Explore, connect, thrive in
the expat community

Expat Life: Local Discoveries, Global Connections

Food & Drink Pizza Restaurants in Buenos Aires - What are some of your favorite pizza places in Buenos Aires, Argentina?

VINO

I am a huge lover of pizza. Very few things in life top a glass of vino and a spice of great pizza. I thought I'd start a thread of some of your absolute pizza places in Buenos Aires. I saw a few places mentioned in random threads but I thought it would be a good idea to post everyone's favorite in this master pizza thread.

Many people complain about Argentine pizza. Some say there is too much cheese or not enough sauce. Let's be honest. Is there such a thing as bad pizza?

Here is a list of my favorites!

Pizzeria Guerrin

Google Map & Reviews:

Trip Advisor (Has won Traveler's Choice Award) : https://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaur...in-Buenos_Aires_Capital_Federal_District.html

El Cuartito

Google Map & Reviews:
TripAdvisor: "

Siamo nel Forno - Palermo Soho

Google Map & Reviews: https://maps.app.goo.gl/zsZCS9v8k8jXWQ9o6

TripAdvisor: https://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaur...no-Buenos_Aires_Capital_Federal_District.html

Los Inmortales - (They have a few locations)

Google Map & Reviews: https://maps.app.goo.gl/S5xtEDLUD8D4zkpy6

TripAdvisor: https://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaur...es-Buenos_Aires_Capital_Federal_District.html

Chui - Villa Crespo

- Lots of vegetarian dishes but they make a very good organic pizza!

Google Map & Reviews: https://maps.app.goo.gl/Hgvi7BdhYyUaFRXM7

TripAdvisor: https://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaur...ui-Buenos_Aires_Capital_Federal_District.html

Last edited by a moderator:
I love this thread! Those are some great ones above. My favorite is also Pizzeria Guerrin. That place is an institution. One I go to near my office is this place.

Los 36 Billares

Google Map & Reviews: https://maps.app.goo.gl/1e82Dr7For79Rfkv7

TripAdvisor: https://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaur...es-Buenos_Aires_Capital_Federal_District.html

I prefer very thin crust like in Italy but here it is thicker like most of the pizza places in Buenos Aires. The ingredients are very good quality. I also love the Empanadas here. It is a cool spot that you would probably never find without reading about it. That's why I am mentioning it.

LOVE this thread! Like the helpful one click format for location and reviews. More work to look up for poster but should help members for years and years as long as they don't go out of business. I would recommend to @BuySellBA to delete as places go out of business. I was VERY frustrated during my trip going to a few places that Google Maps said was open but they went out of business!

Pizza Data

Google Map & Reviews:

My review: I loved the dough and crust. I'm not a huge pizza guy but I was in Buenos Aires almost 6 weeks and tried a few places above and were good. I came across this place by chance, I was walking by Parque Las Heras area. I really love that area!

I can't remember the name of the restaurant but if you go upstairs to the top of the food court in the Paseo al Corta shopping mall there is a super nice food court. There is a pizza place there that has really amazing pizza! I was very surprised to see such a nice food court. I went two times during my stay as I had an Airbnb near Palermo Chico. I had pasta one day from a restaurant a few down from the Pizza and it was great too! The food in Buenos Aires is amazing!

I don't know the name of the restaurant but there was only one pizza place and there is a line both times I went.

Here is the location of the shopping mall -

Call me crazy but I am not a big fan of Buenos Aires pizza. I don't really like it. Granted I haven't tried all of these places and maybe I will give it another try. The only place that I really go for pizza is Pioli near my apartment. They have been around forever which is a good sign in Buenos Aires. I have gone to the same location on Libertad for years and years.

I guess now it's a franchise. I didn't know that! Here is their website:

Call me crazy but I am not a big fan of Buenos Aires pizza. I don't really like it. Granted I haven't tried all of these places and maybe I will give it another try. The only place that I really go for pizza is Pioli near my apartment. They have been around forever which is a good sign in Buenos Aires. I have gone to the same location on Libertad for years and years.

I guess now it's a franchise. I didn't know that! Here is their website:

Thank you all for starting this thread and also posting your favorite pizza places. I have tried most but not all of these places so thanks for sharing the knowledge! I will be spending more and more time now in Buenos Aires now that I started up operations there again and also planning on building my own Luxury Residential tower (a 21+ year dream of mine).

I second, Piola. I have been going there for almost 20 years. That place has been around forever! I would walk over there from my apartment on Avenida Alvear and always a good meal. I'm glad to hear it's still around. I haven't been there in a long time.

This is an oldie but a goodie. Beware the portion sizes are HUGE. Share a pizza. I got a Capresse Pizza and even the 2 of us couldn't finish it all!

Banchero Tito

Also, if you're in the Microcentro or near Florida I came across this place too that was really solid. It's called El Palacio de la Pizza.

My favorite is also Pizzeria Guerrin
i waited in line and tried 2 slices. like i said in another thread, for USA folks, you will be happier with a DiGiorno frozen pizza from your local grocery store, than the cheap taste and poor ingredients of Guerrin. i'm super interested to know how other people from the USA think of this place; there's constantly a line, and the pizza is pre-made so you just buy a slice that is sitting out (most people i saw there). i had better pizza at the chain of Imperial, where they reheat each slice that is pre-made. anyone else find Guerrin absolutely cheap-tasting like cafeteria pizza??

i waited in line and tried 2 slices. like i said in another thread, for USA folks, you will be happier with a DiGiorno frozen pizza from your local grocery store, than the cheap taste and poor ingredients of Guerrin. i'm super interested to know how other people from the USA think of this place; there's constantly a line, and the pizza is pre-made so you just buy a slice that is sitting out (most people i saw there). i had better pizza at the chain of Imperial, where they reheat each slice that is pre-made. anyone else find Guerrin absolutely cheap-tasting like cafeteria pizza??
Funny @StatusNomadicus I agree with you. People will probably hate me that like that place. I lived in Buenos Aires for 9 years full-time and have been going there for 22 years and I am not a fan of MOST of the pizza places there in Buenos Aires. But to be honest, I haven't gone to many of these places listed above. After a certain point I just gave up on pizza in Buenos Aires. I love many pizza places in the USA but I just find overall that pizza is much better in the USA. It has more flavor.

I am not a fan of Guerrin. Inevitably when I have friends in town and they want to try it as they read about it on a travel blog or saw it in a magazine or something, but more times than not, they don't like it either. LOL.

I don't get the appeal of that pizza but different strokes for different folks I know. The world would be a VERY boring place if we all loved the same thing.

but different strokes for different folks I know
i'm totally tracking on this, but i don't think it's cultural or taste-bud-genetic stuff, i think it's sadly a lack of options in Argentina for pizza, like you said. if Guerrin has a line for 1200-2000 Pesos per normal slice, it makes me wonder when some entrepreneur will start importing massive shipments of frozen pizzas from somewhere else, that actually tastes good, and show Argentines what flavorful pizza is.

same for coffee; you can hardly find non-Torrado coffee anywhere. has the average person in BsAs ever had a normal cup of coffee without crap burnt beans covered in sugar? it makes me sad, and i want more companies to come here now that the economy is opening-up.

and don't get me started on milk! it shouldn't be in a bag, carton, whatever! it's just reconstituted powdered garbage! i can't believe i can't find normal milk anywhere in CABA in 3 weeks. there are supposedly cows everywhere for their meat, but not for dairy??? and i'll stop at salads, but people seem to think room-temp butterlettuce with mayo is a salad - it is not :p

i'm totally tracking on this, but i don't think it's cultural or taste-bud-genetic stuff, i think it's sadly a lack of options in Argentina for pizza, like you said. if Guerrin has a line for 1200-2000 Pesos per normal slice, it makes me wonder when some entrepreneur will start importing massive shipments of frozen pizzas from somewhere else, that actually tastes good, and show Argentines what flavorful pizza is.

same for coffee; you can hardly find non-Torrado coffee anywhere. has the average person in BsAs ever had a normal cup of coffee without crap burnt beans covered in sugar? it makes me sad, and i want more companies to come here now that the economy is opening-up.

and don't get me started on milk! it shouldn't be in a bag, carton, whatever! it's just reconstituted powdered garbage! i can't believe i can't find normal milk anywhere in CABA in 3 weeks. there are supposedly cows everywhere for their meat, but not for dairy??? and i'll stop at salads, but people seem to think room-temp butterlettuce with mayo is a salad - it is not :p
Yes and yes!!

I don't get it either about the line there but honestly I do think it's cultural. Most Porteños that I talk to think their pizza is the best! I always assure them it is NOT. Go to Chicago, Detroit, NYC or other cities and I much prefer the flavor vs. to me the bland, cheesy mess of Argentine pizza. It sounds like this is changing and more restaurants are coming in.

I've traveled around the world to almost 600 cities. My family and I are traveling about 100 days each and every year. I consider myself a foodie but I just don't like most pizza in Argentina. Not to say I'm right and others are wrong. As mentioned, different strokes for different folks. I LOVE the pizza in Italy. The majority of descendants are originally from Spain and Italy but not sure how Italy's great pizza didn't make it to Argentina!

I just don't think there is much money at all in food/restaurants there. I often times do the math in my head. My best friend, @Lucho and I and his sister, who is an accountant and Economist are #'s people. I started up many different companies in many different countries. I'm also an Operations guy. I can do the math in my head and I'm not honestly sure how many of these restaurants can stay in business. No way they can operate at much of a profit when you factor in rent, utilities, staffing (assuming you're paying 50% in white and 50% in black), taxes, food costs, etc.

One of my American friends started that chain La Fabrica de Tacos in Buenos Aires. It was many years ago when I lived there after the crash. He was telling me the story and although he sold the company, he said there really wasn't much money in it at all.

True story, I was in Tijuana a few weeks ago going to the doctor and I looked across the street and there was one! I saw the huge logo on the sign and I went and ate some tacos (MUCH better than the ones in Buenos Aires). I sent him a text and asked him about it and asked when they started franchising and he said he had no idea. I went to their website and they are in Spain too.

No way in hell I'd ever do a food oriented business anywhere but especially Buenos Aires! That seems like one of the most problematic industries with possible spoilage with food, people getting sick, having to hire employees, having to deal with food costs and a hundred other possible issues!

Coffee is a HUGE profit margin business. Back when I first was in Buenos Aires Starbucks was just entering and I tried like hell to buy a franchise but they weren't selling them when they first entered Argentina. I'm not sure what the status now but coffee markup is crazy high and as you mentioned, most of the coffee there sucks. I'm not a huge coffee drinker but my in-laws are as they are from Colombian and they said very few good coffee places there.

Go to Chicago, Detroit, NYC or other cities
even just go to Peter Piper Pizza (at a nephew's birthday party, or people look at you weird :ROFLMAO:) and the pizza is better than Guerrin...like 10x better.

California Pizza Kitchen in CA, Spinato's or Barro's in AZ, any of these places would render a porteño unconscious from flavor and dough quality (i'm not getting into the NYC/Chicago debate...but west-coast pizza is way better ahahahha). i wish i could teleport a million pizzas here!

good to know on the restaurant margins. i don't have an operations brain, nor would i want to have a business where you could get litigated to death for silly stuff like in the USA (Starbucks paying millions because their cup didn't have a warning, lol)

even just go to Peter Piper Pizza (at a nephew's birthday party, or people look at you weird :ROFLMAO:) and the pizza is better than Guerrin...like 10x better.

California Pizza Kitchen in CA, Spinato's or Barro's in AZ, any of these places would render a porteño unconscious from flavor and dough quality (i'm not getting into the NYC/Chicago debate...but west-coast pizza is way better ahahahha). i wish i could teleport a million pizzas here!

good to know on the restaurant margins. i don't have an operations brain, nor would i want to have a business where you could get litigated to death for silly stuff like in the USA (Starbucks paying millions because their cup didn't have a warning, lol)
Too funny! Yeah, I totally agree with you. I just find that most pizza I've had in Buenos Aires was flavorless and the quality of the dough as you mentioned, isn't good. I also believe that with the poor economy, they cut costs and user lower quality ingredients. Although I LOVE the steak quality in Buenos Aires, I've found with the poor economy the quality has also gone done in MANY restaurants there.

Previously I believe there were more truly grass fed beef and the quality was much higher. But I read a post of yours where you said the quality of La Cabrera was bad. I had a GREAT steak there a few months ago but it used to be better. Besides the high end places like Don Julio which also has a butchery that sells beef, you can get better stuff at the butcher. I believe many restaurants are using lower quality beef now. But it's 100X better than the crap at some steak places in the USA. But the really high end steak places in the USA are very good but you can pay up to $100 USD for a steak! Just insane.

I'm one of the biggest lovers of Buenos Aires restaurants but pizza just never will be at the top of my list there! It's the one thing when I get back from a long stint in Buenos Aires I immediately have a good pizza in the USA. I also just think that the lack of flavors with pizza sauce there causes my disdain as well. Putting lots of cheese and some onions on some mediocre dough isn't my idea of great pizza.

I definitely have an Operations mind. I've owned different companies from healthcare, recruiting, investment, software, consulting and property management and owning a restaurant would make me sick. One of the restaurants near my house just the other day someone died from food poisoning. I'd just hate that business!

Back