Explore, connect, thrive in
the expat community

Expat Life: Local Discoveries, Global Connections

Any experiences with Gay Dating Apps for Buenos Aires?

Spend Thrift

I am a 68 year old American gay expat that just moved here. I have to admit I'm a bit clueless on many matters. But fortunately I have a personal assistant to help me. I don't speak a word of Spanish and I'm not sure at my age if it's worth it. I'm from the Seattle area but I recently sold my home and planning to live out my days in Buenos Aires if possible.

I heard the gay scene here is very good in Buenos Aires. Any personal experiences to help out this "flaming hot Cheeto"?

Hello,
First of all, age is never a problem, I fervently believe that love can come as a surprise at any moment. I understand that searching for dating apps can be exciting and, at the same time, challenging. In Argentina, there are several popular options for the LGBTQ+ community. Some apps you might consider are:

Grindr
Grindr was born as an exclusive platform for young and not so young homosexuals who want to flirt.
This famous application allows you to include a large profile with different pictures and chat with all those guys who are close to you; in fact, it orders users according to their proximity to you. You can add to favorites, send images privately and hire an "xtra" service if the free usability is not enough for you.

Bender
It's ad-free, offers unlimited messaging completely free and instantaneously and is again based on geolocation, so it can't help but be an interesting alternative.
It's only for gay guys and the similarities with Grindr are great so, if you've grown tired of the former app's audience, maybe you can use this one.

Manhunt
Do you remember the Manhunt dating site? Well, the application offers exactly the same but in the form of a mobile platform. From here you can manage your messages, find profiles similar to yours, gossip to see who is online and contact them (be careful, there is no instant communication in Manhunt, it's not like Grindr - here it's like sending emails).
On the plus side are the search filters, where you can insert what kind of man you are looking for either by weight, age, height and so on.

Romeo
Do you remember the GayRomeo website? Like Manhunt, it is a dating platform that allows you to find different profiles of gay guys who might match your tastes. As with the third app just mentioned, it is not possible to start a chat with all those you feel attracted to, but you can send them a similar message by email.

Scruff
Imagine you get tired of Grindr because you find most of its audience boring; well, with the same functionality but completely different registered users, we found Scruff. If you're looking for a fireman, military guys or designers, you've come to the app you've been looking for.
Again, your smartphone's GPS will be used to find the men who are closest to you, so you can have a good time.

Surge
Launched in 2015, it has become one of the trendiest apps for the gay community.
Surge focuses on connecting people who share similar interests and sexual orientations. It offers typical dating app features, such as creating profiles, finding people nearby, and making connections.

Each has its own features, so you could explore them to see which one best suits what you're looking for.

I have tried some of them and I can tell you that Grindr for me is the best, because of its functions I think it is the most complete and friendly!

Remember to always be authentic to yourself and take your time to get to know people. Good luck in your search 🙌

Hello,
First of all, age is never a problem, I fervently believe that love can come as a surprise at any moment. I understand that searching for dating apps can be exciting and, at the same time, challenging. In Argentina, there are several popular options for the LGBTQ+ community. Some apps you might consider are:

Grindr
Grindr was born as an exclusive platform for young and not so young homosexuals who want to flirt.
This famous application allows you to include a large profile with different pictures and chat with all those guys who are close to you; in fact, it orders users according to their proximity to you. You can add to favorites, send images privately and hire an "xtra" service if the free usability is not enough for you.

Bender
It's ad-free, offers unlimited messaging completely free and instantaneously and is again based on geolocation, so it can't help but be an interesting alternative.
It's only for gay guys and the similarities with Grindr are great so, if you've grown tired of the former app's audience, maybe you can use this one.

Manhunt
Do you remember the Manhunt dating site? Well, the application offers exactly the same but in the form of a mobile platform. From here you can manage your messages, find profiles similar to yours, gossip to see who is online and contact them (be careful, there is no instant communication in Manhunt, it's not like Grindr - here it's like sending emails).
On the plus side are the search filters, where you can insert what kind of man you are looking for either by weight, age, height and so on.

Romeo
Do you remember the GayRomeo website? Like Manhunt, it is a dating platform that allows you to find different profiles of gay guys who might match your tastes. As with the third app just mentioned, it is not possible to start a chat with all those you feel attracted to, but you can send them a similar message by email.

Scruff
Imagine you get tired of Grindr because you find most of its audience boring; well, with the same functionality but completely different registered users, we found Scruff. If you're looking for a fireman, military guys or designers, you've come to the app you've been looking for.
Again, your smartphone's GPS will be used to find the men who are closest to you, so you can have a good time.

Surge
Launched in 2015, it has become one of the trendiest apps for the gay community.
Surge focuses on connecting people who share similar interests and sexual orientations. It offers typical dating app features, such as creating profiles, finding people nearby, and making connections.

Each has its own features, so you could explore them to see which one best suits what you're looking for.

I have tried some of them and I can tell you that Grindr for me is the best, because of its functions I think it is the most complete and friendly!

Remember to always be authentic to yourself and take your time to get to know people. Good luck in your search 🙌
WOWEE! Thank you @Flaming Hot Cheeto ! I will try these and report back to you. Are you Argentine? I do like spicy cheetos.

FYI I use Grindr in Buenos Aires and it's quite good! I have found that people in Buenos Aires don't get so emotional about sex like the USA where I have a few hookups with men on Grindr. But that is in California.

FYI I use Grindr in Buenos Aires and it's quite good! I have found that people in Buenos Aires don't get so emotional about sex like the USA where I have a few hookups with men on Grindr. But that is in California.
Thank you @Soytoy I will check it out. I never get emotional. I will check it out this weekend. I don't know if it's slow with the holidays but I'll try and post back!

Back