Explore, connect, thrive in
the expat community

Expat Life: Local Discoveries, Global Connections

Newcomer Mosquito invasion in BA

The northwest is the most affected area; Catamarca, Formosa and Chaco are the provinces with more cases.

Catamarca, Formosa and Chaco are the provinces with the most cases per capita. But when looking at absolute numbers, the jurisdiction with the most cases is the City of Buenos Aires.

According to experts, the number of cases is decreasing. I hope it continues this way and that this historic outbreak, which has left so many deaths, comes to an end.

According to experts, the number of cases is decreasing. I hope it continues this way and that this historic outbreak, which has left so many deaths, comes to an end.

How is the mosquito situation there now? Are the mosquitos still out or has it gotten better?

Much better than a few weeks ago. The temperature right now is 16C. I've read that mosquitos are adapting to colder temps all over the world.
Glad to hear the situation is improving. I had a friend whose brother died of Dengue in Brazil. It was shocking for his family. Let's hope this isn't the new normal.

Fortunately, the number of cases is decreasing in BA, perhaps thanks to the weather. Although the situation is critical in other provinces.

A mosquito was the third passenger in the elevator, last night. We tried to kill it, but it managed to enter our home unharmed. This morning I woke up with a mosquito parked on my pillow, right next to my head, it had to be the same one. It bit me, but that was it's very last meal. If this keeps up we are going to have to spray ourselves even at home. 😣

On our daily walk we try to avoid walking too close to trees, that's where they hang out. Thankfully, the homemade repellent I made continue to be very effective. That day I made a big batch and we are still using it.

A mosquito was the third passenger in the elevator, last night. We tried to kill it, but it managed to enter our home unharmed. This morning I woke up with a mosquito parked on my pillow, right next to my head, it had to be the same one. It bit me, but that was it's very last meal. If this keeps up we are going to have to spray ourselves even at home. 😣

On our daily walk we try to avoid walking too close to trees, that's where they hang out. Thankfully, the homemade repellent I made continue to be very effective. That day I made a big batch and we are still using it.
That is sad when they enter your home. That happened to us and we couldn't get rid of them. My girlfriend would walk her dog and I think they were attached to the dog. Nothing worse than having to apply mosquito spray in your own home. I have to come back to BA to get our stuff for final move to Spain and really hope they all die by the time we get back but not sounding likely.

@Sunny its time to publish the formula of your home made repellent. These bastards are here for the winter.

@Sunny its time to publish the formula of your home made repellent. These bastards are here for the winter.
She posted it and it works! Thanks @Sunny for posting it. You can see her formula here.

Back