Explore, connect, thrive in
the expat community

Expat Life: Local Discoveries, Global Connections

Politics Javier Milei described Alberto Fernández as a puppet and the former President responded: “His adjustment is inhuman, brutal and unnecessary” - Infobae

All the Answers

Javier Milei described Alberto Fernández as a puppet and the former President responded: “His adjustment is inhuman, brutal and unnecessary” - Infobae​

1714056309977.png

Source:

April 25, 2024

The president criticized his predecessor during his speech at the Libertad Foundation dinner for having relativized the economic achievements of the libertarian government

Javier Milei treated Alberto Fernández as a “puppet”

Former president Alberto Fernández responded to the criticism of Javier Milei , who described him as a “ puppet ” yesterday during his speech at the Libertad Foundation dinner . He did it through an extensive message published on his social networks.

“If the president referred to me as a 'puppet', I want to tell him that I am not, I was not, nor will I be . He should also know that my dog does not advise me (and is alive), that the 'forces of heaven' do not send me signals and that my actions and reactions are the result of reflection and not of psychological alterations ," Fernández stated in the beginning of the text.

Last night, in his speech, Milei pointed out: “Did you hear about the puppet? It was incredible, saying: 'Oh, what a puny adjustment . ' He left a deficit of more than 5 points of GDP. We took it to positive 0.2, and if they take it in annualized terms, we made an adjustment of 7 points of GDP. And the brash guy says 'insignificant result.'"

Regarding that reference, the former president replied: "Understanding that he has referred to a video that I uploaded to the networks in which it was pointed out who 'benefited from the impoverishing model of the past' , I must say that I fear that the president will continue to be informed by “Jumbo bot.”

The program agreed with the IMF established that in 2023 the National State must reflect a deficit of 1.9% . Finally, as a consequence of the drought and its effects on the economy, the fiscal deficit was 2.7%. This means that the deviation from the program was 0.8 pp,” he explained.

1714056429073.png
Alberto Fernández's publication in response to President Javier Milei
And he added: “In that scenario, where the industry was growing, unemployment was the lowest in the last 38 years , public works generated development, health, education and science and technology were financed by the State and led by experienced people in these matters, nor was there a hyperinflation of 15,000% as he stated when he took office, nor was the deficit 15% as he said before or 5% as he said now.

Milei's reference to Fernández, in his speech, was based on statements by the former president days ago, in which he assured that “ achieving an insignificant surplus at the expense of the State ceasing to fulfill its essential obligations is not the correct path. Health and public education have been pillars for our people. Let's not allow them to destroy them. “Enough of the lies.”

This is why Alberto Fernández used his latest publication to also clarify his statements. “ I didn't say that his adjustment is insignificant. His adjustment is inhumane, brutal and fundamentally unnecessary. What is insignificant is the false fiscal result that he claims to have achieved with such an adjustment and that he made known on a painful national network.

And finally, he sent a direct message to the leader of La Libertad Avanza: “ Enough lying President. It has already been proven that lies have short legs .”

1714056470256.png
Alberto Fernandez and Javier Milei at the Olive Grove (Maria Eugenia Cerutti/Argentine Presidency via AP)

Other reviews of Milei: Kicillof and Melconián​

Apart from Alberto Fernández, Milei mentioned in his speech the Buenos Aires governor, Axel Kicillof, and the economist Carlos Melconián. “That boy, who is in the province, the Soviet, says that it is an exaggeration,” defined the President, and questioned it because “they do not even know the calculation of what inflation is like, which is an exponential.”

In this way, Milei defended the government's economic plan by maintaining that " the fall in country risk predicts that the economy will rebound in the future, which is why they are so nervous and use noble causes to try to destabilize a government ." They know they are going to lose and they don't come back again. When the year ends we will have returned 15 points of GDP in savings to the private sector. Do you want to know how the economy is going to grow? "It's going to rise like a diver's fart . "

In another passage of his speech, there was applause and laughter, like when Milei pointed out without naming him against the economist. “But what do you want me to tell you, if there was someone who said dollarize. If there is no fideo and there is no tuco, noodles with tuco . He was wrong,” the President said in a mocking tone.

Back