Explore, connect, thrive in
the expat community

Expat Life: Local Discoveries, Global Connections

Politics Elon Musk calls to invest in Argentina after meeting up with Milei in LA

jmerl

Elon Musk's influence can have positive implications in many aspects. If he encourages investors to consider Argentina as an investment destination, it could spark interest in the country and potentially attract investments. However, Argentina's economic and political situation also heavily influences investor perception. If there's stability and favorable investment policies in place, Musk's endorsement could be seen as a positive opportunity. Conversely, if concerns persist regarding economic and political stability, investors might remain cautious regardless of Musk's opinion. Nonetheless, overall, I see it as a very positive development given Elon Musk's significant influence.

Milei needs to keep things in perspective. He is saying Argentina is going to be the "Mecca of the West". Homeless and poverty are at all time highs and he is saying this. Jesse.

Milei needs to keep things in perspective. He is saying Argentina is going to be the "Mecca of the West". Homeless and poverty are at all time highs and he is saying this. Jesse.

Each day this guy get more crazy! People can no longer buy beef and he says we will be Mecca. Crazy!

So what you want about Milei but do you think if Massa won we would be seeing the type of meetings that Milei is getting?

Agreed! If Massa won we would be seeing the more of the same type of corruption. Things should improve in Argentina over the next few years. I also follow BowtiedMara. I say that Stan Druckenmiller is now saying Argentina is the place to invest. He is a big deal!

Things are different this time with President Milei. Corruption is ending and big investments are coming. Look at the endless amounts of articles in respected magazines and newspapers around the world.

My husband is in the oil and gas industry. He said within 10 years Argentina could become one of the largest oil and gas producing nations in the world. With previous administrations, no companies wanted to risk investing in Argentina with the threat of nationalization but now they are all interested in working with President Milei.

So what you want about Milei but do you think if Massa won we would be seeing the type of meetings that Milei is getting?

I agree with you completely. The type of heavy hitters and big investors from around the world that are taking notice of Argentina now would NEVER have happened under Massa. Most people agree that hyperinflation would be here if Massa won. People are really downplaying how big of a deal these billionaires are all starting to invest in Argentina or will soon.

Peter Thiel is a big deal.

Things are different this time with President Milei. Corruption is ending and big investments are coming. Look at the endless amounts of articles in respected magazines and newspapers around the world.

The key to what Druckenmiller said is so far the people have patience. But you are seeing riots. Let see what Mr. Druckenmiller say when patience of people wear out. Then it won't look so good.

That's true! This would have never happened with Massa.
He's smart, attracting a lot of investors and influential figures like Elon Musk. I think his strategy is very effective. People are tired of corruption, that's why they chose Milei, there's no debate about that.

The key to what Druckenmiller said is so far the people have patience. But you are seeing riots. Let see what Mr. Druckenmiller say when patience of people wear out. Then it won't look so good.
Some of these people like Druckenmiller most likely don't understand Argentina and how things work here. It won't matter what outsiders think. It will matter what locals think. No President has had 2 major strikes so soon in their Presidency like Milei which shows how unhappy people are.

Where are the riots my dear friend?

None out this way............................

Are you referring to the corrupt union leaders who are getting worried they will lose their massive salaries?

Where are the riots my dear friend?

None out this way............................

Are you referring to the corrupt union leaders who are getting worried they will lose their massive salaries?
Amen. Life as usual today. Everything was open. Saw many buses running fine. There is real rear from corrupt union leaders for good reason. Milei is cleaning house.

If things are so rosy for Argentina does anyone know why Exxxon wants to exit Argentina?
Exxon probably is happy to just exit their investments in Argentina with a gain. Remember the YPF appropriation. Probably a nervous time for them and they know their best chance to exit is now while Milei is still in office. If the people force him out of office they will have a tougher time.

Exxon probably is happy to just exit their investments in Argentina with a gain. Remember the YPF appropriation. Probably a nervous time for them and they know their best chance to exit is now while Milei is still in office. If the people force him out of office they will have a tougher time.
You make a good point. This article makes good points. Inflation is still very high. Argentina has a history of defaulting on payments, breaching contracts and also few doubt Milei will operate above board. What happens if he is impeached or even the next President rolls back all of these changes? In many ways Argentina is the wild west.

Back