Explore, connect, thrive in
the expat community

Expat Life: Local Discoveries, Global Connections

Politics Javier Milei responded to CFK: “What is the use of what we are doing? "It serves to rebuild the country that you destroyed." - Infobae

All the Answers

Javier Milei responded to CFK: “What is the use of what we are doing? "It serves to rebuild the country that you destroyed." - Infobae​

1714403307181.png

Source:

April 27, 2024

The former president questioned the Government for not having a stabilization plan or a fiscal surplus. “60% may have voted for you but if later people go hungry, what's the point?” She said at an event in Quilmes.

1714403404311.png
Cristina Kirchner and Javier Milei in the change of command

President Javier Milei responded this Saturday to Cristina Kirchner after the strong criticism she launched during the event she led in the Buenos Aires town of Quilmes. The former president questioned the Government for not having a stabilization plan or the fiscal surplus that she announced on the national network and for "subjecting the people to a useless sacrifice" , for which the leader of La Libertad Avanza rebuked on his social networks.

“People are starving because for decades you defended a model that was based on spending without limits and falsifying money to cover the hole. The result is a destroyed country with 60% poor. What good is what we are doing? It serves to rebuild the country that you destroyed,” said Milei.

Last Monday Milei defended his government's economic policy, just over four months into his administration, and announced on national television that the Government ended the first quarter with a fiscal surplus of 0.2% of GDP , for which met with a margin the goal set with the International Monetary Fund.

“This economic miracle of achieving a quarterly financial surplus after almost 20 years, having received the inheritance we received, responds to what those who want the failure of this government usually say, to an enormous extent to what we called a chainsaw during the campaign. ", and not as some say to the liquefaction of public spending, a method that has historically been used in our country," he stated.

1714403602852.png
He tweeted by Javier Milei

At the event, accompanied by Mayor Mayra Mendoza, Fernández de Kirchner questioned Milei's model, considering that "the people are being subjected to a useless sacrifice" and responded to the President about the national network in which he celebrated the fiscal surplus: " No, brother, you don't have a surplus, look at everything you owe.”

“On Monday the Base Law will be discussed, which is privatization, labor reform and tax reduction. When Néstor became president everything was private, even the retirements: YPF, Aerolíneas. I was a deputy and the plan permanently began in 2000, we had zero deficit and it fell the same due to the 2008 crisis,” he said.

He also referred to the legitimacy of the La Libertad Avanza government, which valued what was achieved at the polls, but pointed out against the management: “60% may have voted for you but if later the people go... hungry, will they? What's the point?" “This Government lacks a plan. It has no stabilization plan, look how I tell you. What the previous Government did have was convertibility sustained by the sale of national assets and debt. It only has an adjustment plan,” he warned and denounced that “more than an anarcho-capitalism, this is an anarcho-colonial government.”

The President has to give a direction to these policies. That the market has no flaws... What happened to prepaid? “He backed down and didn't resolve anything,” he said. “We are going to help you, if you want to make Argentina again where the riches are taken and eliminate the middle class, I am going to paint myself as avatars and paint myself light blue. “Not in a colony again,” he warned.

Back