Explore, connect, thrive in
the expat community

Expat Life: Local Discoveries, Global Connections

Food & Drink Pizza Restaurants in Buenos Aires - What are some of your favorite pizza places in Buenos Aires, Argentina?

I am a huge lover of pizza. Very few things in life top a glass of vino and a spice of great pizza. I thought I'd start a thread of some of your absolute pizza places in Buenos Aires. I saw a few places mentioned in random threads but I thought it would be a good idea to post everyone's favorite in this master pizza thread.

Many people complain about Argentine pizza. Some say there is too much cheese or not enough sauce. Let's be honest. Is there such a thing as bad pizza?

Here is a list of my favorites!

Siamo nel Forno - Palermo Soho

Google Map & Reviews: https://maps.app.goo.gl/zsZCS9v8k8jXWQ9o6

TripAdvisor: https://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaur...no-Buenos_Aires_Capital_Federal_District.html
I absolutely love Siamo nel Forno! It's delicious. I love Neapolitan style pizza. I went to Italy many decades ago and they know really good pizza there and this reminded me of my trip to Italy. Really top notch!

Call me crazy but I am not a big fan of Buenos Aires pizza. I don't really like it. Granted I haven't tried all of these places and maybe I will give it another try. The only place that I really go for pizza is Pioli near my apartment. They have been around forever which is a good sign in Buenos Aires. I have gone to the same location on Libertad for years and years.

I guess now it's a franchise. I didn't know that! Here is their website:

FYI this place is great. I went there today and I had a small pizza with pepperoni and a diet coke and it was 9100 pesos. Not exactly cheap but not too bad either. I guess the same thing in the USA these days might be $16 US or more. The pizza was very good!

My absolute fav for great Za is Novola. You can order it on PedidosYa too. Links below. I heard a rumor the tomatoes are imported from Italy but that has to be a wise tale. I talked to the chef once. And he claims to be trained in Naples so it's that style which I love.

PedidosYa

IG

Google Maps

I'm from NYC originally! I noticed this place online. Is this the same Sbarro's in the USA?? Be still my beating heart if so! Please tell me someone has eaten here and it's the same or is it the "Argentine version of good NYC pizza"? LOL.

Wow! I just went to a new pizza joint yesterday and it was great! Santo Bar de Pizzas.

Google Maps

Menus Here

Whatsapp Delivery and Reservations:

I'm not a big Argentina pizza guy but I went to a business lunch in Palermo with some colleagues today and went to Tonno at Charcas / Thames. Wood fired grill and nice crust and flavorful. Half mozzarella and half provolone cheese. Was good.

Google Maps:

Website

Argentina ... one of the few countries in the world where having a pizza is an accepted business lumch!

I'm not a big Argentina pizza guy but I went to a business lunch in Palermo with some colleagues today and went to Tonno at Charcas / Thames. Wood fired grill and nice crust and flavorful. Half mozzarella and half provolone cheese. Was good.

Google Maps:

Website

Thank you for recommendation. I will try it.

Google Maps:

Website

I have been here a few times. One of the few places in BA that also has a tuna salad sandwich. Sometimes they have chicken salad sandwich too.

We were big fans of Morelia and the branch in Humboldt was our place. But they closed that one when the Pandemic hit

they used to have a place in Las cañitas - not sure if it's still there. And they have a new one in Caballito which we did about six months ago. Absolutely excellent thin crust rectangular pizzas - thee sizes - we get the biggest - mix the flavors and we take home what we can't stick in our mouths.

they also have a place in Montevideo, which we did last summer when we went to change our tyres - ( No run flats available at the time in Argentina!)

The other place we like and we still enjoy is Almacen de Pizzas - they have quite a few branches - Good quality thin crust pizzas - this time round and traditional - we will get the biggest and take the remains home for lunch the next day.

The other place we like and we still enjoy is Almacen de Pizzas - they have quite a few branches - Good quality thin crust pizzas - this time round and traditional - we will get the biggest and take the remains home for lunch the next day.

Thank you. Will check it out.

Does anyone know if they have any Vegan Pizzerias in Buenos Aires that make vegan pizzas? Thanks in advance!
I went to a few good places that were vegan as my friend with us was vegan.

Hierbabuena was good and tasty.

Vegan Fox on Gorriti was awesome.

La Veverde was good too!

Does anyone know if they have any Vegan Pizzerias in Buenos Aires that make vegan pizzas? Thanks in advance!
I am heading to town in a few weeks but my friend there now said they went to Chui and had a Vegan pizza so check them out. I think she said it was in Villa Crespo.

I'm not sure if they have Vegan Pizzas but I think I saw one on the menu but hands down one of the best Vegan restaurants in Buenos Aires is in Belgrano. A place called Gordo Vegano. Everything I have had is delicious!

Back