Explore, connect, thrive in
the expat community

Expat Life: Local Discoveries, Global Connections

Conan O'brien Must Go -- Argentina

Thanks for sharing this. I saw in the news that he was in Argentina but people said that some radio station paid for him to come but that was probably fake news. Let me know if you watch the full one and how it is and worth signing up for HBO Max.
Just finished watching the Argentine episode and not to spoil it, but it's not just Conan there, there's other cameos as well. Let's just say it was prett-ay, prett-ay, prett-ay good :)

ETA: In fact there's even an appearance of somebody who looks just like someone that has your same first name Larry lol

Last edited:
Can some of my US frIEnds tell me who this guy is? Is he famous in USA , or in the state where he was born ?
He was most famous for being a the host of Late Night w Conan O'brien, a nightly show where there would be a monologue(mainly jokes about current events), then random skits, finishing with interviews with celebrities. Also was one of the main writers on the Simpsons, back in the early days when it was at its peak.

Just finished watching the Argentine episode and not to spoil it, but it's not just Conan there, there's other cameos as well. Let's just say it was prett-ay, prett-ay, prett-ay good :)

ETA: In fact there's even an appearance of somebody who looks just like someone that has your same first name Larry lol
I will have to check it out. He has some funny stuff but I wasn't some huge fan or something.

Conan is a has been. I thought he died. Before you mentioned this I thought he died in a drug overdose.

Anyone seen this yet. I don't watch much TV shows anymore but am a huge Conan fan. Worlds are colliding now and will subscribe to Max just to check it out.

He was in Buenos Aires last year when I was in town. I was wondering what he was doing. I saw him on some local TV station but I wasn't paying too much attention. I hope his new show does well.

Redheads with a A Conan Personality............................................................
He's not for everyone. Self-deprecating, goofy looking and at times over-the-top and awkward I didn't like him initially as well. But what probably appeals most is he seems to enjoy interacting w normal everyday folk.

Back