Explore, connect, thrive in
the expat community

Expat Life: Local Discoveries, Global Connections

Has anyone applied and been approved for the Rentista visa?

Rentista update 26Apr2024: you almost certainly will need a Public Accountant (Contador Publico) to write a certification/verification letter for the Rensista process, at least in Cordoba Province. 2 things the Supervisor there was very concerned about me proving:

1. that the money is "Fixed" (fijo) and will last 1-2 years.
2. that the CPA you hire for $100 USD or so will calculate your monthly income in Pesos from Dollars, and give their word that the amount is greater than the monthly minimum wage x 5.

basically, it's a lie, because no one can guarantee anything is Fixed, other than maybe a Pension/Retirement. rental properties, savings account, interest dividends, etc. - all of these can be changed in a day, but Migraciones really is scrutinizing the Rentista. this is strange, because many of the lawyers i consulted said Rentista was easier for them, because it's much less common than the thousands of Student Residencies, etc. that most people apply for. and there isn't a lot of people who are willing to show Argentina that they are making money, since Argentina taxes are so spooky and dangerous to declare income to.

but, it's a lie you need to pay a hundred bucks for, on top of the apostilles, legalization, translation, etc. so they can be more likely to approve a Precaria so you can get a 1-year Temporary Residency.

question for anyone who has done a RADEX submission recently (past month or so) - any idea what the current wait is, in-between submitting cellphone photos/docs on RADEX, and the initial Residencia appointment at Migraciones?

in Cordoba, my RADEX submission took about a week to process, then i got a 9-day Precaria to last me until my initial appointment at Migraciones (where you get fingerprinted, take a photo, and they scan/read all your Original documents).

just wondering if CABA is sitting at a similar wait period, or it's way behind or way faster. anyone remember or have a calendar/note of how long their temporary Precaria lasted?

-------------------------

(this temporary Precaria, or Precaria-Precaria, was titled "Certificado Electrónico de Residencia Precaria" and used the photo i uploaded to RADEX). the text of the duration said:

"La persona titular del presente certificado se encuentra tramitando su residencia en la República Argentina. Conforme el artículo 20 de la Ley 25.871, queda habilitada para alojarse, estudiar, salir y entrar del/al Territorio Nacional desde el __/__/2024 y hasta el __/__/2024
SI se encuentra habilitada para desempeñar tareas remuneradas. La presente carece de valor legal si no se acompaña el Documento de Identidad consignado
."

("The person on this certificate is processing their residence in Argentina. In accordance with article 20 of Law 25,871, they are are authorized to stay, study, leave, and enter the National Territory from __/__/2024 and until __/__/2024
IF [yes?] they are authorized to perform paid tasks. This document has no legal value if the provided Identity Document is not attached.")

thanks! not sure if anyone is doing Residency still @Canada Goose @Darksider415 @NikDJ @Spend Thrift @Digital Nomad @ErnanEh

just overstay and pay
true, if you don't intend to get citizenship, this should work for now. i don't want to sit in front of a judge in 2 years and when they ask me why i violated immigration law, my only excuse is 'well people on the internet told me it was fine' (i want that passport)

@Canada Goose super sorry to hear; i will likely be back in Buenos Aires in July (currently in Cordoba Province), so if you need anything related to your apartment/etc. plans, tag me here. happy to help mang. take care of your fam, and see ya when you're back

true, if you don't intend to get citizenship, this should work for now. i don't want to sit in front of a judge in 2 years and when they ask me why i violated immigration law, my only excuse is 'well people on the internet told me it was fine' (i want that passport)

@Canada Goose super sorry to hear; i will likely be back in Buenos Aires in July (currently in Cordoba Province), so if you need anything related to your apartment/etc. plans, tag me here. happy to help mang. take care of your fam, and see ya when you're back
Just out of my curiosity, why do you want an Argentine passport so badly? Is it just to have another passport outside of your home country?

Based on what many friends have told me and my experiences buying real estate there many years ago, it's just about impossible to do everything legally in Argentina. Hopefully things change but I am told that overstaying is not an issue as it pertains to residency. I have many friends that overstayed and then applied for DNI's and only a few went on to get their passport. I don't know how easy that is and it could change in the future. But most judges probably realize how difficult the system there is to do everything legally all the time.

have another passport
yes, but the reasons are more than just convenience! happy to share some links, if you're the reading type (or anyone else). being mostly Expats on this forum, sometimes i forget that not every has been exposed to the same info:

1. https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/advantages-holding-second-passport-residence-denzil-alachia-ke0qf

2. https://internationalliving.com/category/second-passport/

3. https://nomadcapitalist.com/global-citizen/second-passport/western-countries-second-passport/

4. https://nomadcapitalist.com/second-passport/

5. https://internationalman.com/articles/second-passports/

6. https://internationalman.com/articles/doug-casey-on-second-passports/

7. https://www.schiffsovereign.com/second-citizenship/do-you-really-need-a-second-passport-147914/

8. Snowden's passport revoked for being a whistleblower, under the erroneous use of the Espionage Act: https://www.reuters.com/article/idUSL2N0EZ055/

9. Long read, but it's a legal analysis of passport revocations and the politics/law behind all of it (skim it the first time) https://cnrs.hal.science/hal-03961388/document

as a quick summary, i was a faithful subject of the US Empire all my life, and never asked questions, even in Afghanistan. later, in the Obama era, i started noticing some strange coincidences, like how the US military bases in Afghan were conveniently near oil pipelines. and then in Iraq when i did some contract work there, i saw a billion dollars of tanks and equipment being sold to the Iraqi military, and i never could find it in the news or State Dept reporting. i wondered if it was public information, hidden well, no one cared that immediately afterward ISIS had control of similar equipment, and then Edward Snowden happened.

the Obama administration had to admit to illegal spying on Americans, changed the intelligence community's procedures, DNI head James Clapper lied to Congress under oath, and then i watched the Snowden CitizenFour documentary with Glenn Greenwald and started listening to some anti-war folks like Ron Paul, Tom Woods, Joe Rogan, etc.

concurrently, i started taking 400-600-level History classes, and noticing that the CIA was involved in almost every regime-change/coup instance since post-WW2, from 1950s Korea, to the Cold War South America backing of dictators, and now to 2014 Ukraine (overthrowing a democratically-elected leader). i watched the 13 Hours movie and learned about Benghazi and how Hillary Clinton let some good dudes die unnecessarily; guys who resembled some of my former mentors in life/work. then i watched Libya, post-Gadhafi, become complete chaos, just like Afghan after the Talban (now they're even stronger), Iraq after Saddam, etc. - and on top of that, Trump bombed Syria and wanted to overthrow Assad and do the same things, until he met resistance.

i worry that someday i will have views/politics that make me a risk, so just like financially, i want to hedge my life politically/geographically. also, i'm sick of bombing kids/civilians around the world, from Somalia to South Sudan, and always messing around in the Middle East. i don't want to contribute tax dollars to genocide like Biden's Gaza, so i'm 'voting with my Dollar' and not producing taxable income in the USA (and i'm certainly not going to report foreign income to the IRS - how that hasn't been ruled unconstitutional by the Supreme Court in the past decades just shows how much of a joke they are).

i went to an entrepreneurship/networking camp about 10 years ago in Lithuania, and met "Sovereign Man" who is now publicly open about his identity, James Hickman. he just merged his business with Peter Schiff, to make SchiffSovereign. Hickman "Simon Black" was an Army intelligence officer during the Iraq Invasion who saw firsthand how the Generals lied, and Congress voted for, taking 'weapons of mass destruction' away from Saddam. the forces were not prepared for any of these WMDs, nor did low- and mid-level Officers know about any of this. that was Simon Black/James Hickman's breaking point. what would yours be?

at some point, i asked myself the "are we the baddies?" question, and after living out of the USA for 10-15 years, i just don't want to associate with the domestic politics (which creepy 80-year-old warmonger are you voting for in November?) nor the international relations. if Edward Snowden had a Brazilian passport as well, he likely would not have gotten his flights cancelled, nor extradited. he got lucky and now has Russian citizenship/passport, but he also has to stay quiet about the politics in his new country. and it's likely he'll never be able to go near a NATO border again, because the USA would snatch his ass up and let him die in prison without a jury trial.

look at Julian Assange's fate. he's been rotting in prison for 5 years, and most likely will get extradited to the USA and never see sunlight again. and probably get Epstein'd when all the cameras are magically offline. https://www.theguardian.com/media/2...eaks-video-that-exposed-us-war-crimes-in-iraq

Assange and WikiLeaks essentially ended the Iraq War early. similar to how Snowden caused the NSA to stop spying on us (i'm sure they're back at it). Kim Dotcom has a fascinating story about how he became a political enemy of Hollywood's lobbying groups, and ended up getting his life ruined, even though he's never been to the USA. https://kim.com/whitepaper.pdf

i can't be part of this. if the USA decentralizes to State's Rights again someday, i'll come back. if something like the Free State Project in NH succeeds or TEXIT happens and Texas secedes without getting the old Civil War murder treatment, i'll check it out. but i just want to be left the f*ck alone, so i can live a peaceful life and try to make positive change in whatever community i am living in. because of this, i am convinced having a second passport and some sort of residency/citizenship just lets you not have all your eggs in one national basket. if i stop paying US taxes as a US citizen, then i'll get my house raided by the IRS, my dog will probably be killed, and i'll do prison time and be on some sort of terror watch list and no-fly list forever. so as much as i appreciate the people like Snowden, Assange, and Dotcom who risk everything, i am refusing to pay US taxes in a different way. and on top of that, i just don't think being in the USA is good for me where 80% of the population is too enthralled by the News to realize that an experimental genetic 'vaccine' is a horrible idea with no long-term studies. and then people still voted for Hillary? people still voted for Biden? people still are going to vote for Trump, after seeing him spend more than Obama? i know dozens of intelligent people who aren't these textbook brainwashed people 'vote for the lesser of two evils' nonsense, but at some point in the decline of Rome, it was smarter to just leave the empire rather than try to survive and fix it from within. we don't know if there will be a massive terror 9/11 attack before the election, now that military-aged males have been flooding our borders for years

and we don't know what further erosions of our Natural Rights will occur. but it just doesn't look like the National Debt is sustainable, and a Dollar collapse or impending housing/commercial real estate/stock market crash isn't going to be a peaceful event, given how crazy the looting/rioting was in 2014 onward, and the chaos of COVID when nothing actually happened more than a seasonal flu (yet people were fighting over toilet paper). imagine if something bad actually happened, and there were power-grid outages, and people in cities didn't have food and running water. i'd rather be living somewhere else, so i've been trying to get a second passport for a few years now.

other areas other than Argentina to research where i haven't been yet, are: Paraguay, Uruguay, Croatia, Bosnia, Poland, Austria, Slovakia. i love the Czech Republic and wish they had a better residency system...but they're also in Europe, and you could argue that the EU and nearby areas are going to have similar problems with Islamist 'migrants' - just look at Sweden's no-go Sharia Law zones. i couldn't believe there were entire neighborhoods in Stockholm where the police don't go (and i was told not to go past a certain street). the Muslim-man-on-Swedish-female rape reporting has been suppressed, if you talk to anyone in Sweden. it's so fucked-up. https://www.frontpagemag.com/sweden-may-use-army-to-fight-muslim-gangs/

and London? Sharia Law patrols? is this real life?

Argentina is looking pretty good for the 2020s and 2030s.

I am told that overstaying is not an issue as it pertains to residency.
got any links for that?

continuing on with the RADEX process in getting a Precaria:

1. https://radex.dnm.gov.ar/ reroutes to where you click the first button to get to
2. getting from Paso1 to Paso2 was the hardest for me, weirdly enough! you need to pay 6000 Pesos with Cash or Credit Card on https://pagos.dnm.gov.ar/tramite_online/index/index.php by registering an email address and password for the "Pagos" or Payments Step1 site. why this can't all be on the same site, no one knows.

3. once you verify your email and are all registered on the Pagos page, you can input all your info and request a Residency (i did Rentista). when it's all done and you get to the "Finalizar Orden" part, that button is supposed to keep a browser tab open on Pagos.DNM.gov.ar (note it's GOV like the USA's domains, not "GOB" like most Argentine government sites), while opening a payment page on NPS.com

4. this is the silly part - you pay on NPS.com with a credit or debit card, but it never re-routes you back to the Migraciones Pagos page. it shows "payment approved" (La transacción del organismo DIRECCIÓN NACIONAL DE MIGRACIONES fue APROBADA) - but then the tab doesn't work on Pagos, so it has an error and then the Credit Card button disappears, and only the Efectivo button remains. now you're stuck for days/weeks, and Support can't help.

5. you then get an email from ProvinciaPagos with your "ticket"/receipt showing you paid 6000 Pesos ($7 USD) with card, with a confirmation code and all that. many days later, when you're wondering where your PDF attachments are for Step2, you re-try another card on your Pagos account, but it's broken in different ways; either the Tarjeta De Crédito button is still missing, or you go in an remove your information and re-submit, make another payment this time on your smartphone or another browser/computer, but the same thing happens.

i don't know how i got mine to work. i paid 2-3 times the 6000 Pesos and after a couple weeks, my account suddenly was different when i logged-in, and i got a new email from Migraciones with Step2 steps and PDFs to do the next parts! that being said, i just did this and am currently helping my girlfriend with the same process (different form of Rentista, but same process overall), and we've tried iPhone Safari, mobile mode, desktop mode, Chrome phone browser on 2 different iPhone models with different software versions, Edge browser on Windows 10, Chrome and Safari browser on Mac, pop-ups allowed globally, reduced privacy protections, VPN on and off, and using cellular T-Mobile a well as Movistar cell network. nothing seems to work. perhaps it's just a time thing??

the aggravating part is not knowing when we have other stuff that we could be doing in the meantime (and her tourist visa is expiring in a week-ish). did the payment work? her banks say so. is it just a website glitch? well, contacting Migraciones just means they send you an email that doesn't answer your question, and you have to change email addresses to be able to message them more than 1x every 48 hours. https://www.migraciones.gov.ar/contacto/ responds within a business day, but never answers anything and only says 'you need to pay to get past Step1' - yeah dude, i understand, which is why i wrote a 600-character question about why it's saying i haven't paid, and here are my transaction proof codes!

this is the email you will get, every time, no matter what you write them about this possible website-to-website error:

"Hello _________, We thank you for contacting us this way and we hope that the answer to your question will be useful to you. Step 1 of the procedure is incomplete, the method of payment for the tickets needs to be selected. You must enter step 1 registered user, you will see an incomplete order, enter the order, select the payment method for the missing receipts, then they will arrive in your email to pay for them. After paying them within 5 business days, you will receive the credential to carry out step 2 of the procedure, where you upload the documentation, finalize it and obtain your appointment. Do not reply to this message as the sender is an autobox. If you have a new concern or query, do not hesitate to write to us at our Single Contact Channel and we will respond as soon as possible."
(Hola ________________, Te agradecemos por ponerte en contacto por esta vía y esperamos que la respuesta a tu consulta te sea de utilidad. Está incompleto el paso 1 del trámite, falta seleccionar el medio de pago de las boletas. Debe ingresar a paso 1 usuario registrado, le va a figurar orden incompleta, ingresa a la orden, selecciona el medio de pago de las boletas faltantes, luego le llegaran a su mail para abonarlas. Después de abonarlas dentro de los 5 días hábiles le llegara la credencial para realizar el paso 2 del trámite, donde carga la documentación finaliza la misma y obtiene su cita. No respondas a este mensaje ya que el remitente es una casilla automática. En caso de tuvieras una nueva inquietud o consulta no dudes en escribirnos a nuestro Canal Único de Contacto y te contestaremos a la brevedad.)

it makes me wonder if just clicking "Cash" and paying the 6000 Pesos at BNA/Banco Nación would have been quicker overall, although the website says paying with a card will be instant, whereas Cash takes 5 days or so. maybe someone with a little more time can try this on their RADEX journey and update here.

timeline for my successful appointment (pre-Precaria) was:
  • 16Mar i paid RADEX 6000 Pesos in the morning with a card (laptop, Chrome browser, credit card). no email back other than a receipt.
  • 17Mar i contacted Support, them asking WTF?
  • 18Mar Migraciones emailed me back, saying i hadn't paid (i did).
  • 03Apr still nothing. bank posted the payment was confirmed. nothing in email, or Spam, and the Support channel was useless. so, i paid a second 6000 Pesos with a card (phone, Safari, debit card). then messaged Support asking to check if this one worked.
  • 04Apr Migraciones emailed me again, saying i still hadn't paid (i did, twice now).
  • 05Apr 07:30 Migraciones emailed me back again, saying i needed to pay Step1 to get my Recidivism invoice (see a trend here? they have no clue).
  • 05Apr 10:20 i went to pay a 3rd time, and suddenly my account on Pagos.DNM was different, with a new message and a big green checkmark (the spinning icon went away) "Finalizó correctamente el Paso 1 de registro y pago. Dentro de 5 días hábiles de efectuado el pago, cada solicitante de radicación recibirá en su respectiva casilla de correo electrónico el Usuario y Clave que le permitirá avanzar al Paso 2 para cargar la solicitud de trámite. (En caso de no recibirlaen el plazo indicado envíe un mensaje adireccion.radicaciones@migraciones.gov.ar) - Nota: Concluido el Paso 2, recibirá un mail para fijar una cita para tomarle las huellas digitales y la foto que llevará su DNI, así como también exhibir la documentación original que escaneó al inicio del trámite. Enesta ocasión, le entregarán una Autorizaciónde Residencia Precaria hasta tanto reciba elDNI en su domicilio" (attached screenshot).
  • 05Apr 10:30 i had an email with Boletas de Pago. go get the Reincidencias page printed (the other PDF is just a receipt for your 6000 Pesos) and take it to a Post Office Correo Argentino to pay 4800 Pesos ($5 USD) in cash. you have five days to do this part!!! (supposedly). while you're out, get a police certificate for your address (Declaración Jurada in Cordoba Province or Certificado De Domicilio in BsAs) for free at a police substation.
  • 05Apr 10:40 i had a "Credencial" emailed to me with my email address as username, and an assigned password, with the link https://radex.dnm.gov.ar/pretramite/ to log-in and upload photos from my phone for a Precaria.
  • once your RENAPER 4800 Pesos payment clears in a few business days, you upload all the required stuff on your cellphone as photos (FBI report, Apostille page, supporting documentation, Apostille page of that, police Declaración Jurada / Certificado De Domicilio, photo of yourself that will appear on your pre-Precaria, and photo of your passport (both pages signature and photo/data) similar to the requirements for a Residencia Temporaria renewal from the old forum:
  • then once everything is uploaded to RADEX, you get an email with a Certificado Electrónico de Residencia Precaria (which i'll just call a pre-Precaria) that lasts until the day of your cita/appointment physically at Migraciones. mine was a 9-day duration, and my photo selfie was upside-down. i don't know if this pre-Precaria could be used for a CDI, bank account, etc. like a 90-day actual Precaria can be, but it would be worth trying. it has a Numero De Expediente that you will use again, so write it down and take a photo of it.
  • next, get all your documents translated in that 9-day period (hopefully you have longer, or you did this already) ... FBI and Apostille, supporting/bank documentation and Apostille. you pay per word/page a Certified Public Translator and Legalized at the college (i paid about $200 USD total, but quotes were 300-700 bucks).
  • 24Apr my appointment at Migraciones occurred from about 08:45-12:30 as i documented in another post. i had to come back with a Public Accountant statement, which cost about $120 USD total.
  • 02May returned in-person to Migraciones as instructed by the employee in Cordoba, without an appointment, showed her i did everything i could, she liked the Accountant's attestation (which is completely unprovable that the income is fixed, of course), and after a couple hours i got a full Precaria to last 90 days. i understand this can be renewed 10 days prior to its expiration (online i suppose, so i'll document that later if needed). she gave me the printed Precaria with another page of instructions to open a bank account and get a Constancia (account opening proof), which i did at Banco Nacional Argentina/BNA which took about 3 hours.
  • i uploaded the Constancia to https://www.migraciones.gov.ar/accesible/consultaTramitePrecaria/ConsultaUnificada.php using my Numero de Expediente and date of birth. it had a button asking for documents, which i uploaded the Constancia as a PDF and the button went away and now the status is "pending web documentation" or something. i might have to sign a form and bring it in-person...not sure. but they are supposedly posting updates on that site that you need to manually check and stay on top of.
--------------------------
hope this helps someone else, and if anyone knows how to beat the glitch between Pagos.DNM and NPS.com please share!!!

Attachments

• radex.jpg
    radex.jpg
    98 KB · Views: 2
continuing on with the RADEX process in getting a Precaria:

1. https://radex.dnm.gov.ar/ reroutes to where you click the first button to get to
2. getting from Paso1 to Paso2 was the hardest for me, weirdly enough! you need to pay 6000 Pesos with Cash or Credit Card on https://pagos.dnm.gov.ar/tramite_online/index/index.php by registering an email address and password for the "Pagos" or Payments Step1 site. why this can't all be on the same site, no one knows.

3. once you verify your email and are all registered on the Pagos page, you can input all your info and request a Residency (i did Rentista). when it's all done and you get to the "Finalizar Orden" part, that button is supposed to keep a browser tab open on Pagos.DNM.gov.ar (note it's GOV like the USA's domains, not "GOB" like most Argentine government sites), while opening a payment page on NPS.com

4. this is the silly part - you pay on NPS.com with a credit or debit card, but it never re-routes you back to the Migraciones Pagos page. it shows "payment approved" (La transacción del organismo DIRECCIÓN NACIONAL DE MIGRACIONES fue APROBADA) - but then the tab doesn't work on Pagos, so it has an error and then the Credit Card button disappears, and only the Efectivo button remains. now you're stuck for days/weeks, and Support can't help.

5. you then get an email from ProvinciaPagos with your "ticket"/receipt showing you paid 6000 Pesos ($7 USD) with card, with a confirmation code and all that. many days later, when you're wondering where your PDF attachments are for Step2, you re-try another card on your Pagos account, but it's broken in different ways; either the Tarjeta De Crédito button is still missing, or you go in an remove your information and re-submit, make another payment this time on your smartphone or another browser/computer, but the same thing happens.

i don't know how i got mine to work. i paid 2-3 times the 6000 Pesos and after a couple weeks, my account suddenly was different when i logged-in, and i got a new email from Migraciones with Step2 steps and PDFs to do the next parts! that being said, i just did this and am currently helping my girlfriend with the same process (different form of Rentista, but same process overall), and we've tried iPhone Safari, mobile mode, desktop mode, Chrome phone browser on 2 different iPhone models with different software versions, Edge browser on Windows 10, Chrome and Safari browser on Mac, pop-ups allowed globally, reduced privacy protections, VPN on and off, and using cellular T-Mobile a well as Movistar cell network. nothing seems to work. perhaps it's just a time thing??

the aggravating part is not knowing when we have other stuff that we could be doing in the meantime (and her tourist visa is expiring in a week-ish). did the payment work? her banks say so. is it just a website glitch? well, contacting Migraciones just means they send you an email that doesn't answer your question, and you have to change email addresses to be able to message them more than 1x every 48 hours. https://www.migraciones.gov.ar/contacto/ responds within a business day, but never answers anything and only says 'you need to pay to get past Step1' - yeah dude, i understand, which is why i wrote a 600-character question about why it's saying i haven't paid, and here are my transaction proof codes!

this is the email you will get, every time, no matter what you write them about this possible website-to-website error:

"Hello _________, We thank you for contacting us this way and we hope that the answer to your question will be useful to you. Step 1 of the procedure is incomplete, the method of payment for the tickets needs to be selected. You must enter step 1 registered user, you will see an incomplete order, enter the order, select the payment method for the missing receipts, then they will arrive in your email to pay for them. After paying them within 5 business days, you will receive the credential to carry out step 2 of the procedure, where you upload the documentation, finalize it and obtain your appointment. Do not reply to this message as the sender is an autobox. If you have a new concern or query, do not hesitate to write to us at our Single Contact Channel and we will respond as soon as possible."
(Hola ________________, Te agradecemos por ponerte en contacto por esta vía y esperamos que la respuesta a tu consulta te sea de utilidad. Está incompleto el paso 1 del trámite, falta seleccionar el medio de pago de las boletas. Debe ingresar a paso 1 usuario registrado, le va a figurar orden incompleta, ingresa a la orden, selecciona el medio de pago de las boletas faltantes, luego le llegaran a su mail para abonarlas. Después de abonarlas dentro de los 5 días hábiles le llegara la credencial para realizar el paso 2 del trámite, donde carga la documentación finaliza la misma y obtiene su cita. No respondas a este mensaje ya que el remitente es una casilla automática. En caso de tuvieras una nueva inquietud o consulta no dudes en escribirnos a nuestro Canal Único de Contacto y te contestaremos a la brevedad.)

it makes me wonder if just clicking "Cash" and paying the 6000 Pesos at BNA/Banco Nación would have been quicker overall, although the website says paying with a card will be instant, whereas Cash takes 5 days or so. maybe someone with a little more time can try this on their RADEX journey and update here.

timeline for my successful appointment (pre-Precaria) was:
  • 16Mar i paid RADEX 6000 Pesos in the morning with a card (laptop, Chrome browser, credit card). no email back other than a receipt.
  • 17Mar i contacted Support, them asking WTF?
  • 18Mar Migraciones emailed me back, saying i hadn't paid (i did).
  • 03Apr still nothing. bank posted the payment was confirmed. nothing in email, or Spam, and the Support channel was useless. so, i paid a second 6000 Pesos with a card (phone, Safari, debit card). then messaged Support asking to check if this one worked.
  • 04Apr Migraciones emailed me again, saying i still hadn't paid (i did, twice now).
  • 05Apr 07:30 Migraciones emailed me back again, saying i needed to pay Step1 to get my Recidivism invoice (see a trend here? they have no clue).
  • 05Apr 10:20 i went to pay a 3rd time, and suddenly my account on Pagos.DNM was different, with a new message and a big green checkmark (the spinning icon went away) "Finalizó correctamente el Paso 1 de registro y pago. Dentro de 5 días hábiles de efectuado el pago, cada solicitante de radicación recibirá en su respectiva casilla de correo electrónico el Usuario y Clave que le permitirá avanzar al Paso 2 para cargar la solicitud de trámite. (En caso de no recibirlaen el plazo indicado envíe un mensaje adireccion.radicaciones@migraciones.gov.ar) - Nota: Concluido el Paso 2, recibirá un mail para fijar una cita para tomarle las huellas digitales y la foto que llevará su DNI, así como también exhibir la documentación original que escaneó al inicio del trámite. Enesta ocasión, le entregarán una Autorizaciónde Residencia Precaria hasta tanto reciba elDNI en su domicilio" (attached screenshot).
  • 05Apr 10:30 i had an email with Boletas de Pago. go get the Reincidencias page printed (the other PDF is just a receipt for your 6000 Pesos) and take it to a Post Office Correo Argentino to pay 4800 Pesos ($5 USD) in cash. you have five days to do this part!!! (supposedly). while you're out, get a police certificate for your address (Declaración Jurada in Cordoba Province or Certificado De Domicilio in BsAs) for free at a police substation.
  • 05Apr 10:40 i had a "Credencial" emailed to me with my email address as username, and an assigned password, with the link https://radex.dnm.gov.ar/pretramite/ to log-in and upload photos from my phone for a Precaria.
  • once your RENAPER 4800 Pesos payment clears in a few business days, you upload all the required stuff on your cellphone as photos (FBI report, Apostille page, supporting documentation, Apostille page of that, police Declaración Jurada / Certificado De Domicilio, photo of yourself that will appear on your pre-Precaria, and photo of your passport (both pages signature and photo/data) similar to the requirements for a Residencia Temporaria renewal from the old forum:
  • then once everything is uploaded to RADEX, you get an email with a Certificado Electrónico de Residencia Precaria (which i'll just call a pre-Precaria) that lasts until the day of your cita/appointment physically at Migraciones. mine was a 9-day duration, and my photo selfie was upside-down. i don't know if this pre-Precaria could be used for a CDI, bank account, etc. like a 90-day actual Precaria can be, but it would be worth trying. it has a Numero De Expediente that you will use again, so write it down and take a photo of it.
  • next, get all your documents translated in that 9-day period (hopefully you have longer, or you did this already) ... FBI and Apostille, supporting/bank documentation and Apostille. you pay per word/page a Certified Public Translator and Legalized at the college (i paid about $200 USD total, but quotes were 300-700 bucks).
  • 24Apr my appointment at Migraciones occurred from about 08:45-12:30 as i documented in another post. i had to come back with a Public Accountant statement, which cost about $120 USD total.
  • 02May returned in-person to Migraciones as instructed by the employee in Cordoba, without an appointment, showed her i did everything i could, she liked the Accountant's attestation (which is completely unprovable that the income is fixed, of course), and after a couple hours i got a full Precaria to last 90 days. i understand this can be renewed 10 days prior to its expiration (online i suppose, so i'll document that later if needed). she gave me the printed Precaria with another page of instructions to open a bank account and get a Constancia (account opening proof), which i did at Banco Nacional Argentina/BNA which took about 3 hours.
  • i uploaded the Constancia to https://www.migraciones.gov.ar/accesible/consultaTramitePrecaria/ConsultaUnificada.php using my Numero de Expediente and date of birth. it had a button asking for documents, which i uploaded the Constancia as a PDF and the button went away and now the status is "pending web documentation" or something. i might have to sign a form and bring it in-person...not sure. but they are supposedly posting updates on that site that you need to manually check and stay on top of.
--------------------------
hope this helps someone else, and if anyone knows how to beat the glitch between Pagos.DNM and NPS.com please share!!!
This is wild. Thanks for sharing. Sounds like a horribly inefficient system!

FBI and Apostille, supporting/bank documentation and Apostille. you pay per word/page a Certified Public Translator and Legalized at the college (i paid about $200 USD total, but quotes were 300-700 bucks).
Wow! That's insane. The certified translator from the Colegio de Traductores in CABA we used charges what the Colegio publishes every month and she gives her clients a link to the official site to check the prices.

Re: RADEX, I don't know if you have used it, but the immigration site has a chat feature. If you go in person to the building on Hipólito Yrigoyen, behind the row of agents, there's a room where people that handle the chat questions work. A supervisor at that location said that emailing always slows down the process. Always use the chat, she said.

Always use the chat
i'll try it out. it would help if that info was on Migraciones' site, if they want people to use it instead; neither my girlfriend nor i knew there was a chat (their Support site routes it though email). the WhatsApp button on the top is to share their website, and i thought the icon on the bottom-right was just a Bot. but looks like you can summon a human if you click enough times. i'm waiting still to connect to someone, so i'l update on what happens (and if they have any more access than the email Support folks)

the cost of translation is per page or word, yes, and there is an "Ethical Minimum" but with a huge packet, the 70% scumbag translators will do it word-for-word instead of an actual ethical translation that gets the point across. one person wanted $700 for 22 pages, and the one i went with in Cordoba agreed with me that my bank statement "Terms and Conditions" at the end of each statement didn't need to be translated word for word; just the amounts of money and they gist of it needed to be translated. this is where the scam/estafa is...not illegal, just immoral and taking advantage of Expats in a hurry. one special peronist lady tried to claim it would take her 30 hours, whereas my translator did it quick and compacted it to 11 pages for under 200 bucks.

i'll try it out. it would help if that info was on Migraciones' site, if they want people to use it instead; neither my girlfriend nor i knew there was a chat (their Support site routes it though email). the WhatsApp button on the top is to share their website, and i thought the icon on the bottom-right was just a Bot. but looks like you can summon a human if you click enough times. i'm waiting still to connect to someone, so i'l update on what happens (and if they have any more access than the email Support folks)

On the same page you shared here, down there it says "Canal Unico de Contacto". Click that and you get this page:

Screenshot 2024-05-14 at 3.28.46 PM.png

Click "iniciar chat," right hand lower corner.

the cost of translation is per page or word, yes, and there is an "Ethical Minimum" but with a huge packet, the 70% scumbag translators will do it word-for-word instead of an actual ethical translation that gets the point across. one person wanted $700 for 22 pages, and the one i went with in Cordoba agreed with me that my bank statement "Terms and Conditions" at the end of each statement didn't need to be translated word for word; just the amounts of money and they gist of it needed to be translated. this is where the scam/estafa is...not illegal, just immoral and taking advantage of Expats in a hurry. one special peronist lady tried to claim it would take her 30 hours, whereas my translator did it quick and compacted it to 11 pages for under 200 bucks.
Yes many of these websites don't make it clear but chat feature if it's available always seems to be quicker. I agree about the scammy official translators. A LOT of them ask for very high prices.

saying i hadn't paid (i did).
update: after a 36-minute wait, i DID talk to a human at Migraciones! at 15:00, nonetheless! i tried that Bot on the bottom-right before, but it never went anywhere, si i figured no one was monitoring it (i probably waited 35 minutes last time, lol)

in summary, the screens on RADEX are just confusing; ends up for these pages, you click "Tarjeta De Credito" and pay 6,000 Pesos via card, THEN the screen will look exactly the same with another 6,000 Pesos needing to be paid in CASH ONLY, so you click "Efectivo" on this second one (it's not a glitch, supposedly it's a separate payment for a DNI number, and the first payment is for an appointment/cita). then, the 3rd screen will look the same, but be for 4,800 Pesos and you have to click the 3rd time "Efectivo" to pay for the Argentina Criminal History/Reincidencias with RENAPER with 4,800 Pesos cash.

so, you need to print both the 4,800 Peso invoice as well as the 6,000 Peso barcode, and bring them both to the Post Office. i did not pay this 2nd 6000 Pesos and i already have my Precaria, so i'm going to try to pay mine so my DNI doesn't get delayed (as recommended by the chat Migraciones employee).

with the initial warning not to pay the 6,000 Pesos in cash because it delays the process, this end-user experience is quite badly engineered, since both my girlfriend and i believed there was an error/glitch on the site. we're both fairly tech-savvy and attentive to detail, so i'm sure more people will have this problem. basically, just keep clicking "Efectivo" once you've paid the first 6,000 Pesos with a credit/debit card! at no point in my 6 or so emails to Migraciones did any of them recommend Chat, nor say that there were 3 separate payment 'clicks' to do - why would i need to click "Cash" if that's the only option?? it should just be auto-generated once you pay the credit card fee...

tomorrow we will pay the Correo Argentino and report back on the wait time between submission with a pre-Precaria, and the actual appointment at the Cordoba Migraciones. cheers!

Back