Explore, connect, thrive in
the expat community

Expat Life: Local Discoveries, Global Connections

Politics Elon Musk, after the meeting with Milei: “I recommend investing in Argentina” - Infobae

All the Answers

Elon Musk, after the meeting with Milei: “I recommend investing in Argentina” - Infobae​

1715096128486.png

Source:

May 07, 2024

The Argentine president added a new gesture of support from the South African businessman, with whom he met for the second time in the United States

1715096386097.png
Javier Milei met for the second time with Elon Musk

President Javier Milei continues to collect gestures of support from the South African businessman, Elon Musk , who after the meeting they shared this Monday in the United States, recommended “investing in Argentina.”

The libertarian politician and the magnate coincided at the global investor summit taking place in Los Angeles, where Milei arrived as the main guest speaker of the Milken Institute .

It is the second meeting they had in less than a month; the previous one was on April 12 at the Tesla plant in Austin, Texas. Now they saw each other again in a meeting that lasted about an hour and was captured in a photo in which both are together with the Secretary General of the Presidency, Karina Milei, and the Argentine ambassador to the United States, Gerardo Werthein. .

Before this second meeting, Milei had defined a roadmap on possible investments in technology and mining to present to Musk . In addition, the president intended to discuss the daily impact of artificial intelligence and its application in economic development.

“Artificial intelligence will make us a world power ,” Milei commented in Los Angeles. And regarding her conclave with Musk, she had advanced to her entourage: “I want him to invest. Wherever you want .” This Monday she at least got the support in words from the businessman. “Great meeting with President Milei ,” Musk posted on X along with the image. That same tweet was reposted a few minutes later by the CEO of Tesla himself with the legend: “I recommend investing in Argentina (I recommend investing in Argentina) . ”

1715096443214.png
Musk's comment in X after the meeting with Milei

In this way, both ratified the personal and ideological harmony that they exhibit in the successive contacts they maintain on social networks.

-It is a great pleasure for me. Is incredible. Thank you for everything you do for the world,” Milei told Musk when she met him in his Tesla office.

-It's an honor to meet you too. Welcome,” Musk responded.

“There was chemistry. It was love at first sight ,” Gerardo Werthein, who participated in the conclave, summarized to Infobae on that occasion. The president's sister was also present at the meeting in Austin, whom the head of state introduced to Musk as “the boss”; the designated ambassador to Israel, Simon Wahnish, and businessman Pato Fuks , a personal friend of the president.

This conclave showed the coincidences between the president and the powerful South African businessman regarding the importance of free markets, the progress of countries, the need to end bureaucratic obstacles, the development of technology and the need to preserve the rules. of game. Today's meeting ratified the bond and interests of both.

During his conference at the convention organized by the Milken Institute, Milei dedicated words of praise to the CEO of Space X. “We have put men on the Moon and now we are looking at Mars. And we have done it thanks to the ambition, creativity and optimism of men like you, who associated with each other in pursuit of their own happiness. (...) We are a kind of explorers, creators, inventors. Not from bureaucrats. And it is the entrepreneur-adventurer, not the desk bureaucrat, the kind of man who embodies in the present this timeless quality of the human spirit. For this reason, I do not want to stop celebrating my friend Elon Musk's effort to set foot on Mars ,” the president acknowledged to the owner of X.

On this trip, the president also met Gianni Infantino, head of FIFA, with whom he spoke about the Argentine Government's intentions to move forward with Sports Joint Stock Companies (SAD) .

It is the fourth time that Milei has set foot on North American soil since he took over as head of the Executive Branch. In the next few hours she will be landing in Buenos Aires.

Back