the expat community

Expat Life: Local Discoveries, Global Connections

Politics Javier Milei: “Salaries have begun to beat inflation” - Infobae

All the Answers

Javier Milei: “Salaries have begun to beat inflation” - Infobae​

1714406089669.png

Source:

April 28, 2024

The President defended his government's economic policy and assured: “The numbers are improving, so it feels like it takes a little longer.” Furthermore, he responded to CFK, calling his speech “poor” and pointing out that Kirchnerism is “a bag of cats.”

1714406262132.png
President Javier Milei (REUTERS/Agustin Marcarian)

President Javier Milei defended his government's economic policy in the face of criticism from Cristina Kirchner and assured today that " wages have begun to beat inflation ." In turn, he described the former president's speech as “poor” and pointed out that Kirchnerism is “a bag of cats.”

“Regarding his other speeches, yesterday's was very poor. He is of notorious intellectual poverty. “It continues to embrace a model that destroyed Argentina ,” Milei considered, adding: “ They are nervous , every day it is more noticeable how inflation is going down.”

“The numbers are improving, so it takes a little longer to feel,” said the Head of State in dialogue with Radio Rivadavia , and added that, according to the consensus of analysts, inflation in April will be “single digits.”

When making a diagnosis of the economic indicators, he highlighted that there were “two weeks in a row of deflation,” and analyzed: “While it is true that we are in the worst moment of economic activity, the photos we are receiving are prehistory. Some indicators are hitting a floor. There are some sectors that are expanding, such as mining, oil, gas, agriculture.”

“On the other hand, non-durable consumer goods are stable. But the most interesting thing is that they are reducing the decline. If we add to that that salaries have already begun to outpace inflation, that will imply a recomposition of workers' income ,” he added. And he expanded: “ Mortgage credit has returned. That is the best sign that people are starting to do better .”

For the President, in this context, “Cristina Kirchner needs to regroup the entire troop. If you put together Cristina, Massa, Kicillof, that is a bag of cats , the same bag of cats that were governing and that those lack of coordination generated one of the worst governments in history. It is a desperate effort to try to unite and not enter a path that further complicates their electoral performance.”

It is a desperate act to keep alive a political movement that has done so much damage to the country .” “We would need them to at least become more rational, and not try to sustain themselves by clinging to a Planet of the Apes economy, to put it politely,” he considered.

Milei had already responded yesterday to Cristina Kirchner through the networks , after questioning him for not having a stabilization plan or the fiscal surplus that he announced on national television, and for "subjecting the people to a useless sacrifice."

“People are starving because for decades you defended a model that was based on spending without limits and falsifying money to cover the hole. The result is a destroyed country with 60% poor. What good is what we are doing? It serves to rebuild the country that you destroyed,” said Milei.

Cristina Kirchner's speech in Quilmes
At the event, accompanied by Mayor Mayra Mendoza , CFK questioned Milei's model , considering that “the people are being subjected to a useless sacrifice” and responded to the President about the national network in which he celebrated the fiscal surplus: “ No, Brother, you don't have a surplus, look at everything you owe .”

“On Monday the Base Law will be discussed, which is privatization, labor reform and tax reduction. When Néstor became president, everything was private, even the retirements: YPF, Aerolíneas. I was a deputy and the plan permanently began in 2000, we had zero deficit and it fell the same due to the 2008 crisis,” he said.

He also referred to the legitimacy of the La Libertad Avanza government, which valued what was achieved at the polls, but pointed out against the management: “60% may have voted for you, but if later people go hungry, "What's the point?" “This Government lacks a plan. It has no stabilization plan, look how I tell you. What the previous Government did have was convertibility sustained by the sale of national assets and debt. It only has an adjustment plan,” he warned and denounced that “more than an anarcho-capitalism, this is an anarcho-colonial government.”

The President has to give a direction to these policies. That the market has no flaws... What happened to prepaid? “He backed down and didn't resolve anything,” he said. “We are going to help you, if you want to make Argentina again where the riches are taken and eliminate the middle class, I am going to paint myself as avatars and paint myself light blue. “Not in a colony again,” he warned.

Other outstanding quotes from Javier Milei​

Facing Cristina (in 2027) would be wonderful, hilarious ; "It would be putting an end to one of the darkest stories in Argentine history since the dictatorship."

“We cut public works because it is a corruption scandal, and it is false that it generates employment, because it has to be financed with taxes.”

“The discretionary transfers to the provinces are over, the thing where governors have to kiss the President's ring in Buenos Aires is over.”

“It is false that when they say that the adjustment has nothing chainsaw and everything liquefaction. The tax adjustment is 5% points of GDP. A part with taxes, 1.5%, and 3.5% with reduced spending. And it only has liquefaction with an 11% reduction in expenses. 90% of the chainsaw adjustment ”.

“I am satisfied with all the work of my ministers. They are wonderful. Otherwise, I would have kicked them out.” “Minister (Sandra) Petovello is a machine for discovering acts of corruption all the time, she denounces them, takes them to Justice. "I am not willing to hand over a minister who is doing an exceptional job , ending all the work linked to social policies."

“The appointments of García Mansilla and Lijo go with a strategy that will lead to a Court that has a format that is more in line with respecting the Constitution, which is what we are looking for. The expectation is that both will pass.”

Back