Explore, connect, thrive in
the expat community

Expat Life: Local Discoveries, Global Connections

National Vaccination Calendar

Melody13

Thanks for the info on the Dengue Fever risks. I am heading on a trip to Iguau Falls and heading on the Brazil side. I heard that there is an even bigger risk in Brazil of this. But I'm not so sure as there are so many mosquitos in BA. Is the vaccine safe and considered effective? Has anyone had a Dengue Fever vaccination in Buenos Aires? Any ideas where one might go to get it with no health insurance? Any idea of costs if I have to pay?

Thanks for the info on the Dengue Fever risks. I am heading on a trip to Iguau Falls and heading on the Brazil side. I heard that there is an even bigger risk in Brazil of this. But I'm not so sure as there are so many mosquitos in BA. Is the vaccine safe and considered effective? Has anyone had a Dengue Fever vaccination in Buenos Aires? Any ideas where one might go to get it with no health insurance? Any idea of costs if I have to pay?
It looks like you can get a vaccination at this clinic below. It's just a walk in clinic. I don't believe you need an appointment but you can reach out to them and call them on their toll free # of 0810-444-VACUNAR (8228). On this website it says they are effective and safe but you will need to determine your own comfort level - https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC9938735/#:~:text=In summary, the TAK-003,8 countries over 57 months.

It looks like you can get a vaccination at this clinic below. It's just a walk in clinic. I don't believe you need an appointment but you can reach out to them and call them on their toll free # of 0810-444-VACUNAR (8228). On this website it says they are effective and safe but you will need to determine your own comfort level - https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC9938735/#:~:text=In summary, the TAK-003,8 countries over 57 months.

I got my Dengue Fever vaccination at the Vacunar Clinic. It was quick and easy and I didn't have to pay for anything with my health plan. I'm not sure what the cost is if you don't have a plan. You should call in to that # and see. Also, you can go to this private clinic below where they also do vaccinations but it probably will be more expensive so I'd try Vacunar first.

friendly reminder that all vaccines have risk/benefit decisions, and you should always always always read the manufacturer's insert before letting anything get injected into you

and the nurse/tech ought to aspirate for blood (pulling back on the plunger) before injecting, to prevent a very small chance of injecting into your capillaries instead of muscle
But to be fair it says on CDC website this below. I have been vaccinated against the childhood diseases. I would consider CDC to be safe. But these days I am not getting more vaccines.

† Formaldehyde is diluted during the vaccine manufacturing process, but residual quantities of formaldehyde may be found in some current vaccines. The amount of formaldehyde present in some vaccines is so small compared to the concentration that occurs naturally in the body that it does not pose a safety concern.

I got my Dengue Fever vaccination at the Vacunar Clinic. It was quick and easy and I didn't have to pay for anything with my health plan. I'm not sure what the cost is if you don't have a plan. You should call in to that # and see. Also, you can go to this private clinic below where they also do vaccinations but it probably will be more expensive so I'd try Vacunar first.

Has anyone else got the Dengue Fever vaccine at Vacunar? How much does it cost if you don't have any insurance plan?

Has anyone else got the Dengue Fever vaccine at Vacunar? How much does it cost if you don't have any insurance plan?
I called the Vacunar Clinic and they charge 70,000 pesos if you are privately paying. I would have done it but that is a bit pricey and hopefully the mosquitos situation will improve here shortly.

@Digital Nomad on the show Shot in the Dark, the question is asked "how much formaldehyde is safe for a newborn" and zero doctors will answer it (hint: no mercury or aluminum or formaldehyde is safe for such a tiny human). if you'd consider CDC to be safe after 2020-2023, then you're in a completelyyyyyyy different group of humanity than i'm in, and there's likely nothing i could say or show that would convince you otherwise :p

@Digital Nomad on the show Shot in the Dark, the question is asked "how much formaldehyde is safe for a newborn" and zero doctors will answer it (hint: no mercury or aluminum or formaldehyde is safe for such a tiny human). if you'd consider CDC to be safe after 2020-2023, then you're in a completelyyyyyyy different group of humanity than i'm in, and there's likely nothing i could say or show that would convince you otherwise :p
Many vaccines have been proven safe and effective against many diseases. It would be wrong and irresponsible to try to say that vaccines are harmful. Everyone has to decide for themselves on risks/rewards.

Back