Explore, connect, thrive in
the expat community

Expat Life: Local Discoveries, Global Connections

Legal Any risk to constantly overstaying on tourist visa? How many times can you do border runs in Argentina?

on top of that, you can't use MercadoLibre without a DNI, and even buying groceries at the supermarkets they ask for a DNI to type in (i usually just give a random 8-digit number). it's fucking weird that someone needs my ID# to buy groceries; i'm not sure how many countries do that, but it feels very BigBrother when it happens here
The Mercado Libre thingy is what helped prompt me to get residency here. I figured everything was heading that way. Plus I wanted to get a local bank account and I use it daily to pay for stuff. I think there is a law that merchants must allow you to pay by debit card. I use it for everything including taxis.

and this is the trend for your posts: uninformed, speculative, resentment to people coming to Argentina, and thinking all Expats are malicious/law-breaking and have unlimited money. i've tried reasoning with you, and you don't even respond to anything https://www.expatsba.com/threads/ne...llarization-is-a-fantasy.406/page-2#post-2695

what would help in this forum is to share info that you can personally vouch for, with cited sources. i can tell you have traveled very little, are very young, and think you know everything because your small circle of family and friends told you so. if getting a DNI and residency was easy, people wouldn't be risking getting deported to overstay and take the ferry round-trip. duh! i would just go get a DNI and residency now. but like others have said, it's actually kinda hard, and you need a lawyer for most stuff. and you can't blame people for violating the immigration law if the fine is a couple bucks and they permit it. if you incentivize something, people will do it more often (economics 101). and no, the USA is not really deporting people right now; again, you have no clue what's going on inside of the USA (have you even ever been there??), and from the few posts i've read, you have no clue how the legal system in Argentina works, either. people in this forum would benefit from you speculating less and filling these threads up with your made-up claims
I love tourists and foreigners and I have many friend here from many countries. USA, UK, Australia, Spain, Italy and Amsterdam. I have lot of friend of friends that are also foreigner. I have no resentment for anyone. You sound uninformed. Only been here some days and think you know how it is. Trying to pay properties with crypto. Don't listen to the people that tell you how it is here! Ha.

Yes it true Im not so old. I don't claim to know it all. But I know it's illegal to overstay and try to live in USA for years with tourist visa. That doesn't happen so much like happen here. That is wrong. I would imagine also in the US it's not easy or cheap to try to live forever. Here in Argentina it's much easier. No excuse to be permanent/illegal tourist.

Honestly, I wouldn't worry about this too much. I agree if you're doing it over and over for years then you might have issues. But honestly, I know many perma-tourists that just pay it each overstay. I'm not saying this will always be the case. But I only have heard of 2 people that I personally know that were warned after their 2nd overstay and said the next time they would have issues. I haven't heard of if they had issues on their third stay or if they went out for some time.

But I seriously don't see Americans or Europeans getting deported from Argentina any time soon. But I guess anything is possible in Argentina. But more than ever they need money in their economy so I would strongly discourage the government from doing this.

But I seriously don't see Americans or Europeans getting deported from Argentina any time soon. But I guess anything is possible in Argentina. But more than ever they need money in their economy so I would strongly discourage the government from doing this.
We can talk about whether it's right or wrong to take advantage of overstays, border runs, etc but the fact remains if somebody comes with money(or perceived money), they will be afforded more privileges. Again, not saying that's right or wrong, just is. As an American I acknowledge that and the least I can do is be respectful and in no way act entitled to such privileges.

We can talk about whether it's right or wrong to take advantage of overstays, border runs, etc but the fact remains if somebody comes with money(or perceived money), they will be afforded more privileges. Again, not saying that's right or wrong, just is. As an American I acknowledge that and the least I can do is be respectful and in no way act entitled to such privileges.
I completely agree. Me personally I knew I would be in Argentina for the long haul so I started the process ASAP but I do understand the how's/why's of why expats overstay. I truly believe that until you really know that Argentina is for you long-term than it's worth it to wait and see. Where I have an opinion that is is wrong is when it's been YEARS and you know you want to stay and don't do anything. Even still, I know people that are in this position and I don't razz them about it.

In the end, they love Argentina so much they decided to make it their home. They spend money and are productive to society. I doubt they are paying any taxes here but that's none of my business. They just have to be ok with the risk that the next time they enter the customs/Immigration officer could say nope and get rejected.

But I'm not a judgmental person when it comes to overstays in Argentina. I realize everyone has a different situation. I love Buenos Aires so much so I understand their rationale for not wanting to leave. I honestly believe that many of these expats couldn't go back to living in most USA cities after living in Buenos Aires long-term. You get used to the lifestyle there. Granted, I NEVER got used to the inefficiency there. There are things there that no matter how long I'm there I couldn't get used to. But things like Mercado Libre make it much easier.

For example, when I lived there I might buy an LED TV and it wouldn't work and it would be a nightmare to return it or replace it. Now, a few months ago I bought a 65' LED TV from Mercado Libre and they delivered to my apartment. It stopped working well after a few days. I just took it around the corner and they instantly credited it the next day. Things have come a long way in BA from 22 years ago.

got too frustrated with everything and left.
i'm pretty stubborn, but for sure i'm going to be starting at least 1 other residency elsewhere, parallel (eggs in one basket analogy). i like the challenge, and i think once i get out of the city things will change and present new challenges. regardless, living in the USA just isn't for me anymore, so Argentina is still overall much better than the cost of living in most of the States

i'm pretty stubborn, but for sure i'm going to be starting at least 1 other residency elsewhere, parallel (eggs in one basket analogy). i like the challenge, and i think once i get out of the city things will change and present new challenges. regardless, living in the USA just isn't for me anymore, so Argentina is still overall much better than the cost of living in most of the States
I am loving this city. I planned to only come for 1 year but I'm not sure I will be able to go back. Life here beats the USA with the exception of being able to find a decent job. @StatusNomadicus, what is your plan for work? I see you have a lot of free time. Do you plan to find a job here? I see you said you were a cop before. I just don't see many ways to make decent wages here. The expats mostly dont want to hang out it seems like. They already have their local friends. I also am finding my groove but the reality is I will probably have to go back soon. I thought it would be easy to find a job here. Nurses in the USA make a lot of money. But here they make almost nothing!

I got offered a private gig taking care of a wealthy person's parents but they don't want to pay anything! That seems par for the course here.

I am loving this city. I planned to only come for 1 year but I'm not sure I will be able to go back.
i'm aiming for 7 months/year so i can get my temporary residency, permanent, then citizenship and passport.
I also am finding my groove but the reality is I will probably have to go back soon.
what's limiting you, between these 2 above quotes?

i don't really have a plan, other than to live abroad where it's affordable and people don't mess with me and my pup. i spent the past 5 years investing in crypto and getting myself ready for a global financial correction, sold my house, and have a backup life in the USA midwest if need be. but i'm trying to follow Doug Casey's mindset (InternationalMan website) of "crisis investing" with the small amount of liquidity i have. problem is, holding USD in a bank account, even 5% APY with a HYSA, still loses to inflation it seems (not to mention cost of living). i'm looking for some places to live in eastern europe and south america. long plan is crypto slowly accumulating and dollar-cost-averaging, short-term plan is just see what problems i can solve, hustling to see if i can make some under-the-table money. if i was smart i would have gone to coding school (not medical coding, silly nurse! nerd stuff like if we became system administrators and worked like digital nomads :p ) and then i'd work here without reporting it like everyone else, local and Expat

but regarding RN stuff, i know someone here that is an RN/BSN and is sort of in your same boat, but wanting to avoid bedside and do something more interesting. i saw this fitness dude on Twitter offering jobs from a year ago, but some comments say the company doesn't respond to applications. but something remote like this, needing/preferring an RN, could be good to make some bucks, pick your schedule, and live wherever it's cheap and nice
regarding Expats, there is a facebook group my gf is on, if you want me to pass it along. but, in the spirit of this new forum, if you arrange a meet-up that isn't more than 4 miles from me in Palermo Chico, i'll attend and bring my dog. you could be the organizer of a networking hangout. i know earlyretirement prefers to hang-out with locals, but this could be more of a brainstorming for business ideas. some things that are completely missing in BsAs could be monetized, like:

1. it's super hard to bring a dog on an extended trip, and near-impossible to get one outside of CABA once you're here. taxi, ride-sharing, pet-friendly flights, all of these can happen now that so much has been repealed last night.
2. concierge for people who have a little money, want to immerse themselves, but don't want to constantly have to deal with scams; offer a website/Twitter with trusted companies/people who can set-up packages for Spanish classes, walking tours, cooking classes, boat/river/watersports/fishing, gym networks (like Active&FitDirect in the USA).
3. store locators where there is more than rotten lettuce and sugar-bread (sorry to offend, shopping here is horrible).
4. a mapped-out service where only businesses that accept int'l credit cards are shown.

for now, i'm finishing-up online college classes, but mid-2024 i'll be looking for a side-job, so keep me in mind when you find one! i even find it frustrating that there aren't any good hostels here; the best part of Europe is knowing you can work 20 hours a week at a hostel, live for free, and see a new city while constantly meeting people. BsAs could benefit from that sort of place, affordable and safe, for those who prefer to spend $16/night and share some areas, rather than $40+ a night to have a hotel room

i'm aiming for 7 months/year so i can get my temporary residency, permanent, then citizenship and passport.

what's limiting you, between these 2 above quotes?

i don't really have a plan, other than to live abroad where it's affordable and people don't mess with me and my pup. i spent the past 5 years investing in crypto and getting myself ready for a global financial correction, sold my house, and have a backup life in the USA midwest if need be. but i'm trying to follow Doug Casey's mindset (InternationalMan website) of "crisis investing" with the small amount of liquidity i have. problem is, holding USD in a bank account, even 5% APY with a HYSA, still loses to inflation it seems (not to mention cost of living). i'm looking for some places to live in eastern europe and south america. long plan is crypto slowly accumulating and dollar-cost-averaging, short-term plan is just see what problems i can solve, hustling to see if i can make some under-the-table money. if i was smart i would have gone to coding school (not medical coding, silly nurse! nerd stuff like if we became system administrators and worked like digital nomads :p ) and then i'd work here without reporting it like everyone else, local and Expat

but regarding RN stuff, i know someone here that is an RN/BSN and is sort of in your same boat, but wanting to avoid bedside and do something more interesting. i saw this fitness dude on Twitter offering jobs from a year ago, but some comments say the company doesn't respond to applications. but something remote like this, needing/preferring an RN, could be good to make some bucks, pick your schedule, and live wherever it's cheap and nice
regarding Expats, there is a facebook group my gf is on, if you want me to pass it along. but, in the spirit of this new forum, if you arrange a meet-up that isn't more than 4 miles from me in Palermo Chico, i'll attend and bring my dog. you could be the organizer of a networking hangout. i know earlyretirement prefers to hang-out with locals, but this could be more of a brainstorming for business ideas. some things that are completely missing in BsAs could be monetized, like:

1. it's super hard to bring a dog on an extended trip, and near-impossible to get one outside of CABA once you're here. taxi, ride-sharing, pet-friendly flights, all of these can happen now that so much has been repealed last night.
2. concierge for people who have a little money, want to immerse themselves, but don't want to constantly have to deal with scams; offer a website/Twitter with trusted companies/people who can set-up packages for Spanish classes, walking tours, cooking classes, boat/river/watersports/fishing, gym networks (like Active&FitDirect in the USA).
3. store locators where there is more than rotten lettuce and sugar-bread (sorry to offend, shopping here is horrible).
4. a mapped-out service where only businesses that accept int'l credit cards are shown.

for now, i'm finishing-up online college classes, but mid-2024 i'll be looking for a side-job, so keep me in mind when you find one! i even find it frustrating that there aren't any good hostels here; the best part of Europe is knowing you can work 20 hours a week at a hostel, live for free, and see a new city while constantly meeting people. BsAs could benefit from that sort of place, affordable and safe, for those who prefer to spend $16/night and share some areas, rather than $40+ a night to have a hotel room
Thank you for that great response. Mom wants me to come back for the holiday and is getting a ticket for me so I'm leaving on Saturday. Prices are through the roof for flights but she is paying. I will go back for a few weeks to visit her but she is trying to get me to work there in the city she lives in. I can easily make six figure job there. I may have to go back and work and save a while. You have your bitcoin but I don't have that to fall back on. Reality is setting in that Buenos Aires for me is a dream for now. I have to make money while I am younger. I'm not spring chicken now.

Reality is setting in that Buenos Aires for me is a dream for now. I have to make money while I am younger. I'm not spring chicken now.
okay, safe travels, and holler if you need research while you're gone! hope you make a ton of money; i'm friends with many Travel Nurses and i've hosted them on Airbnb for 5 years or so (specializing in dog-friendly furnished rooms). cool that mom is paying, and hopefully you're not flying back to a state where it's 20F right now!

note that my Bitcoin Cash (BCH) isn't worth much right now, so it's not like i'm MrBeast rolling in dough and living large! i live very minimally, under my means, and probably live a lifestyle that most Expats would find unacceptable (i was living in a 20-foot travel trailer for months in the midwest). but i see the value in sacrificing now, and being poised to invest/move where it will be beneficial in the long-run

most curious to me is your somber move; did mom socially-pressure you to 'be more responsible and realistic' or something? i've read your posts on this forum since i've been here in BsAs and the tone totally changed, like, yesterday! you certainly don't have to work in your hometown or where mom is; just travel-nurse somewhere (other than Ireland that pays sh*t). ever look-into Malta? ever think about being a recruiter who can actually habla the industry? my buddy got into a PhD program years back in Zurich Switzerland that paid him like 70K USD per year, 2+ years, free tuition, to do a PhD. maybe you could do a Master/MSN type of scholarship if you like teaching, and get paid to do it?

surely don't worry about what i think, and live your life, but on a scale of motivation it was 10/10 for weeks, and now 3/10 (when the economy and laws here JUST got completely revamped like never before seen in in history since probably Solon in ancient Greece, https://www.crf-usa.org/bill-of-rig...3-a-solon-put-athens-on-the-road-to-democracy)

okay, safe travels, and holler if you need research while you're gone! hope you make a ton of money; i'm friends with many Travel Nurses and i've hosted them on Airbnb for 5 years or so (specializing in dog-friendly furnished rooms). cool that mom is paying, and hopefully you're not flying back to a state where it's 20F right now!

note that my Bitcoin Cash (BCH) isn't worth much right now, so it's not like i'm MrBeast rolling in dough and living large! i live very minimally, under my means, and probably live a lifestyle that most Expats would find unacceptable (i was living in a 20-foot travel trailer for months in the midwest). but i see the value in sacrificing now, and being poised to invest/move where it will be beneficial in the long-run

most curious to me is your somber move; did mom socially-pressure you to 'be more responsible and realistic' or something? i've read your posts on this forum since i've been here in BsAs and the tone totally changed, like, yesterday! you certainly don't have to work in your hometown or where mom is; just travel-nurse somewhere (other than Ireland that pays sh*t). ever look-into Malta? ever think about being a recruiter who can actually habla the industry? my buddy got into a PhD program years back in Zurich Switzerland that paid him like 70K USD per year, 2+ years, free tuition, to do a PhD. maybe you could do a Master/MSN type of scholarship if you like teaching, and get paid to do it?

surely don't worry about what i think, and live your life, but on a scale of motivation it was 10/10 for weeks, and now 3/10 (when the economy and laws here JUST got completely revamped like never before seen in in history since probably Solon in ancient Greece, https://www.crf-usa.org/bill-of-rig...3-a-solon-put-athens-on-the-road-to-democracy)
@StatusNomadicus awesome about you hosting traveling nurses! Luckily going to warmer weather of 70's of Sarasota, Florida.

Got it about the crypto. I think sometimes people get the wrong idea when they hear young expat and crypto and think of Mr. Beast with oodles of cash. Interesting about living in trailer!

Yeah I am figuring out after not too long here that people here don't make much $ at all. I don't know what I was thinking. I just assumed since I was totally fluent I would have it much easier. I probably do and even still I am trying to stay realistic. I moved here to escape some issues with abusive relationship and a boyfriend that beat me. But as much as I love it here my mom is right. I am not going to make enough to not only pay for bills here but my mom mentioned just today I am not going to be on her payroll again. I thought I could count on her support but she informed me today that I can't depend on her support financially. She said not when I can be making six figures in the US.

I don't have a job where I can just make money online like some expats and I love it here but I am only in my early 30's so I will build up a nest egg and then come back to Buenos Aires better prepared financially. That is the tough reality between yesterday and today! Mom cutting me off.

@StatusNomadicus awesome about you hosting traveling nurses! Luckily going to warmer weather of 70's of Sarasota, Florida.

Got it about the crypto. I think sometimes people get the wrong idea when they hear young expat and crypto and think of Mr. Beast with oodles of cash. Interesting about living in trailer!

Yeah I am figuring out after not too long here that people here don't make much $ at all. I don't know what I was thinking. I just assumed since I was totally fluent I would have it much easier. I probably do and even still I am trying to stay realistic. I moved here to escape some issues with abusive relationship and a boyfriend that beat me. But as much as I love it here my mom is right. I am not going to make enough to not only pay for bills here but my mom mentioned just today I am not going to be on her payroll again. I thought I could count on her support but she informed me today that I can't depend on her support financially. She said not when I can be making six figures in the US.

I don't have a job where I can just make money online like some expats and I love it here but I am only in my early 30's so I will build up a nest egg and then come back to Buenos Aires better prepared financially. That is the tough reality between yesterday and today! Mom cutting me off.
After COVID I had adult children as well that kind of took a few years off from work. The problem now is they don't want to go back to normal office job. That got settled very quickly when I also told them I am not going to support them. I did during COVID while their employer cut hours but adult kids have no excuse now.

I also got them "off the payroll". Sorry @RN in BA but the best thing your mother can do for you. There is NO excuse for you to be in Buenos Aires when you can be making six figures and you're in your working prime. Come back when you retire and have a nest egg. @StatusNomadicus you also sound young so that same logic would probably apply to you. Or maybe you are living off your airbnb income which if that is the case maybe if you own several properties but if you're young you should go back to the USA and work. Unemployment is almost nothing there and you can find a good paying job. Very few people should be living down here unless they are retired or independently wealthy.

Take it from me. It gets increasingly harder to make money when you are older. I wish I worked harder when I was younger so I would have a more comforter retirement.

I don't have a job where I can just make money online like some expats and I love it here but I am only in my early 30's
wait but you could!! i hosted at my airbnb an NP that did Psych consults from my house, and she was making bank! i know travel nurse recruiters can make more than travel nurses, or those gals wouldn't be doing it! :p

you're just a baby, i'm barely older than you, but the thing i'm aiming for is to spend less and be able to live a simple life without being forced to work a 9-5 (or in your case, bedside, yuck), but i would bet there are going to be so many more opportunities next year (W2 style jobs if Migraciones opens-up, or under-the-table stuff) that us Expats can do. if momma wants to cut you off and try to control you to live her life, that's on her, but for sure i got your back and support you! if you think about it, you could spend $15,000 USD per year in Buenos Aires and have a great life, and not have to work. that's my goal: find ways to live cheaper, so i can do what i enjoy (and later monetize it)

@StatusNomadicus you also sound young so that same logic would probably apply to you. Or maybe you are living off your airbnb income which if that is the case maybe if you own several properties but if you're young you should go back to the USA and work.
kindly f*ck off and mind your own business ;)

"It gets increasingly harder to make money when you are older." makes no sense. i've continually made more money as i get older; more language fluency, more connections, more physical skills, more wisdom to make tough decisions, more investment dividends, more property ownerships, people i've lent money to me paying me back, learning how to be thrifty and life-hack stuff like travel credit card bonuses, more discounts like military/cop/EMT apply as i work more fields. if you make less money as you get older, you are doing something wrong. so no, i'm not going to go back to my home country and do what i was doing before, because of your advice lol

wait but you could!! i hosted at my airbnb an NP that did Psych consults from my house, and she was making bank! i know travel nurse recruiters can make more than travel nurses, or those gals wouldn't be doing it! :p

you're just a baby, i'm barely older than you, but the thing i'm aiming for is to spend less and be able to live a simple life without being forced to work a 9-5 (or in your case, bedside, yuck), but i would bet there are going to be so many more opportunities next year (W2 style jobs if Migraciones opens-up, or under-the-table stuff) that us Expats can do. if momma wants to cut you off and try to control you to live her life, that's on her, but for sure i got your back and support you! if you think about it, you could spend $15,000 USD per year in Buenos Aires and have a great life, and not have to work. that's my goal: find ways to live cheaper, so i can do what i enjoy (and later monetize it)
Thanks. The thing is I LOVE being a nurse and seeing patients. I didn't go into medicine for the money. I honestly love the patient rapport and I don't want to just be in it for the money. I don't have any interest in working online. I tried to work with patients here but although I didn't get into it for the money, the money helps! I feel young but my mom tells me early 30's is not young or at least too old to not figure out that I should be doing what I love and being compensated for it. So I agree with her I have to face reality.

I will just plan to work really hard for 10-15 more years and then come back here. My mom said I can live with her if I want to save money. She has a large house so I may do that. I don't want to work under the table in BA which many jobs offer to pay cash but I want to be on a firm financial footing and I can't do that and do what I love doing with my job.

I want to stay here but back to reality! Thanks and I will live vicariously through your posts.

kindly f*ck off and mind your own business ;)

"It gets increasingly harder to make money when you are older." makes no sense. i've continually made more money as i get older; more language fluency, more connections, more physical skills, more wisdom to make tough decisions, more investment dividends, more property ownerships, people i've lent money to me paying me back, learning how to be thrifty and life-hack stuff like travel credit card bonuses, more discounts like military/cop/EMT apply as i work more fields. if you make less money as you get older, you are doing something wrong. so no, i'm not going to go back to my home country and do what i was doing before, because of your advice lol
What the heck? You need to get banned from this forum. I am being nothing but polite to you and kind. Giving you the same advice I would give to my adult child. It is clear to all of us that you can't afford to be in this country. Many of us have taken the time to give you gentile advice as it is clear you do NOT understand this country. You have been here for a few days and you think you understand how the place runs.

You complain about paying 1,500 pesos for cubierto. You complain about people not speaking English at all in a Spanish speaking country. You claim you speak Spanish for years yet it's clear you can't speak Spanish. You insist on using your bitcoin to buy real estate when no one wants it. You use obscenities on this forum which shows your lack of education. People are calm with you and you blow up at everyone. My son had this same violent reaction when I told him that he was being a loser and to find a real job. He played around with bitcoin like you are but that cyrpto experiment failed miserably just like yours sounds like it is with your violence and anger and your obvious state of unemployment. How do you have time to post so much? Maybe try getting a job?

May I suggest you see one of BA's fine therapists although I don't know if you can afford it since you cannot afford to take an uber. You have something wrong with you or a chip on your shoulder. I am thankful you aren't a police officer anymore. It's probably ones like you who assaulted innocent people with your anger management issues and then we taxpayers had to pay settlements.

Take a chill pill and tone down the language. This will be my final post to you.

You need to get banned from this forum
nah, you just need to mind your own business, but i'll just use the Mute function, so i don't have to see your unsolicited advice.

polite to you and kind
in your opinion, but again, i didn't ask your advice. and you know nothing about my situation.

you can't afford to be in this country
lol, see above.

taken the time to give you gentile advice
see above-above. i'm more of a kufr than a Gentile, although you are correct, i don't think the Torah is elohim's written word.

it is clear you do NOT understand this country. You have been here for a few days and you think you understand how the place runs.
**citation needed

complain about paying 1,500 pesos for cubierto
are you incapable of reading like CheVos? i basically wrote a dissertation on cubierto

You complain about people not speaking English at all in a Spanish speaking country.
you're reading someone else; i said tiendas chinas are staffed by Chinese families that refuse to assimilate by learning Spanish. not sure how you could interpret anything i wrote as such, but again, your advice is unwanted because of this apparent lack of intelligence

You claim you speak Spanish for years yet it's clear you can't speak Spanish
y una más cosa para mostrar tu inteligencia; es tan increíble que eres telepatía...puedes pensar en cuántos dedo(s) estoy levantando?

i studied spanish for years, and i'll even attach a transcript so you can be more likely to shut-up, but let's save everyone else from your dross, and agree that there's nothing worthwhile going to occur from writing to each other. remember, you started it, and i'm only responding to your unwanted advice, which you have created based on some caricature of my life that you sourced from...your culo?
You insist on using your bitcoin
tell me you have no clue what the Blockchain is, or the goal of cryptocurrency via Satoshi, without saying it outright ;)

obscenities on this forum which shows your lack of education
ah yes, none of the PhD people i know ever swear, duh! and obviously your sense of what is polite or moral is a worldwide gold standard for all 7 billion people. would you consider me calling you a boludo an obscenity?

you blow up at everyone
nah, just try to balance-out the infrequent stupidity from a small group of posters here, so the rest of us don't have to read as many stupidities. you are making this difficult! i have one allergy in life: stupid people writing/saying things with certainty, without having any nuance. it's like an allergy down to my bone marrow.
son had this same violent reaction when I told him that he was being a loser and to find a real job
Father of the Year, with all that nuance again! i'm sure you're a lovely person in real-life ;) if only you were a Psychologist and not a Psychic, you could see the error in projecting your feelings of resentment toward your son on me...but i'm not your kiddo, buddy! so go away!

He played around with bitcoin like you are but that cyrpto experiment failed miserably just like yours sounds like it is
nahhhh, my CYRPTO is good, mang

with your violence and anger
i seem to be interacting with 99% of people here just fine. ever heard that saying about running into assholes all day? ever consider you are that asshole that everyone else is running into? self-reflection would be useful here, since you brought-up therapists (projection seems to be your second language! can you do it in Spanish, too??)

obvious state of unemployment
i prefer 'extended sabbatical' but sure, i'm down to call it whatever you want...does that make you feel superior and more powerful?

How do you have time to post so much?
you could ask earlyretirement who posts way more on many different platforms, and he has more dependents than me, a big company, more properties...how the heck does he do it?? i suspect he doesn't watch TV/Netflix, or some other way of spending his awake hours in more active ways
Maybe try getting a job?
you're really obsessed with people having traditional W2 jobs. would it be okay with you if i wasn't working one, and i was a little older like 65? what would change for you that a retired person can sit on their ass, but i'm not allowed to spend a year traveling in Argentina? you sound silly

you cannot afford to take an uber
i was just about to do a write-up of my first Uber in BsAs 2 days ago, how'd you know?? yes, oh wise one, my preference in running/walking around new cities is obviously because i'm unable to swipe a card for a 5-minute drive. thank you for your complex and nuanced analysis of the topic, oh great one

You have something wrong with you or a chip on your shoulder. I am thankful you aren't a police officer anymore. It's probably ones like you who assaulted innocent people with your anger management issues and then we taxpayers had to pay settlements.
see above allergy to idiotic statements. i was a deputy, buddy! we had to save our energy for chasing loose cows off highways...no way to be just beating innocent people all the time, with all that Western stuff going on. but i could show you my shiny Employee of the Month coin if you want to feel más estupido (if that's even a level of self-reflection possible, in your undeveloped intellect).
Take a chill pill and tone down the language.
no, stupidity and speculation and lack of nuance must be rejected, or the Idiocracy wins. you may not be able to self-reflect and change, but future people reading this forum can change. thus, the battle between bad ideas and good ideas must be continually waged.
This will be my final post to you.
pinky promise??? no more 'advice' from No-Nuance Daddy? Christmas, then, HAS come early this year!

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    116.7 KB · Views: 1
Please, everyone. Our company is all for free speech but let's try to respect all the members on this forum. Everyone has different views on many different topics. Religion, politics, economy, money/finances, love, and a hundred different topics. It's ok to disagree with one another. We will allow people to disagree as long as you're respectful and back up your arguments. Just consider that it may turn people off and they may end up ignoring you which we don't believe is beneficial to anyone.

It is fine to disagree with one another and if a member bothers someone then we recommend using the "Ignore" feature. You can use the ignore feature by clicking on that member's name and then clicking on "Ignore". You can also contact one another via Private Messages by following the same instructions but clicking on "Start Conversation" or you can "Follow" and be notified when they post something.

We believe a healthy discussion can be beneficial as long as people are doing it in a respectable way. Thanks.

Cheers to all.

I posted in another thread but maybe more appropriate here.

I'm asking for a friend. Let's say you are from the United Kingdom and you have been illegally living in Argentina since 2019. You didn't leave to Uruguay to do border runs as you heard that it was better to overstay and just pay an exit fine. Let's say lately at the supermarket they are asking for passports all of a sudden and you go to Western Union today and while they are scanning your passport they call the Manager over and they are talking and flipping through your passport. I didn't get any stamp in my passport when I entered Argentina so I don't think they know when I entered but they saw my exit stamp when I was leaving Europe and they were asking me some questions.

Will I have any issues going into other countries like the USA. Will anyone know that I'm a criminal and overstayed in Argentina. Will I have problems coming back in Argentina in April?

Only asking for a friend.

Back