Explore, connect, thrive in
the expat community

Expat Life: Local Discoveries, Global Connections

Economy Will good times finally come for the economy?

expert

"The government is promoting a regime of greater freedom to import, considering that the greater supply of products will also help to lower inflation, especially in tradable products such as food and clothing. The fall in the real exchange rate also boosts purchases of imported products."

This seems to be a good start, I am still hopeful.

Even the IMF expects a recovery next year, let's hope that all this great sacrifice people are making today will be worth it tomorrow.

Milei has a tough job ahead of him, I wouldn't want to be in his shoes....

“Until the exchange market is released and reunified, I do not see there being a significant reactivation of the economy,” Cavallo warned in a talk with the CEO of Cocos Capital, Ariel Sbdar . “A recessive climate and even a tendency to be depressive, a prolonged recession, will follow . Only after these changes and a stabilization plan is announced will the economy stop declining,” he warned.

He has a really difficult job but knew that going in and made a plan and following it. A few distractions here and there but he is doing a good job. He wants to be in his shoes and if this keeps up we will have 8 years of him and we will see if there was a monumental change for Argentina.

We all have faith and wish him the best, but the reality is that many people who supported him today are not doing well, so I just hope that all this will be worth it and it won't take as long as you say to see at least a few changes.

Back