Explore, connect, thrive in
the expat community

Expat Life: Local Discoveries, Global Connections

Tips for my 2 weeks trip to BA - Apartment recommendations

I have been here for 15 years and I speak fluent Spanish. I would never think of going to a soccer game on my own.
entiendo. los argentinos anoche me dijeron es seguro para asistir un partido argentino aqui. Pero no se.

Alright I am going to buy a tour, but probably for libertadores or another game.

Sandra is fabulous. She has assisted several of my friends when they are in town. She gets great reviews on TripAdvisor.
I contacted her. She responded and said she is not a tour guide and just coordinates with other tour guides or companies. I will trust your word and see what it is like with her in comparison with the dozen other tour guide companies in Buenos Aires. I am still waiting on a response from her. I have tried multiple times to contact her through several different methods.

I contacted her. She responded and said she is not a tour guide and just coordinates with other tour guides or companies. I will trust your word and see what it is like with her in comparison with the dozen other tour guide companies in Buenos Aires. I am still waiting on a response from her. I have tried multiple times to contact her through several different methods.
Weekends it doesn’t seem like anyone works here! Can be frustrating. Also annoying many places don’t have websites. Many restaurants only use IG or even Facebook. LOL.

Weekends it doesn’t seem like anyone works here! Can be frustrating. Also annoying many places don’t have websites. Many restaurants only use IG or even Facebook. LOL.
I see. So what do you recommend to do tomorrow? I have the whole day open. I suppose I will go to the carrefore or coto and buy groceries. Where else do you recommend I visit in BA?

I see. So what do you recommend to do tomorrow? I have the whole day open. I suppose I will go to the carrefore or coto and buy groceries. Where else do you recommend I visit in BA?
Sunday's DEFINITELY go to San Telmo for the outdoor flea market. Although never went when it's raining so not sure of turnout but it is very lively there. Not sure how long you will be here but if you're here a while you can stock up on groceries. Many people like going to Jumbo as it is very large. You can also walk around the Cemetery in Recoleta. Soho is also lively on the weekends.

If you go to the San Telmo market drop in to Sagardi Bar for a beer and some tapas / its on Humberto primo just one block form where the market is held.

All the tapas have the same price/ the waiter counts the cocktail sticks on your plate when you finish .

I have been here for 15 years and I speak fluent Spanish. I would never think of going to a soccer game on my own.
Yeah I went with a group. No way I'd go alone especially for the first time I went.
If you go to the San Telmo market drop in to Sagardi Bar for a beer and some tapas / its on Humberto primo just one block form where the market is held.

All the tapas have the same price/ the waiter counts the cocktail sticks on your plate when you finish .
Great place!

ok I will go now. i will order an uber. Is there a spot in San Telmo or streets to set as my destination.
My friend said she goes to Plaza Dorrego every Sunday and it is very lively there. She told me to go eat in San Telmo Market which has a lot of different places.

what do I set as the destination in Uber. I am going to call the Uber now.

It was cool but I wish it was a little bigger. I was also able to walk to the obelisk, teatro colon, and plaza de mayo. I had a good time.
There might not have been as many tents set up with the rainy weather. But they do this every Sunday and it is typically many blocks. In Recoleta they also have some tents up around the Cemetery area on the weekends every Saturday and Sunday. BA is a totally different city when it is sunny out. With the rain and grey sky it can be a bit depressing. Glad you were able to get out on a rainy day.

Sandra is fabulous. She has assisted several of my friends when they are in town. She gets great reviews on TripAdvisor.
I contacted her. She organizes the tours, similar to Viator or Tripadvisor, but she isn't the tour guide. I guess she uses freelancers or other tour companies. Her prices are the same as the ones on viator/tripadvisor. I hope if I go on her tours that it isn't just the same tour guide company on Viator/Tripadvisor.

As a side note, how hard is it to get an uber from Palermo to the Ezeiza International Airport in the morning (7 to 8 am)? My friend told me it takes almost an hour since most uber drivers cancel due to the 1 hour distance.

As a side note, how hard is it to get an uber from Palermo to the Ezeiza International Airport in the morning (7 to 8 am)? My friend told me it takes almost an hour since most uber drivers cancel due to the 1 hour distance.
It is super easy to get Uber to the airport. I have never had any issues. Leave some time for traffic but no problems getting a ride.

Back