Explore, connect, thrive in
the expat community

Expat Life: Local Discoveries, Global Connections

Food & Drink Pizza Restaurants in Buenos Aires - What are some of your favorite pizza places in Buenos Aires, Argentina?

I saw this place, Pizzeria La Mezzetta on Netflix's Someone Feed Phil so I went. The cheesy fugazzetta pizza did not disappoint! This is a very old-school joint. The only thing I didn't like is they didn't have napkins.

Netflix:

IG

Google Map & Reviews:

TripAdvisor:

I saw this place, Pizzeria La Mezzetta on Netflix's Someone Feed Phil so I went. The cheesy fugazzetta pizza did not disappoint! This is a very old-school joint. The only thing I didn't like is they didn't have napkins.

Netflix:

IG

Google Map & Reviews:

TripAdvisor:

Thank you! This was on my list. I also saw the Someone Feed Phil Episode.

I went off the beaten tracks to this place in San Martin if you're out that way.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Pizzería-Santa-Lucía/452940458099689

Google Maps:

I love some good Za!

Visited a few above and the best was Togni's as I like NY style which is the best!

Try Hell's Pizza. I didn't think it was as good as Togni's but totally decent.

Hell's Pizza - Lots of locations but I went to the one in Palermo.

Google Map & Reviews:

TripAdvisor:

I tried a few places and i agree that the pizza in Argentina is no where near as flavorful as in the USA. I just don't think they use quality ingredients. But one of my favorites is El Mazacote. Also, try the Empanadas. They are also really great!

Google Maps:

TripAdvisor:

I don't think the pizza is all that great in Buenos Aires. They ALL think it's the greatest thing since sliced bread (and that's all theirs tastes like).

Since the taste is fairly bland anyway, I usually just grab a cheap and affordable slice. I go to La Americana near my place. Although I think they have the best empanadas. I always grab a few empanadas there too.

Google Map -

TripAdvisor -

Thank you! This was on my list. I also saw the Someone Feed Phil Episode.

I went off the beaten tracks to this place in San Martin if you're out that way.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Pizzería-Santa-Lucía/452940458099689

Google Maps:

@Spend Thrift - You have great taste in food! I have been there and enjoyed it.

Last edited:
I like Togni's in Belgrano and Piola in Recoleta. I agree the pizza in Argentina is not nearly as tasty as in the USA. I just think in the USA there is probably far more competition over all. Take a city the size of Buenos Aires and there are far more pizza places.

In Buenos Aires many taste like you are eating a cardboard box. It may come down to personal tastes but many of my American friends say the same thing.

It's often said over and over that many people don't like the pizza in Buenos Aires. This is a good article about it. The funny thing is the Argentines are so proud of their pizza!

"The Worst Pizza Ever​

But nowhere in the world have I encountered such an overall low standard of pizza, and especially not one that people are so proud of!

As you might guess from #3, the pizzas were just lakes of cheese. Not even good cheese. Not even when we went to well-recommended or highly rated pizzerias.

Toppings were thrown on raw, instead of prepared, and baked on the pizza. (I know, lots of restaurants make this mistake, but it was especially painful when paired with the bland cheese lakes.)

The fugazzeta, which I had been so incredibly excited to try, turned out to be just like the other pizzas there: bland and full of way too much cheese. I can normally out-eat a teenage basketball player, but a couple slices of fugazzeta were enough to make me feel like I had consumed my calories for the week (and not particularly enjoyed them, either)."

I love some good Za!

Visited a few above and the best was Togni's as I like NY style which is the best!

Google Map & Reviews:

TripAdvisor:

They’ve got franchises all over Argentina now. I went to the one in Neuquén while I was at my church denomination’s national conference in August, and it was very good, even if it was a little ironic going to Hell on a church trip.

They’ve got franchises all over Argentina now. I went to the one in Neuquén while I was at my church denomination’s national conference in August, and it was very good, even if it was a little ironic going to Hell on a church trip.
Too funny! Thanks for sharing. Wow, I didn't know they were a franchise. I had a friend mention them and say it was very good too so it's good to hear this confirmation. I just looked and here is the other location in Palermo. I'm not sure if there are other other locations in BA. I wish more restaurants had actual websites but I find it strange many businesses and especially restaurants just have a Facebook or IG page. Websites are so cheap these days so it boggles my mind companies wouldn't want a presence online.

I can't remember the name of the restaurant but if you go upstairs to the top of the food court in the Paseo al Corta shopping mall there is a super nice food court. There is a pizza place there that has really amazing pizza! I was very surprised to see such a nice food court. I went two times during my stay as I had an Airbnb near Palermo Chico. I had pasta one day from a restaurant a few down from the Pizza and it was great too! The food in Buenos Aires is amazing!

I don't know the name of the restaurant but there was only one pizza place and there is a line both times I went.

Here is the location of the shopping mall -

Yes!! I went up in that shopping mall at Paseo al Corta and I was also surprised how nice the food court is. I went up many years ago and there was only a McDonalds but they have a lot of higher end places in there. I had a delicious pizza with great pizza sauce on it. I believe the restaurant was Cucina Paradiso which also has a few locations around Buenos Aires. I had a pan square pizza there by the slice and it was delicious. They also had a mushroom pizza slice that was heavenly!

Someone told me all those restaurants are all owned by the same owner. I'm not sure if that is true but I went back another time and they had amazing sandwiches too!

Yes!! I went up in that shopping mall at Paseo al Corta and I was also surprised how nice the food court is. I went up many years ago and there was only a McDonalds but they have a lot of higher end places in there. I had a delicious pizza with great pizza sauce on it. I believe the restaurant was Cucina Paradiso which also has a few locations around Buenos Aires. I had a pan square pizza there by the slice and it was delicious. They also had a mushroom pizza slice that was heavenly!

Someone told me all those restaurants are all owned by the same owner. I'm not sure if that is true but I went back another time and they had amazing sandwiches too!

I also like this place up there. I think it's actually called Casa Paradiso. I also go up to get my haircut up in that mall on the 3rd floor. They are really good.

I like Togni's in Belgrano and Piola in Recoleta. I agree the pizza in Argentina is not nearly as tasty as in the USA. I just think in the USA there is probably far more competition over all. Take a city the size of Buenos Aires and there are far more pizza places.

In Buenos Aires many taste like you are eating a cardboard box. It may come down to personal tastes but many of my American friends say the same thing.

It's often said over and over that many people don't like the pizza in Buenos Aires. This is a good article about it. The funny thing is the Argentines are so proud of their pizza!

"The Worst Pizza Ever​

But nowhere in the world have I encountered such an overall low standard of pizza, and especially not one that people are so proud of!

As you might guess from #3, the pizzas were just lakes of cheese. Not even good cheese. Not even when we went to well-recommended or highly rated pizzerias.

Toppings were thrown on raw, instead of prepared, and baked on the pizza. (I know, lots of restaurants make this mistake, but it was especially painful when paired with the bland cheese lakes.)

The fugazzeta, which I had been so incredibly excited to try, turned out to be just like the other pizzas there: bland and full of way too much cheese. I can normally out-eat a teenage basketball player, but a couple slices of fugazzeta were enough to make me feel like I had consumed my calories for the week (and not particularly enjoyed them, either)."
So NOT true. Argentina has the best pizza in the world!

I am a huge lover of pizza. Very few things in life top a glass of vino and a spice of great pizza. I thought I'd start a thread of some of your absolute pizza places in Buenos Aires. I saw a few places mentioned in random threads but I thought it would be a good idea to post everyone's favorite in this master pizza thread.

Many people complain about Argentine pizza. Some say there is too much cheese or not enough sauce. Let's be honest. Is there such a thing as bad pizza?

Here is a list of my favorites!

Pizzeria Guerrin

Google Map & Reviews:

Trip Advisor (Has won Traveler's Choice Award) : https://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaur...in-Buenos_Aires_Capital_Federal_District.html

El Cuartito

Google Map & Reviews:
TripAdvisor: "

Siamo nel Forno - Palermo Soho

Google Map & Reviews: https://maps.app.goo.gl/zsZCS9v8k8jXWQ9o6

TripAdvisor: https://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaur...no-Buenos_Aires_Capital_Federal_District.html

Los Inmortales - (They have a few locations)

Google Map & Reviews: https://maps.app.goo.gl/S5xtEDLUD8D4zkpy6

TripAdvisor: https://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaur...es-Buenos_Aires_Capital_Federal_District.html

Chui - Villa Crespo

- Lots of vegetarian dishes but they make a very good organic pizza!

Google Map & Reviews: https://maps.app.goo.gl/Hgvi7BdhYyUaFRXM7

TripAdvisor: https://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaur...ui-Buenos_Aires_Capital_Federal_District.html
I tried Guerrin and just didn't like it. I tried another place that I can't remember name but I don't think there is much flavor to pizza in BA. Maybe I try some of these but I didn't like the 2 places I tried.

I love some good Za!

Google Map & Reviews:

TripAdvisor:

I tried a few places. I'm not a big fan of Argentine pizza. I tried a few places. I liked Togni's but still nothing close to American pizza. I will try a few more of these. Thanks for posting.

Back