Explore, connect, thrive in
the expat community

Expat Life: Local Discoveries, Global Connections

Banking Opening a bank account

LenonGo

Hello everyone,

Got a quick question to ask; I’m a permanent resident and coming to BsAs in a few days. This time I want to open a bank account. As banks offer many discounts at supermarkets, shops and restaurants etc; would like to know which bank offers more perks? Hate to carry cash all the time as well and would be great to receive some discounts.

Also; can I open an account with a DNI only? Don’t have a bill under my name.

Many thanks

I recommend Galicia; I've dealt with BNA/Banco La Nacion, ICBC, Provincia, and Santander, and Galicia is the most competent. If you can show a source of income you can likely qualify for one of their more premiere service packs too.

Galicia ATMs up to $80k in $1000's at specially denominated ATMs...

Galicia universal account

Debit card,No fees, western union direct deposit....transfers in/out with other arg banks free too,just DNI to open online...
This definitely was the easiest to do. Thanks for those that posted about this. I had an account with HSBC for many years and they closed down my account a few years ago during COVID. I just went online and applied and it couldn't have been easier.

You just enter your DNI # and I did have to get a local phone line. After I got the local cellphone #, I had to enter a security PIN and they quickly sent an ATM card to my apartment within 5 days. I couldn't believe how easy it was. Their customer support seems to be open 24 hours a day. They always responded to my email messages when I had questions. I never even had to step foot into a bank which is what their goal is they say.

Back