. anyone have any insight to Paraguay, Chile, or Uruguay in May/Jun/Jul as my backup plan?
You wrapped up in a nutshell what is wrong with Argentina. Everyone interprets something their own way. And everyone probably does it their own way and when they have success they think THEIR way is the one that works. Left hand doesn't know what right hand is doing in government in these offices. These employees all interpret things different. Managers do as well. The one constant is if you keep bothering them they finally do it as they figure the sooner you are out of their lives the better. But they drag their feet kicking and screaming fighting to work.

I actually did it on my own, fwiw, and I know at least one Brazilian other than my wife who has, too. We had to jump through the boleto hoops like everyone else, it was just easier by getting to skip directly to PR due to Ley 26.240, since she's Brazilian.

For the boleto you can't pay online, print them out, go to your nearest Correo Argentino and you can pay it there in cash. If you do the express turno, make an appointment with RENAPER as well for your criminal records, between now and when your turno is. Domicilio, that's your police station. Apostilles are home country, etc... As for the lawyer, you're better off doing it on your own.

Really, the only thing they can do is harass Migraciones on your behalf when they feel like stalling, but you can do that yourself. Just set a reminder every 48h to send them another email asking for updates. 90 days is their established timeframe for getting a result, after the initial turno. Hold them to it.
The secret to Argentine bureaucracy is to keep a copy of the official requirements with you, and point to those, whenever they start arguing. Ask for the boss, if necessary. You can get through it, you just have to think like an Argentinian.
Some of the best advice I have read on this forum. Thanks @Darksider415!

You wrapped up in a nutshell what is wrong with Argentina. Everyone interprets something their own way. And everyone probably does it their own way and when they have success they think THEIR way is the one that works. Left hand doesn't know what right hand is doing in government in these offices. These employees all interpret things different. Managers do as well. The one constant is if you keep bothering them they finally do it as they figure the sooner you are out of their lives the better. But they drag their feet kicking and screaming fighting to work.
Amen. I have never seen anything like this here. It's not wonder the country is an economic mess. Everyone wants a paycheck but no one wants to do any work.

I rolled through on my own, but I also read Castellano very well, and speak it moderately well. According to the argentinos I know, it's good for a gringo, lol. The declaración jurada will stand in place of the domicilio, and it's a sworn statement that you live where you live.

As long as you have all your docs in order, translated* and duly apostilled*, and you're persistent, you can manage it on your own.

* for the apostille and translation because Brazilian documents are exempt from translation and apostille requirements, due to exceptions carved out in Ley 26.240

I rolled through on my own, but I also read Castellano very well, and speak it moderately well. According to the argentinos I know, it's good for a gringo, lol. The declaración jurada will stand in place of the domicilio, and it's a sworn statement that you live where you live.

As long as you have all your docs in order, translated* and duly apostilled*, and you're persistent, you can manage it on your own.

* for the apostille and translation because Brazilian documents are exempt from translation and apostille requirements, due to exceptions carved out in Ley 26.240
Thank you so much for sharing the knowledge @Darksider415. This is what these forums are for. 95% of people in life are "takers" and only 5% are "givers". Thanks for being one of the givers and sharing the wealth of knowledge. This is why I created this forum.

But they drag their feet kicking and screaming fighting to work.
so different from the government-as-a-competing-business model that the prince of Liechtenstein advocates for:

"The State should treat its citizens like an enterprise treats its customers. For this to work, the State also needs competition. We therefore support the right of self-determination at the municipal level, in order to end the monopoly of the State over its territory."
...and very different than how i was brought-up, that working for the gov't should be customer-service-based with a feeling of being a "public servant" - not an entitled bureaucrat who is annoyed at having to do something other than be on their phone and collect a guaranteed paycheck.
Everyone wants a paycheck but no one wants to do any work.
indeed, and on top of that, there's a weird culture where i'm at right now in Cordoba Province: 90% of the businesses, from butchers to print shops, close around 13:00 and open back up around 17:30 daily...so getting anything done is a nightmare! the big chain supermarkets stay open, but so many people close mid-day, so timing your shopping is hard. i asked yesterday at a fruit store why, and the lady seemed like she had never thought about it, or had ever been asked why they're closed 13:30-18:00. she just said "no sé" and shrugged. ahhahaa, where am i??

@Darksider415 i hope the Migraciones folks agree with you on the sworn statement. it's so interesting that all of this paperwork is so painful to get done, yet none of it can actually be verified; someone could forge a Domicilio so easily, and my apostilled packets could be changed-out to say whatever i want to say...how would Migraciones confirm? they going to call the FBI and verify? :p these people can't even call a different department/agency down the street to confirm anything!

a lot of hoop-jumping and red tape to guarantee absolutely nothing. i hope the country/president/congress can change the laws to make Residencies easier. i know in my anecdotal sample size of 1 (my girlfriend) that she doesn't feel welcome, or feel positive about the chances of staying here legally, so most likely thousands of other peaceful, money-spending people are feeling the same. and of course you can just overstay illegally and all that, but i'm hoping for citizenship and to buy some land.

success today: i got my Boleto de Pago paid before it expired and the Post Office closed at 13:00. i did have to print-out the paper (they took half of it), so no scanning of barcodes allowed. and they collected 4,800 Pesos (or just over $5 USD) in cash. i'll update here when i get an email update about my Reincidencia/recidivism/Argentine criminal history back, and hope for an in-person appointment.

Translation-wise, @Darksider415, that's nice that Portuguese is allowed, but i need to get all my Apostilled documents translated and certified by the Colegio de Traductores Publicos or whatever it's called, English to Spanish as you mentioned. anyone have any insight on if those translations need to be physical, or can i email the PDFs of my documents, the registered translator does it all digitally, and then i can print-out here where i'm at before my initial Migraciones appointment? i'm worried this will take some time.

so different from the government-as-a-competing-business model that the prince of Liechtenstein advocates for:

"The State should treat its citizens like an enterprise treats its customers. For this to work, the State also needs competition. We therefore support the right of self-determination at the municipal level, in order to end the monopoly of the State over its territory."
...and very different than how i was brought-up, that working for the gov't should be customer-service-based with a feeling of being a "public servant" - not an entitled bureaucrat who is annoyed at having to do something other than be on their phone and collect a guaranteed paycheck.

indeed, and on top of that, there's a weird culture where i'm at right now in Cordoba Province: 90% of the businesses, from butchers to print shops, close around 13:00 and open back up around 17:30 daily...so getting anything done is a nightmare! the big chain supermarkets stay open, but so many people close mid-day, so timing your shopping is hard. i asked yesterday at a fruit store why, and the lady seemed like she had never thought about it, or had ever been asked why they're closed 13:30-18:00. she just said "no sé" and shrugged. ahhahaa, where am i??

@Darksider415 i hope the Migraciones folks agree with you on the sworn statement. it's so interesting that all of this paperwork is so painful to get done, yet none of it can actually be verified; someone could forge a Domicilio so easily, and my apostilled packets could be changed-out to say whatever i want to say...how would Migraciones confirm? they going to call the FBI and verify? :p these people can't even call a different department/agency down the street to confirm anything!

a lot of hoop-jumping and red tape to guarantee absolutely nothing. i hope the country/president/congress can change the laws to make Residencies easier. i know in my anecdotal sample size of 1 (my girlfriend) that she doesn't feel welcome, or feel positive about the chances of staying here legally, so most likely thousands of other peaceful, money-spending people are feeling the same. and of course you can just overstay illegally and all that, but i'm hoping for citizenship and to buy some land.

success today: i got my Boleto de Pago paid before it expired and the Post Office closed at 13:00. i did have to print-out the paper (they took half of it), so no scanning of barcodes allowed. and they collected 4,800 Pesos (or just over $5 USD) in cash. i'll update here when i get an email update about my Reincidencia/recidivism/Argentine criminal history back, and hope for an in-person appointment.

Translation-wise, @Darksider415, that's nice that Portuguese is allowed, but i need to get all my Apostilled documents translated and certified by the Colegio de Traductores Publicos or whatever it's called, English to Spanish as you mentioned. anyone have any insight on if those translations need to be physical, or can i email the PDFs of my documents, the registered translator does it all digitally, and then i can print-out here where i'm at before my initial Migraciones appointment? i'm worried this will take some time.
The translations do need to be physical. They need to be physical copies, translated with a stamp from the translator and it'll have a special document code they canv erify. Oh, and you'll still need to upload a PDF anyway.

As for the apostilles, they _do_ have a way to verify the apostilles with the US State Department, and I'm pretty sure they do verify the domicilio with the police department, because the police keep a record of the certificados they issue.

As for the apostilles, they _do_ have a way to verify the apostilles with the US State Department, and I'm pretty sure they do verify the domicilio with the police department, because the police keep a record of the certificados they issue.
i hope so, but that would suggest a level of basic competence that isn't reflected in most places with the federal government here ;) regardless, it seems like my Declaración Jurada might be different than a Certificado de Domicilio - but i'm going to keep digging on this one. has anyone, @Darksider415 especially, converted a Jurada to Domicilio? i read somewhere that i need to go to the Registro Civil to get that done.

update this week: my Precaria as emailed to me (with my photo upside-down, lol) with only 9 days in-between the day i got my Precaria and my appointment at Migraciones in Cordoba - so looks like they aren't really backed-up! now i have a week to get these translations done, so we'll see how much these Registered Translators try to extort me for. i was kind of hoping for a Precaria of like 6 months so i can shop-around for quotes ahahaha

i took screenshots for the eventual guide i'm going to write for you future folks. RADEX isn't bad, it's just the in-between where you 'just have to know' what the next step is each time.

i hope so, but that would suggest a level of basic competence that isn't reflected in most places with the federal government here ;) regardless, it seems like my Declaración Jurada might be different than a Certificado de Domicilio - but i'm going to keep digging on this one. has anyone, @Darksider415 especially, converted a Jurada to Domicilio? i read somewhere that i need to go to the Registro Civil to get that done.

update this week: my Precaria as emailed to me (with my photo upside-down, lol) with only 9 days in-between the day i got my Precaria and my appointment at Migraciones in Cordoba - so looks like they aren't really backed-up! now i have a week to get these translations done, so we'll see how much these Registered Translators try to extort me for. i was kind of hoping for a Precaria of like 6 months so i can shop-around for quotes ahahaha

i took screenshots for the eventual guide i'm going to write for you future folks. RADEX isn't bad, it's just the in-between where you 'just have to know' what the next step is each time.
You get the 6 month precária after the in person turno

Can you post about your experience with the Registered Translators? I haven't gone through this process in a long time but a friend is selling a property and she has to get all kind of documents with official translation and stamped by the Colegio de Escribanos and it was highway robbery! Crazy expensive. She had to get 8 separate documents translated and certified. None of the documents were long but she was claiming that each needed a separate stamp. The quote was something like 750,000 pesos. I didn't have any contacts for official certified translators. But is this normal? I have no clue if this is normal or not?

I would love to hear your experiences on costs of that @StatusNomadicus.

Back