Explore, connect, thrive in
the expat community

Expat Life: Local Discoveries, Global Connections

Medical If COVID comes back and mutates into something else will you get another vaccinated against it?

Fingerless

I was just wondering as my family in the USA said that many people are getting sick in NYC with something. It's not COVID but something. I had COVID 19 and it was one of the worst 10 days of my life! I have never been sicker in my life. It felt like a truck hit me and my bones hurt. I had a 107-degree fever. I couldn't get out of bed and was sleeping about 17 hours a day. I literally barely could get up to go to the bathroom. Never felt like that in my life. I wouldn't wish this upon anyone!

I got it in the early days before they had the vaccine. Of course I got the vaccine once it came out and I feel more protected now. I have heard crazy baseless vaccine conspiracy theories about the COVID 19 vaccine. It seems silly to me as this disease killed so many people. They would still be alive if they got the vaccine and if it was available.

This begs the question, would you all get the vaccine if they come out with another one? Or if something else has an outbreak?

The COVID vaccine is like drinking kool-aid at a Charles Manson party.

I got COVID and got better in a week, and now I'm immune. People are dropping dead from heart failure because of the vaccine. Insisting the vaccine is totally safe is really wrong, especially when it has been shown to be harmful in many people. Spreading this idea that the vaccine is totally safe and effective is not good, and I hope there are consequences for those lying to people or forcing groups to get it especially kids that don't have a voice or say in the matter.

People who got the vaccine can still get COVI and some got really sick or dying of sudden heart failures or cancer or other strange illness that they didn't have before and were perfectly healthy.

In case you couldn't tell I will NOT be getting the vaccine!

The COVID vaccine is like drinking kool-aid at a Charles Manson party.

I got COVID and got better in a week, and now I'm immune. People are dropping dead from heart failure because of the vaccine. Insisting the vaccine is totally safe is really wrong, especially when it has been shown to be harmful in many people. Spreading this idea that the vaccine is totally safe and effective is not good, and I hope there are consequences for those lying to people or forcing groups to get it especially kids that don't have a voice or say in the matter.

People who got the vaccine can still get COVI and some got really sick or dying of sudden heart failures or cancer or other strange illness that they didn't have before and were perfectly healthy.

In case you couldn't tell I will NOT be getting the vaccine!
Kool aid at a Charles Manson party? Poison you are comparing it to poison???

Where is the substantiated evidence supporting the existence of a widespread global conspiracy?

Fortunately, the hyperbolic narratives presented by you and other proponents of conspiracy theories serve to reinforce a rational skepticism among discerning individuals. These exaggerated claims, often bordering on fantastical, contribute to a climate where serious inquiry and evidence-based discourse are overshadowed.

Drawing upon the words of the Beatles, "But if you go carrying pictures of Chairman Mao, you ain't gonna make it with anyone anyhow," underscores the importance of a grounded and evidence-driven approach to discussions, recognizing that unsupported assertions diminish the credibility of any argument.

I am here in NYC right now visiting my folks and lots of people have this strange cough. Even my sister. No pain at all but she has this dry cough. Many around town seem to have it. Many, many people.
Yes. My friends in NYC also mentioned this mysterious cough. If you go on Tik Tok you can see many videos people posted about it.

Nope. I am not getting the vaccine. I don't like how they rushed the development of it. I am ok with vaccines that have been tested and gone through a lot of clinical trials and proven to be safe and effective. I am not an anti-vaxxer and believe in many childhood vaccines and others that work well but not taking a chance with a vaccine they rushed development on.

I suspect we all differ on this issue and don't think anyone is right or wrong. People have their own comfort levels with COVID vaccine. If you want one, take one but don't force everyone to take one. I bought a fake card online.

Yes. My friends in NYC also mentioned this mysterious cough. If you go on Tik Tok you can see many videos people posted about it.

Nope. I am not getting the vaccine. I don't like how they rushed the development of it. I am ok with vaccines that have been tested and gone through a lot of clinical trials and proven to be safe and effective. I am not an anti-vaxxer and believe in many childhood vaccines and others that work well but not taking a chance with a vaccine they rushed development on.

I suspect we all differ on this issue and don't think anyone is right or wrong. People have their own comfort levels with COVID vaccine. If you want one, take one but don't force everyone to take one. I bought a fake card online.
I agree that everyone probably feels differently about this. I have lots of friends that developed health issues after. I'm not sure if it's related or not. But enough that I won't take another vaccine and even my own doctor said NOT to get another booster.

I did get 3 covid vaccines. The 2 shot series and a booster but I will NOT get another dose of that or anything else that was rushed out. I didn't get COVID at all before I got vaccinated and I came down with COVID even after being vaccinated. So there is that too.....

I got the vaccine once it came out and I feel more protected now
the mRNA one that gives people myocarditis, or the other untested brands of it?
crazy baseless vaccine conspiracy theories about the COVID 19 vaccine.
tell me you haven't done any research, without actually saying it out loud ;) the mRNA inventor is against the 'vaccine' if that helps you think about the potential harm.
this disease killed so many people
i was a cop during COVID, my chick was an ICU nurse. around the Phoenix area, 6 million people metropolis. i didn't see a lot of dead bodies from disease, when i was doing death investigations (and later when i was a coroner in South Dakota). my girlfriend DID see, however, morbidly-fat people with 4+ co-morbidities, who were told not to come to the hospital until they couldn't breathe (rejection of any early treatment), who died very quickly once Remdesivir was prescribed, and they were put on artificial ventilators. i didn't see a lot of cops or nurses getting the vaccine, and we were given the first slot in line, FYI

They would still be alive if they got the vaccine and if it was available.
Trump's war-speed vaccine that Kamala Harris said she wouldn't take, or Biden's vaccine? (hint, they were the same thing). there's actually no evidence that the 'vaccines' keep you alive; the CDC/FDA/Pfizer have tried forever to say it's 'safe and effective' but that was just propaganda. it was supposed to stop the spread, and now vaccinated people get COVID more often. think it prevented them from dying? it did not. most people, like you, had Natural Immunity already; no need for a vaccine. science didn't change in 2021, despite the federal government changing definitions and requirements for Emergency Approval. remember when they said Ivermectin was "horse dewormer paste"? i do!!

begs the question
not sure if intentional, but if you meant 'raising the question' then you used the wrong phrase. funnily enough, asserting the conclusion that you will get the new vaccine, no matter what, because TV Man told you to, is actually Begging the Question when it comes to logical fallacies ;) https://www.grammarly.com/blog/circular-argument-fallacy/

the Lefty obsession with "THE NEXT PANDEMIC" is so strange. it's like so many people's entire identities became COVID that now that it's over, there's nothing else but waiting for it again. just like Trump Derangement Syndrome.

I thought people need it to come to Argentina?
lol, i am here and i am super unvaccinated! no fuckin' way would i ever go somewhere that requires a medical treatment. WTF? you hate freedom that much?

as @Swowbird said, there are bad bad side effects. my dad can barely move his thumb on the injected arm. he didn't listen to me. his doc can't explain the sudden arthritis. many of these "Turbo Cancers" we see now are linked, and people are trying to make it seem like that's a normal part of life. 20-y-o athletes getting turbo cancer. newp, not normal!

and @Fingerless dude you really really need to turn-off the Fox and CNN ... they are literally paid by Pfizer. look at their advertisement revenue! have you been under a rock, not seeing all the celebrities and athletes dying suddenly for years??

what they are trying to call "Long COVID" is likely vaccine injuries. people get sick, and stay slightly sick, thinking it is a new strain. i tested positive for COVID in 2020 and it was like having an annoying 3-day Flu, and then i never got it again. some of my buddy's got body aches or lost taste senses or smell, but not for me. just sniffles. i went to work because my boss said 'if you don't take a test, you can't be positive' ahahahah. no one cared in SD.

for those who aren't excited to inject untested genetic material into their bodies. follow this doc on twitter for some good research:

Last edited:
I know people that are very divided on this issue. I agree no right or wrong answers and people have their own opinions. My family and I were traveling all around the world during much of the pandemic except for the first several months when many places were closed down completely. It was the first time in 20+ years that I didn't come to Argentina during the lockdown as I didn't want to get stuck there and totally disagreed with the brutal lockdown of it's citizens. I got my mother-in-law out of one of the last flights in the early days.

I got 2 shots and a booster shot but I certainly won't get any more doses. We had to get the shots to travel around to most of the world. Especially in Asia. My kids were required to get the vaccine or they couldn't go to school. I can't say I regretted getting it with the limited knowledge that I had back then. Fortunately none of my family members have had issues but we know people that have developed health issues and those symptoms seem suspicious with the vaccine. But I don't know for sure.

In retrospect, traveling during COVID and right after was one of the best times to travel. We went to amazing places including 7 countries in Asia. We got to walk through Siam Reap and Angkor Wat with almost no one there. I'm not sure we will ever get to experience something like that again.

I know people that are very divided on this issue. I agree no right or wrong answers and people have their own opinions. My family and I were traveling all around the world during much of the pandemic except for the first several months when many places were closed down completely. It was the first time in 20+ years that I didn't come to Argentina during the lockdown as I didn't want to get stuck there and totally disagreed with the brutal lockdown of it's citizens. I got my mother-in-law out of one of the last flights in the early days.

I got 2 shots and a booster shot but I certainly won't get any more doses. We had to get the shots to travel around to most of the world. Especially in Asia. My kids were required to get the vaccine or they couldn't go to school. I can't say I regretted getting it with the limited knowledge that I had back then. Fortunately none of my family members have had issues but we know people that have developed health issues and those symptoms seem suspicious with the vaccine. But I don't know for sure.

In retrospect, traveling during COVID and right after was one of the best times to travel. We went to amazing places including 7 countries in Asia. We got to walk through Siam Reap and Angkor Wat with almost no one there. I'm not sure we will ever get to experience something like that again.
Agreed. Same here. I got the initial doses and booster but won't get any other shots.

At least COVID cases are down.

For those that want to get vaccinated in BA:

You can sign up to get one close to where you live. You can check it here

My closest location is Gurruchaga 1939. That is where I am going.
I actually went today. Thanks for posting that helpful link of where to go! I got the Moderna booster. :)

Oh, by the way, my doorman, who's this charming anti-vaxxer I really get along with, is now down with COVID. I feel bad for her as she is bad in bed. She used to flood my inbox with these entertaining rants from all the vaccine skeptics and charlatans on YouTube. Life's got a sense of humor, doesn't it?

I actually went today. Thanks for posting that helpful link of where to go! I got the Moderna booster. :)

Oh, by the way, my doorman, who's this charming anti-vaxxer I really get along with, is now down with COVID. I feel bad for her as she is bad in bed. She used to flood my inbox with these entertaining rants from all the vaccine skeptics and charlatans on YouTube. Life's got a sense of humor, doesn't it?
At this juncture, given the virus's recent mutation towards increased transmissibility and reduced severity, the likelihood of severe consequences for her appears diminished.

Anticipate that upon her recovery, she may assert her triumph over COVID sans vaccination, attributing her resilience to a robust immune system. This narrative may reinforce her conviction in the perceived falsity of the pandemic. Such sentiments, however, bear the weight of insensitivity, akin to a posthumous dance on the graves of those who succumbed to the virus in the absence of available vaccines throughout 2020. Furthermore, it may be perceived as a disregard for the emotional distress experienced by the families of the pandemic's victims, implying a lack of empathy in light of her own survival.

COVID cases are down.
because almost everyone has natural immunity after these years...not because of lockdowns, masks, or 'vaccines' ;) there's a lot of "science" from the past decades that is now rejected - vegetable/seed oils, 72 vaccines for children including some for STDs, chemical-filled synthetic supplements and sugar-free chemicals, etc.

I'm going to get a booster next week.
of course you are!

The vaccine has proven to work. People need to follow science.
so you didn't read anything, at all, and if someone with a white coat tells you to get your 17th booster, you'll do it unhesitatingly. unfortunately, this is Darwinism. did you 'follow the science' when looters were allowed to assemble, but backyard churches were illegal?

https://twitter.com/karma44921039/status/1745067342000722078

my doorman, who's this charming anti-vaxxer I really get along with, is now down with COVID. I feel bad for her as she is bad in bed.
she probably has the flu. i had the same thing... a little cold a few days ago that was annoying (i still did my running workouts, but it was less enjoyable). she's not "down" with anything; humans get viruses all year long and the body updates its immune system software accordingly. i know this is new to you, but this has happened for thousands of years. the same virus going around BsAs gave my girlfriend a 1-day headache and gave me minor flu symptoms. highly unlikely it's COVID, and you have no proof, and you wouldn't be persuaded either way, because of course in your fantasy world an 'anti-vaxxer' (whatever that means) is sick because something-something-you-were-right-duh

remember that they stopped testing for the Flu, but it was around and COVID cases were erroneously labeled instead of the actual Influenza it was:

she may assert her triumph over COVID sans vaccination, attributing her resilience to a robust immune system
dude...it's called Natural Immunity. it's been around for a long time. that doorman has 99% already had COVID and has natural immunity. it's a seasonal cold/flu just like any other year. i just had it 4 days ago.

dance on the graves of those who succumbed to the virus in the absence of available vaccines throughout 2020
the experimental (not tested) mRNA 'vaccines' for COVID do not confer immunity. Pfizer and Moderna shot recipients, highly recommend you listen to this, since there's more evidence that they make you more susceptible to disease:

BMJ about COVID and Flu studies in Oct2020: "the science remains far from clear cut, even for influenza vaccines that have been used for decades. Although randomised trials have shown an effect in reducing the risk of symptomatic influenza, such trials have never been conducted in elderly people living in the community to see whether they save lives. Only two placebo controlled trials in this population have ever been conducted, and neither was designed to detect any difference in hospital admissions or deaths. Moreover, dramatic increases in use of influenza vaccines has not been associated with a decline in mortality" https://www.bmj.com/content/371/bmj.m4037

Malone mRNA inventor:

McCullough top cardiologist and Early Treatment Protocol author:

Fifth Booster doesn't confer cellular immunity:

anyone who says 'the science is settled' is a moron; that's not how "Science" works unless you listen to Doctor TheScience Fauci

nah, you just suck at reading @Avocado as usual. i just said i wasn't sick; it was a couple days of annoying virus sneezing symptoms. why would i go to a doctor for something that wasn't critical, happens when my body is building immunity to new pathogens, and is already completely cured with no treatment needed?

if this is a 'mentally sick' claim, as your communist mentality tries to do, again: this isn't how adults discuss things. if you have some information that disproves my claims or evidence, post them here. responding with 'no you're wrong and i'm right' isn't helping anyone here. i am both not physically sick, nor have any sort of mental/psychological 'illness.' Peronism is a mental illness, though, if you consider that it is just Argentine Fascism where the State is the most important part of life (and the Great Leader must be followed at all costs, to solve all problems). but as usual, you won't respond to anything, and you'll just reply something like 'you are wrong' - prove me wrong, buddy.

Back