Explore, connect, thrive in
the expat community

Expat Life: Local Discoveries, Global Connections

Newcomer Questions about travelling to Buenos Aires

KurtCoue

I am visiting Buenos Aires for a couple weeks with some friends at the end of April. We haven’t planned too much yet (Besides our Don Julio reservation). I had a couple questions for anybody who is familiar with travelling there.

• How hard/ expensive is it to get tickets to a River Plate game at Mâs Monumental and are they relatively safe? I was on some ticket sites in Canada seeing tickets for $150 US, which seemed more expensive than I’d expect.

• Is it possible to do a day trip to Uruguay or should this be planned over 1-2 nights.

• What is the best way/ place to experience authentic asado?

Thank you. I really don’t know much about the country so any additional advice is also welcome! I am very excited

Enjoy Don Julio! Have been there twice now! Argentina is one of my top 5 countries.

It's pretty easy to go to Colonia for a day trip, the main area is compact and you just need a few hrs. If you wanted to visit Montevideo or Punta del Este (though April will likely be dead), having a night or two would be better.

Check out a YouTube channel called "Nicki Posts Travel Stuff". Lots of good info and tips on BA. I found it useful when I came to visit and to live.

Enjoy Don Julio! Have been there twice now! Argentina is one of my top 5 countries.

It's pretty easy to go to Colonia for a day trip, the main area is compact and you just need a few hrs. If you wanted to visit Montevideo or Punta del Este (though April will likely be dead), having a night or two would be better.
Yes, you can easily do a day trip to Colonia del Sacramento, it's an hour by ferry from buenos aires's port and it's fairly easy to get tickets online. I was there in 2017, and I traveled with buquebus and they were pretty decent.

Back