Explore, connect, thrive in
the expat community

Expat Life: Local Discoveries, Global Connections

Banking Get USD in Santiago, Chile

Lenono

I'm going to Santiago, Chile, soon and I wanna try to get USD there with my ATM or Credit Card from a Swiss account. Anybody has done it before and can tell me which bank to go to? Don't feel like wasting to much time looking around so thanks for giving me a specific hint

(I know this might have been discussed at some point already but I don't feel like searching through the forum)

I did it at Scotiabank ATM, really easy. They give you the option for either Chilean pesos or USD. And with my Bank of America account I didn't get any fees because the following banks have a membership where you don't get charged: Scotiabank (Canada and South America), Bank of America, BNP Paribas (France), Deutschbank (Germany), Barclays (England), and Westpac (NZ and Australia)

I did it at Scotiabank ATM, really easy. They give you the option for either Chilean pesos or USD. And with my Bank of America account I didn't get any fees because the following banks have a membership where you don't get charged: Scotiabank (Canada and South America), Bank of America, BNP Paribas (France), Deutschbank (Germany), Barclays (England), and Westpac (NZ and Australia)
Great news...! Question how much $$ per extraction...?
Thanks

I've withdrawn US dollars before as well there. I've never been able to take out more than $400 US at a time but as mentioned before, it just depends what your daily withdrawal limit back home is.

For example, mine is about $2,000 per day and I could withdraw multiple times at the same machine.

I've done it at a few including HSBC's ATMs. I think I used Scotiabank as well as lucha54 mentioned they are a partner with Bank of America so they waive the ATM withdrawal fee.

Back