Explore, connect, thrive in
the expat community

Expat Life: Local Discoveries, Global Connections

Certified official translators for English/Spanish in Buenos Aires

Betsy Ross

@StatusNomadicus was great to post this link for Certified official translators in Argentina. A friend just got a crazy quote for getting documents certified with official translations. I guess they are expensive but I didn't know there was a resource to find all the official and certified translators in Argentina. Great resource.

I think it has always been fairly expensive. I have known various people that have had to get things translated mostly when they sell properties and it was surprisingly expensive.
Yes it has always been relatively expensive to get certified translations. I always joked these translators make great money. I'm not sure what kind of volume they do but the fees on these are not cheap.

i can't find it on https://www.traductores.org.ar/matriculados/aranceles-orientativos/

...but one of the Translators i got a quote/"Presupuesto" from shared this screenshot of the 'ethical minimum' racket the College tries to screw all of you with (attached).

19,479 Pesos per page, average 500 words, English to Spanish (about $21 USD per page) - this can be discounted STEEPLY by asking for competition. like 1/3 of the price, and i'm sure if you had a Local friend you could push even more. these translations are simple 90% of the time, and there are online templates (but they likely have templates from their training).

the quote will look something like this:

At.: [name]
Encargo: traducción jurídica certificada + legalización ante Colegio de Traductores de la Pcia. de [province] de [#] documentos, a saber:
Tipo de documento:
1) Certificado de Antecedentes Penales (FBI), 2 fojas.
Honorarios traducción: $ 24354 + $ 10500 legalización (arancel del colegio de traductores)
2) Documentación bancaria [details, about 11 pages]
Honorarios traducción: $ 72000 + $ 10500 legalización (arancel del colegio de traductores)
Total final: $117,354 ARS/Pesos
Fecha de entrega: a convenir

-----------------
so, ~13 pages of mixed stuff for about $126 USD, or $9.75 USD per page. compare that with my first quote that was 373,000 Pesos, or the next one at 303,000 Pesos, and another at 185,000 Pesos for the same PDF documents 'interpreted differently' by other (scamming) translators.

@Avocado this is the price regular people pay when the Federal government requires a bottlenecked transaction; if there was no requirement for "Official Translation" and "College Legalization" these racketeers wouldn't be able to come together to scheme a made-up and exorbitant cost per page for very simple translations. i could spend 4 hours and translate these myself, if i had the chance, because it's a simple FBI Criminal History (that Migraciones has seen a million times and is standardized and easy to read even if you know zero English), and bank statements which are mostly numbers and thus universal. these are the evils of over-expanded government poisoning every aspect of everyday life where the bureaucrats always win and you always lose. it doesn't have to be this way, but we've all got a bit of Stockholm Syndrome in a sense, being raised that we need the Nanny State to monitor every aspect of life, and make 'fair regulations' as it said in Atlas Shrugged..."anti-dog-eat-dog regulations"

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    161.2 KB · Views: 1
i can't find it on https://www.traductores.org.ar/matriculados/aranceles-orientativos/

...but one of the Translators i got a quote/"Presupuesto" from shared this screenshot of the 'ethical minimum' racket the College tries to screw all of you with (attached).

19,479 Pesos per page, average 500 words, English to Spanish (about $21 USD per page) - this can be discounted STEEPLY by asking for competition. like 1/3 of the price, and i'm sure if you had a Local friend you could push even more. these translations are simple 90% of the time, and there are online templates (but they likely have templates from their training).

Encargo: traducción jurídica certificada + legalización ante Colegio de Traductores de la Pcia. de [province] de [#] documentos, a saber:
Tipo de documento:
Honorarios traducción: $ 24354 + $ 10500 legalización (arancel del colegio de traductores)
Honorarios traducción: $ 72000 + $ 10500 legalización (arancel del colegio de traductores)

-----------------
so, ~13 pages of mixed stuff for about $126 USD, or $9.75 USD per page. compare that with my first quote that was 373,000 Pesos, or the next one at 303,000 Pesos, and another at 185,000 Pesos for the same PDF documents 'interpreted differently' by other (scamming) translators.

@Avocado this is the price regular people pay when the Federal government requires a bottlenecked transaction; if there was no requirement for "Official Translation" and "College Legalization" these racketeers wouldn't be able to come together to scheme a made-up and exorbitant cost per page for very simple translations. i could spend 4 hours and translate these myself, if i had the chance, because it's a simple FBI Criminal History (that Migraciones has seen a million times and is standardized and easy to read even if you know zero English), and bank statements which are mostly numbers and thus universal. these are the evils of over-expanded government poisoning every aspect of everyday life where the bureaucrats always win and you always lose. it doesn't have to be this way, but we've all got a bit of Stockholm Syndrome in a sense, being raised that we need the Nanny State to monitor every aspect of life, and make 'fair regulations' as it said in Atlas Shrugged..."anti-dog-eat-dog regulations"
Thanks for sharing this @StatusNomadicus. Much of this stuff I don't think anyone even looks at. It's just an inefficient scam. So much inefficiency and waste in Argentina. Things like this make me crazy mad to no end. It's one of a million examples of how inefficient it is here. But if people find good people that will do it for a reasonable price please share the knowledge. I think that is the best way to combat this kind of thing. The professionals that maybe can do it for a lower price will figure out they can get all the business and make more money. But not many there think logically.

Tipo de documento:

-----------------

Highway robbery!!

here's a Cordoba Province translator that only charged me 111,000 Pesos ($120 USD, ish) for around 14 pages of translation/legalization to try to convince Migraciones of my Rentista Savings accounts. she speaks great English, met me at the Colegio de Traductores in Cordoba downtown, helped me get everything done in less than an hour, and then checked on me after (and recommended an accountant when i needed more red-tape bureaucracy stuff done for my tramite)

if you're in BsAs Province, you need to search for a registered translator in that province, not Cordoba.

here's a Cordoba Province translator that only charged me 111,000 Pesos ($120 USD, ish) for around 14 pages of translation/legalization to try to convince Migraciones of my Rentista Savings accounts. she speaks great English, met me at the Colegio de Traductores in Cordoba downtown, helped me get everything done in less than an hour, and then checked on me after (and recommended an accountant when i needed more red-tape bureaucracy stuff done for my tramite)

if you're in BsAs Province, you need to search for a registered translator in that province, not Cordoba.
Hope you're successful!

Back