Explore, connect, thrive in
the expat community

Expat Life: Local Discoveries, Global Connections

Translator from Colegio de Traductores de la Nación (English-German-Spanish)

Sunny

I read a post by Betsy Ross this morning, about translators and the ridículos prices that people have been paying. The certified translator we used was recommended by the owner of one of the Airbnbs we rented here in CABA. She's of British and German descent, we've been to her home in the Almagro neighborhood and also met her at the Colegio de Traductores (Corrientes y Callao). She's done several translations and legalizations for us (birth, marriage certificate, criminal record certificates, and some business documentation).

Her fees are what the Colegio de Traductores publishes monthly and she offered a discount because we needed more than one translation. We would pay half of the fee up front and the rest when she delivered the documents translated and legalized (which took just a couple of days). She is punctual and very responsible. I highly recommend her.

I read a post by Betsy Ross this morning, about translators and the ridículos prices that people have been paying. The certified translator we used was recommended by the owner of one of the Airbnbs we rented here in CABA. She's of British and German descent, we've been to her home in the Almagro neighborhood and also met her at the Colegio de Traductores (Corrientes y Callao). She's done several translations and legalizations for us (birth, marriage certificate, criminal record certificates, and some business documentation).

Her fees are what the Colegio de Traductores publishes monthly and she offered a discount because we needed more than one translation. We would pay half of the fee up front and the rest when she delivered the documents translated and legalized (which took just a couple of days). She is punctual and very responsible. I highly recommend her.
Thank you. I sent you a PM if you could send me her contact. Greatly appreciated.

I haven't had to get anything translated in a while. Are there big variations on prices? Are most just supposed to charge what the Colegio de Traductores advises? Do some charge more? It is good when you can find someone good. I'd love her contact info too if you're willing to share. My friend dealt with one that charged a high amount but he didn't know about the website list of all the available ones.

They are supposed to charge the fees the Colegio publishes, but I have heard that some charge more. Yesterday I told the translator that I wanted to share my experience here. She gave me permission to share her contact info. I'll send it to you via message.

Another great thing about this lady, she has been doing this for many years and many of her clients are expats so she is very familiar with all the trámites and was able to guide us through some confusing paperwork.

They are supposed to charge the fees the Colegio publishes, but I have heard that some charge more. Yesterday I told the translator that I wanted to share my experience here. She gave me permission to share her contact info. I'll send it to you via message.

Another great thing about this lady, she has been doing this for many years and many of her clients are expats so she is very familiar with all the trámites and was able to guide us through some confusing paperwork.
This very good. It nice when people share their referrals of good people.

Back