Explore, connect, thrive in
the expat community

Expat Life: Local Discoveries, Global Connections

Question to local members

November 2023 signed up. Fascinated that all the expats love my country. When I saw Milei would win Presidency I want to see what people think. Interesting perspectives here on this site. Good for read information on how people see Buenos Aires and read about economy. Also, good place to rant about frustration. One thing we all have in common is all we love Buenos Aires.

Signed up in November. When I moved to Buenos Aires no one really helped me at all and I thought it would be nice to help those moving here and also get the latest information on local happenings. Many times I don't agree with some on this forum and in life but I enjoy reading other perspectives on things.

I have no interest in meeting up with strangers but enjoy sharing information.

Joined in December. The board is fairly new. Enjoy helping others and sharing my opinions on things. Like to read different perspectives and I still learn things about Buenos Aires all the time even though I have lived here a while.

Was randomly banned from the old forum not to be named and looking for information on moving here, both for purchasing and becoming a resident/citizen. More permanent move will be delayed and still love reading what's happening here esp with the constant changes.

I joined in late November last year, after talking to a couple of people who post here - its nice to share news and opinions on things that affect us all............

Even though I have lived here for 15 years, I still learn something new every day

Signed up in January of this year. Everyone seems willing to share their experiences here. What I like is that everyone shares their expertise or experiences here. And the crazy thing is it can change drastically from one month to another.

Member since November. I agree things change every day. First came to the site to find out more about how President Milei would do and find out more about him. I like to read how expats see Argentina and how that changes over time. I try to help out when I have time.

Found the website before my first trip to BA in December 2023. Good content and helpful advice. Moderation policy seems reasonable. I read the drama about the old website. I find daily information on here. I fell in love with my Argentine girlfriend and now thinking about possibly moving here if I can work remotely. Good community of kind people.

I joined December 1, 2023 but mostly lurked and posted a bit on the old forum. But that old forum turned into a lot of unnecessary moderation and strange deletion of posts. I like the format and moderation better here. I am getting ready to leave Argentina but still check back from time to time on this forum to get the latest info.

Lurker since October but signed up just recently. I did the sharing of info by locals as well as expats. I stop by to gauge the temperature on some things. Everyone mostly seems nice to one another and civil. The occasional talk about communists, etc. but not too bad.

Why did you guys join expatsba? And why do you keep participating?
I joined ExpatsBA because my best friend moved down to BA as a digital nomad a few months ago. She keeps trying to get me to come down but all your good information has prevented me from coming and dealing with messes like mosquitos there. I have delayed my trip twice. In those 3 months so many things changed.

I keep participating because you all are helping me get over my feel of all the dog poop in BA. Lots of great info here you can't find somewhere else.

I signed up in December '23. Asked some questions about getting my DNI which were really helpful. I come to the website for validation when I have questions or not sure of something. Luckily there are great members there are willing to share info like @Jakoval and @Darksider415 on immigration issues.

Yes, others members that have lived here for many years like @Betsy Ross , @Vince , @Larry , @Avocado, @Scottishgaucho and @GlasgowJohn and @Wally always help out. And even the new members do their part to help out posting about exchange rates.

I don't qualify for a local but I joined up in December before my first trip here with my husband and 2 kids. My husband formally lived in BA many years ago when he was single. He worked for an oil exploration company. I found the website on a search and mostly lurk but I post once in a while. I was thinking about moving there but we hay wait and see how things will shake out with my hubby's job prospects in Argentina.

I keep learning something new each time I lurk and read or read something really funny. It's basically free entertainment for me.

Back