Explore, connect, thrive in
the expat community

Expat Life: Local Discoveries, Global Connections

Newcomer Gay Bars in BA

Dimitri

I'm familiar with almost all the gay clubs (La Warhol, Amerika, Jolie, Puerca, etc.), but I don't have much knowledge about bars. I've been to Feliza, but it seems too political and surprisingly expensive. Also, I noticed that people don't really get involved in the activities. Do you know of any other bars with a similar theme in the city?

My friends go to PEUTEO in Palermo Soho, they always speak very well of the place.

Casa Brandon can be good at times, although it tends to get a bit political. Check out the cultural activities scheduled for a particular day and see if you'd be interested in attending. I haven't been to Maricafé yet, but it seems more my style. I've moved past the nightclub and bar scene fever; they say it's nice, and they have some performances in the late evening. In the microcentro, there used to be one in a basement that was famous for many years as the only gay-friendly option during the day, but I think it has closed down. Or it might have transformed into Cosmopolitan, which I'm not familiar with.

I remembered that there's a bar called Glow Up on Independencia; it's quite lovely.

But I just read on their instagram that this weekend is the farewell, apparently they are closing their doors due to the situation in the country. ;(

Back