Explore, connect, thrive in
the expat community

Expat Life: Local Discoveries, Global Connections

Banking Credit Card real-world rate "MEP" transaction repo (Dec2023)

Attachments

• atm.jpg
    atm.jpg
    21.7 KB · Views: 0
You were there?
yeah, i actually started planning my BsAs trip after Milei won (i'm a History/Economics student, and a Libertarian for most of my adult life)

Let us know how the turn out is.
will do! won't bring my dog like i did at the inauguration, for the 25May Pact; CBA/Cordoba is quite riddled with wild dogs, and i've had to kick my fair share. CABA in the touristy/nice areas is actually nice, without having to be on-guard against perros callejeros all the time. i guess in this sense, BsAs is different from the rest of Latin America, without the omnipresent wild dog pack barking and scaring you. and pepper spray is illegal in Argentina, which is annoying because it's nice to have when walking my dog

before 2023
i've wanted a second passport since i first started reading Sovereign Man reports, and following Doug Casey (International Man), around 2012 or so. my hope for the USA has been declining, although i think the Free State Project in NH could be cool, or a Texas/Texit secession. but after seeing the COVID lockdown hysteria, i think 75% of people are just too influenced by the TV Man, and the next stock market/housing/commercial real estate/economy crash is going to be worse than 2008. and the resulting federal government expansion will make me happy i'm not living there.

the goal is to get all assets in crypto and renounce US citizenship once i have a second passport. but these things take time (would be much easier if you want to have a baby in another country, or get married to a citizen)

if you've been following Roger Ver's renunciation and arrest, you know all of this is quite risky...lay low! and don't travel through Spain if you think the IRS is after you

i've wanted a second passport since i first started reading Sovereign Man reports, and following Doug Casey (International Man), around 2012 or so. my hope for the USA has been declining, although i think the Free State Project in NH could be cool, or a Texas/Texit secession. but after seeing the COVID lockdown hysteria, i think 75% of people are just too influenced by the TV Man, and the next stock market/housing/commercial real estate/economy crash is going to be worse than 2008. and the resulting federal government expansion will make me happy i'm not living there.

the goal is to get all assets in crypto and renounce US citizenship once i have a second passport. but these things take time (would be much easier if you want to have a baby in another country, or get married to a citizen)

if you've been following Roger Ver's renunciation and arrest, you know all of this is quite risky...lay low! and don't travel through Spain if you think the IRS is after you

I don't know the laws of the USA when renouncing but it seems like these guys really were evading taxes. So isn't it rightly so that they get arrested? I am reading online about many people that want to get a 2nd passport to pay no taxes and renounce citizenship but most of these people sound very poor with no assets to begin with. What am I missing?

But @Sunny do you root more for a stronger blue dollar? I would think no matter what, anyone living on a fixed income would secretly be wishing for a very strong blue dollar. Yes?
At least in my situation I do want to see things in Argentina improve but I do want to see a stronger blue dollar. Many feel like the peso is artificially too strong. I am hoping to see a blue dollar around 1,500 pesos to $1 US.

Back