Explore, connect, thrive in
the expat community

Expat Life: Local Discoveries, Global Connections

Politics Thread: President Javier Milei - Decree of Necessity and Urgency (DNU) in real-time

Nice to hear politicians that actually talk of lowering taxes.

The people paying the tax are the poor. Look at the prices of subway and bus increase. All the prices go up. This "tax" go way up.

Read this article. Like it say. People are hungry!

Pretty good video interview with Patricia Bullrich. I see she speaks English. Does anyone know if President Milei speaks English? I assume he doesn't as every interview is in Spanish with him.

Never thought I'd agree with anything from the IMF but they are correct. Nay hay Comida!

I had to do a double take when I read the headline of this article on Milei.

Milei threatens to pee on all of Argentina's governors and shut down Congress​

I had to do a double take when I read the headline of this article on Milei.

Milei threatens to pee on all of Argentina's governors and shut down Congress​

It seems like to me people are willing to give him a chance.

It seems like to me people are willing to give him a chance.

Get out of Palermo or Recoleta or Belgrano. Go see non tourist areas and you will see that I think this time will be worse than after corralito. All the comedores are running out of food. People stop donating as they are can't pay their own bills. Butchers all stop donating.
Read this.

Milei get caught red handed. He say no raises for congress or senate and then he raise his 48%. Ha. What a joke. All these politicians all the same.

Milei get caught red handed. He say no raises for congress or senate and then he raise his 48%. Ha. What a joke. All these politicians all the same.

This is false news, my dear friend. The increase was made because of an automatic mechanism made by a law passed by the last government. This automatic mechganis has now been rescinded, and the increase has been deleted - they are earning the same cash as before.

This is false news, my dear friend. The increase was made because of an automatic mechanism made by a law passed by the last government. This automatic mechganis has now been rescinded, and the increase has been deleted - they are earning the same cash as before.
Yes I see they rescinded it which is good. I'm not sure why he would sign in the first place about the raises. It funny how he try to blame Kirchner for him getting 48% raise that he signed for on decree.

Milei is liar. He got caught and then tried to blame CFK.

Milei Ladron.jpg

Yes I see they rescinded it which is good. I'm not sure why he would sign in the first place about the raises. It funny how he try to blame Kirchner for him getting 48% raise that he signed for on decree.
CFK drew up a clause in the law which made pay rises automatic.

Sorry @Avocado, CFK is to blame. She is just denying the truth. Her DECREE of 14 years ago overrules both the 2024 decrees.
I agree but I don't think it's a good idea to sling in the mud with CFK on Twitter. It is interesting to see CFK fighting with Milei on Twitter. This is going to be an interesting year.

The Senate is being foolish in overturning the change in the rental law. Milei's new rental law was fixing the long-term market but it looks like if it goes back to before, owners will take their properties off the market again.

Back