Explore, connect, thrive in
the expat community

Expat Life: Local Discoveries, Global Connections

Politics Thread: President Javier Milei - Decree of Necessity and Urgency (DNU) in real-time

I saw this in the other thread and it was on the topic of DNU's. Too many posts in this section seem to be just ranting about President Milei.

I believe this thread is very educational as you can follow just about everything going on with Milei whether you are pro or con Milei.

It seems like depending on who is the author of the article shows you if Milei is doing good or bad for Argentina. Here is one I read today.

Everyone outside of Argentina seems to be jumping on the Milei bandwagon. I even read how RFK Jr. is going to follow Milei's lead. I didn't even know RFK Jr. was running for President of the USA.

It is clear to me that there are some on this forum that are anti-Milei and it seems like far more pro-Milei. For those that are anti-Milei that is fine but people need to be realistic and see how things will turn out. This can't be done in only 3 months. This most likely will take a few years to see if his changes are going to work out. Change needs time to see the results. Anyone that expects it to happen within a few months is not realistic.

His approval ratings still seem high. Argentina was a mess when he took over and probably will be a mess for quite some time. Inflation looks like it IS slowing down.

It is clear to me that there are some on this forum that are anti-Milei and it seems like far more pro-Milei. For those that are anti-Milei that is fine but people need to be realistic and see how things will turn out. This can't be done in only 3 months. This most likely will take a few years to see if his changes are going to work out. Change needs time to see the results. Anyone that expects it to happen within a few months is not realistic.

His approval ratings still seem high. Argentina was a mess when he took over and probably will be a mess for quite some time. Inflation looks like it IS slowing down.
I completely agree. People need to be patient and wait and see how things turn out. Also, one can argue that if things do not work out it is because the Peronistas did not allow President Milei to do all of the necessary changes that he proposed.

I don't live in Buenos Aires and have only been there one time but I have been watching things from here in the USA and reading up on all the news articles. It seems like President Milei has been doing a great job so far. I am in the banking sector and a bank executive so I can tell you that these things take time and you must be patient. But seeing a budget surplus last month was impressive.

Very well-done speech. Bravo President Milei.
I listened to the speech and I agree it was good. So far, President Milei's popularity seems to be strong. People seem to be willing to give him by the end of this year to see how things work out. This was a great article.

It looks like Milei followed up on his promise to close down Telam which he accused of being CFK's propaganda machine. The speed at which he and his team are moving is remarkable.

Back