Explore, connect, thrive in
the expat community

Expat Life: Local Discoveries, Global Connections

Newcomer Starlink in Argentina

joshuaN

Has anyone tried to order starlink? I have seen that it is already available in Argentina, although the prices are not affordable I have read that it reaches unsuspected areas. I also imagine that the quality of service is much better than any other currently available in the market.

Has anyone tried to order starlink? I have seen that it is already available in Argentina, although the prices are not affordable I have read that it reaches unsuspected areas. I also imagine that the quality of service is much better than any other currently available in the market.

You would not order this living in Buenos Aires. Buenos Aires has a lot of fast internet options that are cheaper. I think this is mostly being ordered for rural areas where there is no signal or connection. I don't know if this makes sense to use in BA. Although it is super cool.

My friend has been traveling down in Patagonia where she said that some areas didn't have good service. It would be great for out there. I don't think prices are too bad from what I am reading.

I think this is great news for those areas where the service is very bad or null, this will make more areas to be connected and not feel isolated, very good option.

I think this is great news for those areas where the service is very bad or null, this will make more areas to be connected and not feel isolated, very good option.
For sure this is excellent news for those living in rural areas where there is no options. Much of Argentina has no internet access so this would be wonderful.

Back