Explore, connect, thrive in
the expat community

Expat Life: Local Discoveries, Global Connections

Argentina Rentista Visa for 2024? What is the minimum income now for retirement visa for Argentina?

angry and aggressive?
only you could read so many thoughts and distill them down to "he is mad" - which makes perfect sense why you are a tribal zealot peronista who can only see things in false dichotomies, like life is some sort of a Disney movie where 'other guy evil; my people are on the Side of the Angels'

Avocado, if you can make it through this 17-minute video, you might learn something valuable

@Sunny i was just expressing ideas about how Politics don't always have to be a negative thing; the Local versus National comment was for IrishLad who almost always posts his dumb opinions and bosses people around, then gets all offended when anyone tells him he's an idiot, and to mind his own business. i won't comment also to your other tag of me about "vitriol and name-calling" because i already am posting here, but to answer you: no. someone needs to stand-up to liars and zealots, and there are really only about 4 people on this forum that i have conflict with. they all share the same theme, if you look at their myriad posts: they criticize something, swoop-in and cast judgements, make claims about reality, then act shocked when they are rejected. i'll continue to name-call when those few people are criticizing others, like how IrishLad has attacked "Americans" as obsessed with politics, for instance.

you said you're tired of discussing politics. i argued for why politics are central to human civilization. if you meant specifically you're tired of the Biden-Trump debate, i wouldn't have written all of that, since i totally agree; IrishLad is making a claim that THIS YEAR is somehow different than other election years; i think that's incorrect, and argued against it. my writing may not have been clear about the Local/National thing, but you get my point that humans ought to be interested in their government's actions, right? i was more explaining my mindset and these ideas, than saying you weren't involved in the Local level; i would make no such claim, since i don't know you and you could be a town mayor or something. you can call these discussions a waste of time, but i have been exposed to new ideas on Reddit, etc. over the years that have greatly benefitted my life; perhaps other people will also benefit from seeing new perspectives.

People can be involved without arguing on a message board or every coffee chat about it.
Larry argues that discussing things on a message board means it's an "argument" with negative connotations. he also makes a claim that people who write about politics are constantly obsessed with political discussions, even going as far as arguing at "every coffee chat."

these are claims made, implying various things. they're his viewpoints, and now that he's put these ideas out there, other people might come along and criticize, agree with, etc. what he has put into the public space. and thus,

Larry, you seem to think Conflict is bad. ever heard of Positive Conflict? https://www.exudeinc.com/blog/positive-conflict-in-the-workplace/

i don't argue about politics at every coffee chat. in fact, i usually only get political when other people are in an Echo-Chamber and make a claim, assuming i'm part of their tribe. this is another stupid claim you make. will you retract your claim that milk has gone exponentially up in relative price, before we start this next topic? you've been debunked as a liar on numerous other topics, yet you never apologize, correct your mistakes, and then you start new arguments and play the victim all over again. but, Communists like you :p always have to lie:

maybe later we can go through a list of your lies from the past 6 months, and see which ones you still assert? here's a good starting point if you want to create a new thread called "Larry's Lies" - https://www.cordiez.com.ar/leche-entera-sachet-manfrey-1-lt/p

milk for 745 Pesos a liter, or just under 80 cents USD, so just under $3 USD per gallon equivalent (cheaper than where i'm at in the Midwest, where i was in Florida, etc.)

now, Larry, i'll challenge you the same as i did with IrishLad: what do you offer on this forum, other than little snippets of stupidity, and criticisms of people/things with no actionable solutions or nuance? have you ever thought that maybe this forum would be better off if Larry posted less like negative-Larry, and more like BetsyRoss and others, who offer useful information and nuanced perspectives? communists tend to avoid self-reflection, so i was just wondering if that aspect fit your personality, as well ;)

Last edited:
no. someone needs to stand-up to liars and zealots, and there are really only about 4 people on this forum that i have conflict with.

The truth of the matter is that nobody really needs to discuss local politics to that level in an expat forum. They troll, you bite, they continue trolling. And in the process, what today is still a very nice forum, gets ruined. A perfect example is the Buenos Aires forum on Reddit created years ago by an expat, which has gone to complete crap.

i'll continue to name-call when those few people are criticizing others

Resorting to name-calling to make a point makes you look bad, how can you not realize that?

but you get my point that humans ought to be interested in their government's actions, right?

Absolutely. But what you are doing here, and the way you do it, goes well beyond that.

you can call these discussions a waste of time, but i have been exposed to new ideas on Reddit, etc. over the years that have greatly benefitted my life; perhaps other people will also benefit from seeing new perspectives.

They are a waste of your time because the people you are engaging with are not here to learn and benefit from new perspectives from a guy in your position. A local person who goes to an expat group to repeat day after day the same nonsense about the new government simply likes to provoke and you bite every single time.

The truth of the matter is that nobody really needs to discuss local politics to that level in an expat forum. They troll, you bite, they continue trolling. And in the process, what today is still a very nice forum, gets ruined. A perfect example is the Buenos Aires forum on Reddit created years ago by an expat, which has gone to complete crap.

Resorting to name-calling to make a point makes you look bad, how can you not realize that?

Absolutely. But what you are doing here, and the way you do it, goes well beyond that.

They are a waste of your time because the people you are engaging with are not here to learn and benefit from new perspectives from a guy in your position. A local person who goes to an expat group to repeat day after day the same nonsense about the new government simply likes to provoke and you bite every single time.
I agree that @StatusNomadicus never learn he lesson. Always does the same thing. No one want to listen.

Back