Explore, connect, thrive in
the expat community

Expat Life: Local Discoveries, Global Connections

Is Tinder popular in Buenos Aires? If not, what is the most popular dating App?

Tinder is not popular. You won't find pretty real girls there. I have heard stories of women taking advantage of men just because of being foreigners, so be careful. If you want to hook up, then use tinder, If not, follow me on twitter and join my matchmaking. I will find you a wife in Argentina if you want to.
I disagree with you. Tinder is very good. I meet my American husband on Tinder here in Buenos Aires. I don't know what you mean "take advantage" but I did take advantage of the chance to meet good American guy on Tinder. It worked out for me. My husband first use it to hook up but he never expected to find such a good wife! I "trick" him good! Ha.

Excellent, @Esposas !

I met my wife at a conference in Bs As, 15 years ago. One of my business colleagues introduced me to her on a conference side trip on the ferry to Colonia.

Still here. No apps, no nothing and we are still together!
I also met my Porteña wife the old-fashioned way. It was at a dinner party through some friends. I have to say she did trick me! I thought she would be fun, easy-going and carefree. Instead she was difficult, complained all the time, and a royal pain in the arse! Needless to say we are divorced. Generally I found Porteñas more difficult than your average Latina. I prefer girls from Brazil or just about any other country than Argentina. Still, nothing quite like a good pain in the arse! I have an old novia from Buenos Aires I just reconnected with so BA may be back in my sights.

What can I say, I'm a sucker for a pain in the arse!

Before traveling to Buenos Aires I downloaded the app "Tandem" I had heard that it was very popular to meet people from all over the world, actually the application aims to cultural exchange and language learning, but I must confess that I met there an Argentinian who left me in love, of course we met and shared many outings during my stay there, the good thing about this app is that you can set it in travel mode and choose the country of destination to have chances to meet someone during the trip, so it was a very positive experience for me since I don't usually use dating apps and this app seemed to me that it went beyond that! :)

Before traveling to Buenos Aires I downloaded the app "Tandem" I had heard that it was very popular to meet people from all over the world, actually the application aims to cultural exchange and language learning, but I must confess that I met there an Argentinian who left me in love, of course we met and shared many outings during my stay there, the good thing about this app is that you can set it in travel mode and choose the country of destination to have chances to meet someone during the trip, so it was a very positive experience for me since I don't usually use dating apps and this app seemed to me that it went beyond that! :)
I use Tandem, I love it! there I am trying to improve my Spanish while I meet people from many countries, currently I speak almost every day with three people two from Argentina and one from Colombia, talk often and send audios also by the app makes me get used to the language, it has many functions such as correction, you really learn and at the same time share experiences with other people..and if you also meet the love of your life! haha you never know....so that's great! I recommend it.

I used Tinder while I was in Buenos Aires and it works really well. I have found it's better if you can speak some Spanish. Most of the educated girls speak some but I met a lot that didn't speak any Spanish. Just depends what you're looking for. The girls I met were hot.

Tinder is alive and well. My bro just came down from USA and used it. He scored a dinner date and has another date with the same girl this week. She is smoking hot.

Back