Explore, connect, thrive in
the expat community

Expat Life: Local Discoveries, Global Connections

Can anyone recommend an English-speaking Dermatologist in Buenos Aires for acne?

I would appreciate it if anyone could provide a recommendation for an English-speaking certified dermatologist in Buenos Aires. I have had bad acne my entire life but it's actually getting worse here since I arrived a few weeks ago. I'm not sure if it's the poor air quality but it's never been this bad. I can't speak any Spanish at all and I want to be able to understand the treatment plan so better if the doctor speaks English.

I hate to admit it, but I probably will stay here for a year or so. I saw the other posts about overstaying or doing a border run. I will do one or the other. I don't have any private healthcare insurance yet but I will look into it but will pay out of pocket cash in the meantime.

My skin has never been good but I got bit my a mosquito in my face and it was itchy and my face is a mess! Please help!

I also don't have any insurance but I paid out of pocket. I went last month to Hospital Alemán (German Hospital) and asked for a referral to an English-speaking dermatologist. I saw Dr. Alejandra Anabel Panizzardi. Her English was excellent! I paid 23,000 pesos for the initial consultation You should check what the cost is now as probably the cost went up with inflation. You will also have to pay for any medications or lab work. In my case, it was about $125 USD which included all the lab work, medicine, and another appointment for her to check the progress.

This would have cost a fortune in the USA with no insurance.

Google Maps:

My sister just went to Dr. Matias Maskin at Buenos Aires Skin. She raved about him. She didn't have any insurance either. She paid about $75 US Dollars for an initial consultation and treatment plan. I don't think that included any medicine. But she said he spoke fluent English. He is a graduate of UBA.

Google Maps

My sister just went to Dr. Matias Maskin at Buenos Aires Skin. She raved about him. She didn't have any insurance either. She paid about $75 US Dollars for an initial consultation and treatment plan. I don't think that included any medicine. But she said he spoke fluent English. He is a graduate of UBA.

Google Maps

Dr. Maskin is very very good. I have gone to him before and he is very good. Good patient rapport. Very professional physician.

I also don't have any insurance but I paid out of pocket. I went last month to Hospital Alemán (German Hospital) and asked for a referral to an English-speaking dermatologist. I saw Dr. Alejandra Anabel Panizzardi. Her English was excellent! I paid 23,000 pesos for the initial consultation You should check what the cost is now as probably the cost went up with inflation. You will also have to pay for any medications or lab work. In my case, it was about $125 USD which included all the lab work, medicine, and another appointment for her to check the progress.

This would have cost a fortune in the USA with no insurance.

Google Maps:

Thank you @Bride to Be. This sounds like a good option for me as I prefer a female doctor and she sounds perfect. The other doctor also sounds good so if I can't get in to see her then I will try him. Thanks for sharing the info.

Back