Explore, connect, thrive in
the expat community

Expat Life: Local Discoveries, Global Connections

I am already 4 months pregnant. I am planning to have my daughter born in Buenos Aires. We just planned to pay private pay for the birth but I heard fees went up. Does anyone know how much it costs to have a baby delivered in a top hospital in Buenos Aires with no medical plan? Or is it possible to buy an insurance plan already being pregnant? I read corruption is rampant there so I'm willing to pay a bribe to do it.

I read there was some backlash against foreigners receiving free public healthcare but I didn't read anything about private medical insurance. I don't have any DNI or residency status here. Can I still buy a health plan from any of these providers? Will they sell me a plan? Any help would be appreciated.
I had checked with Swiss Medical and a passport was enough to become a member.

I am already 4 months pregnant. I am planning to have my daughter born in Buenos Aires. We just planned to pay private pay for the birth but I heard fees went up. Does anyone know how much it costs to have a baby delivered in a top hospital in Buenos Aires with no medical plan? Or is it possible to buy an insurance plan already being pregnant? I read corruption is rampant there so I'm willing to pay a bribe to do it.
There is a maternity program at the Mater Dei Hospital, located in Palermo, which covers from pregnancy to the birth of the baby and its hospitalization days.
It is a program exclusively for foreigners

Yes, it seems so, because of these indiscriminate increases the government had to intervene, finally good news!

Good news. The first month that the healthcare premiums have not gone up and a partial discount/credit for May. Hopefully, this is a sign of things to come. Stability in prices.

View attachment 4954

View attachment 4955

Why partial discount/credit?

Last week I read on Infobae that from now on, the price must be backdated to last December plus inflation at the time of the corresponding billing:

Screenshot 2024-04-30 at 9.36.33 AM.png

Do you remember how much you were paying in December?

Last week I read on Infobae that from now on, the price must be backdated to last December plus inflation at the time of the corresponding billing:

View attachment 4956

No, It hasn't gone down to December's levels. Last month we paid 383,325 pesos so it went down slightly from last month. December was 248,746 pesos and it did not go down to that level.

I'm happy that this wasn't yet another month of increases but the decrease is almost nothing compared to how much they have gone up the past 5 months. Hospital Aleman has only gone down about 25,000 - 30,000 pesos from previous month's bill. Almost nothing.

View attachment 4956

You're correct. It seems that the private health companies are applying an incorrect formula. Users have complained because the companies aren't meeting the government's requirements. Today, Caputo will explain the correct formula, and he stated that companies not adhering to it will be fined.

You're correct. It seems that the private health companies are applying an incorrect formula. Users have complained because the companies aren't meeting the government's requirements. Today, Caputo will explain the correct formula, and he stated that companies not adhering to it will be fined.

Milei and his administration are to blame for all of this. Now they are trying to put genie back in bottle but they allowed private medical companies to raise whatever they wanted.

Private healthcare companies will need to correct their billing once again and apply the appropriate formula.

Private healthcare companies will need to correct their billing once again and apply the appropriate formula.

That's right, they should return the WRONG money charged to their users 👏

indiscriminate increases the government had to intervene, finally good news!
government intervened in the economy for 100 years, and Argentina went from a rich country to having 60% poverty levels. we don't need more government intervention - gov't intervention creates barriers to entry, favoritism/nepotism, and less choices for a consumer like you. here's an explanation about how national regulations stifle life: https://mises.org/mises-wire/price-gouging-state

Milei and his administration are to blame for all of this.
go away commie, no one cares about your spammy posts that "Milei Bad!!!" - go poison a Peronist forum somewhere, and leave us Expats alone. seriously: no one wants to hear your idiocy every day here

go away commie, no one cares about your spammy posts that "Milei Bad!!!" - go poison a Peronist forum somewhere, and leave us Expats alone. seriously: no one wants to hear your idiocy every day here

He/she loves pushing your buttons and you take the bait every time. If you want the troll to go troll somewhere else, don't feed them. Mute them.

He/she loves pushing your buttons and you take the bait every time. If you want the troll to go troll somewhere else, don't feed them. Mute them.
Agree. I don't mute anyone as I like to read all posts but I don't get why people let others get on your nerves on forums. Just ignore posts that get under your skin. That's what I do.

government intervened in the economy for 100 years, and Argentina went from a rich country to having 60% poverty levels. we don't need more government intervention - gov't intervention creates barriers to entry, favoritism/nepotism, and less choices for a consumer like you. here's an explanation about how national regulations stifle life: https://mises.org/mises-wire/price-gouging-state

Actually speak for yourself. I enjoy reading @Avocado's posts. They are very insightful. Many great links to articles that I wouldn't read otherwise. If you don't like a post just ignore it.

Agree. I don't mute anyone as I like to read all posts but I don't get why people let others get on your nerves on forums. Just ignore posts that get under your skin. That's what I do.
I don't always agree with everyone but typically I find I learn something new from most posts/threads. For the most part, people are respectful of others. I can't say the same on most Buenos Aires forums these days.

You are the one that poison this forum with your hate. You always call me commie. You want to introduce more guns into my country and many other bad ideas. It is clear you can't live in your country so you try to live here. That is ok and I welcome you if you are respectful.

Actually speak for yourself. I enjoy reading @Avocado's posts. They are very insightful. Many great links to articles that I wouldn't read otherwise. If you don't like a post just ignore it.
Thank you Larry. I like you posts too.

Back