Explore, connect, thrive in
the expat community

Expat Life: Local Discoveries, Global Connections

Newcomer Mosquito invasion in BA

The northwest is the most affected area; Catamarca, Formosa and Chaco are the provinces with more cases.

Catamarca, Formosa and Chaco are the provinces with the most cases per capita. But when looking at absolute numbers, the jurisdiction with the most cases is the City of Buenos Aires.

According to experts, the number of cases is decreasing. I hope it continues this way and that this historic outbreak, which has left so many deaths, comes to an end.

According to experts, the number of cases is decreasing. I hope it continues this way and that this historic outbreak, which has left so many deaths, comes to an end.

How is the mosquito situation there now? Are the mosquitos still out or has it gotten better?

Much better than a few weeks ago. The temperature right now is 16C. I've read that mosquitos are adapting to colder temps all over the world.
Glad to hear the situation is improving. I had a friend whose brother died of Dengue in Brazil. It was shocking for his family. Let's hope this isn't the new normal.

Fortunately, the number of cases is decreasing in BA, perhaps thanks to the weather. Although the situation is critical in other provinces.

Back