Explore, connect, thrive in
the expat community

Expat Life: Local Discoveries, Global Connections

Changes in the SUBE: users who do not have it registered will have to pay up to $589

Avocado

Look at Milei's crazy increase in Subte rates!

Make sure you register your Subte card for lower rates.

www-diarioconvos-com.translate.goog

Cambios en la SUBE: los usuarios que no la tengan registrada tendrán que pagar hasta $589

La Secretaría de Transportes oficializó cambios en la Tarjeta SUBE que regirán desde el mes de febrero, con un aumento del boleto mínimo de, al menos, un 250%. Según la resolución publicada hoy en el Boletín Oficial, los usuarios de transporte público deberán “nominalizar su tarjeta SUBE”, es...

Look at Milei's crazy increase in Subte rates!

Make sure you register your Subte card for lower rates.

Cambios en la SUBE: los usuarios que no la tengan registrada tendrán que pagar hasta $589

La Secretaría de Transportes oficializó cambios en la Tarjeta SUBE que regirán desde el mes de febrero, con un aumento del boleto mínimo de, al menos, un 250%. Según la resolución publicada hoy en el Boletín Oficial, los usuarios de transporte público deberán “nominalizar su tarjeta SUBE”, es...
Thank is a HUGE % increase. My maid was complaining about it and guess who she asked to pay for it?

Here is another article on the subte increase here:

Thank you. I see you need to register on this website below. Does anyone know if there is a way to register with a passport # if you don't have a DNI or permanent resident ID #? I click on Registrarla (register) but it won't take a passport #. I met an American that said they had registered their passport but I just assumed it was website but it doesn't work.

Thank you. I see you need to register on this website below. Does anyone know if there is a way to register with a passport # if you don't have a DNI or permanent resident ID #? I click on Registrarla (register) but it won't take a passport #. I met an American that said they had registered their passport but I just assumed it was website but it doesn't work.

But unless I'm mistaken, is there any advantage to registering? I thought they were only providing discounts to people that were low income, the elderly or retired or assisted living? Is there any advantage to registering your Subte card if you don't fall into one of these groups? Does anyone know for sure? I asked a few people and they didn't know. They told me they didn't think tourists or non locals got discounts.

But unless I'm mistaken, is there any advantage to registering? I thought they were only providing discounts to people that were low income, the elderly or retired or assisted living? Is there any advantage to registering your Subte card if you don't fall into one of these groups? Does anyone know for sure? I asked a few people and they didn't know. They told me they didn't think tourists or non locals got discounts.
From what my local friends tell me that starting February 1 the rates are going up if you don't register. They tell me that I can register my Sube card with my passport but you have to do it at a Sube service center. It's worth doing as the rate is going up about 250%! It all adds up. I figure worth doing.

You can go to this website to see the Sube Centers.

My friend said you can also register your Sube card with your foreign passport by calling 0800-777-SUBE (7823) option 3 or in person at any of the SUBE service centers but they don't speak English so your Spanish should be very good. I haven't tried this so not sure. Another friend said you should take your passport to a service center.

The main office is in the Retiro station.

Just an FYI, I went to the main Subte office at the Retiro station yesterday morning and there was a very long line of people waiting to register their card. If I had to guess there were probably about 175 people in line.
You don't need to rush to do it before February 1. I was watching the news last night and they said people with the unregistered Sube cards now have until April 1, 2024 to register them. This very good to give people more time. They will get the lower price and the same price as unregistered cards.

The computer system break down because of all the people trying to register online. System crash so only way is to go to sube center. That is why lines are very long there due to system crash.

You don't need to rush to do it before February 1. I was watching the news last night and they said people with the unregistered Sube cards now have until April 1, 2024 to register them. This very good to give people more time. They will get the lower price and the same price as unregistered cards.

The computer system break down because of all the people trying to register online. System crash so only way is to go to sube center. That is why lines are very long there due to system crash.
Thank you for this! I was wondering why I couldn't register my card. I tried on the Sube app but it wouldn't work and I can't getting an error message. This must explain it. Now I know.

This seem crazy we have to register sube card in our own name? Why they need this? They want to track where we go? I don't understand this? It big privacy issue for me. I thought Milei want government out of people lives. Seems very strange.

Agreed. I understand if they want to give some discount to people that are poor but I still don't understand why they need my details to ride the subway and if I don't give them I have to pay a higher price. Doesn't make sense to me?

This entire system sounds like it's going to crash and they are rushing and not prepared. I tried to top off my Sube card yesterday and they weren't accepting payments. Maybe with inflation the prices are much higher than the system ever envisioned they would have to charge. I'm not sure. But I tried to pay 3,000 pesos a few days ago and they had to do it in partial payments/loads. It is good news on their delay of implementing the higher fees for unregistered cards but right hand doesn't seem to know what left hand is doing.

FYI I registered my Sube card at the link below with my US Passport #. Just go to this website and click on Registrarla and then there is a Whatsapp link on the right hand side. You can communicate with them and they will add your Passport # to register you. Just keep in mind they don't speak English so you may want someone to help you. But I did it and it worked.

FYI I registered my Sube card at the link below with my US Passport #. Just go to this website and click on Registrarla and then there is a Whatsapp link on the right hand side. You can communicate with them and they will add your Passport # to register you. Just keep in mind they don't speak English so you may want someone to help you. But I did it and it worked.

I registered my Sube card yesterday at the Recoleta Village Mall. It took me just 3 minutes and in and out. I didn't have an appointment and no lines at all. It is on the 4th floor of the Mall.

I never will register mine as I like my privacy. Who knows what they are doing with that information and why do they want to know where I am coming and going?

I never will register mine as I like my privacy. Who knows what they are doing with that information and why do they want to know where I am coming and going?
Does it really matter where you are taking the Subte? It's not like they will know where your coming or going from. This fear seems a bit strange but to each his own.

Back