Explore, connect, thrive in
the expat community

Expat Life: Local Discoveries, Global Connections

Changes in the SUBE: users who do not have it registered will have to pay up to $589

Some people give privacy concerns but I don't really get that. I think the vast majority of people use it just to go to and from work daily. I wonder what % of people don't register their cards.
There is really NO reason not to register your card. Maybe some people that are on government assistance programs that are claiming they don't work or can't find a job are afraid of getting tracked with their activity and losing benefits or something.

That's right. I don't understand why some people do not want to register their SUBE cards. I thought everybody would.
Many things in this country make no sense. Sometimes someone will tell someone not to do it for X reason and ignorantly their friends won't. I don't know anyone that hasn't registered.

Many things in this country make no sense. Sometimes someone will tell someone not to do it for X reason and ignorantly their friends won't. I don't know anyone that hasn't registered.
I have totally experienced this as well where someone will hear a rumor and then tell their friends. I will say that makes NO sense but people believe what they want to believe. Much to their detriment.

Back