Explore, connect, thrive in
the expat community

Expat Life: Local Discoveries, Global Connections

Visas Can a 30-week pregnant woman enter Argentina on a tourist visa?

This is a troubling question. Troubling question about Argentina? no. Troubling about healthy traveling? no. Troubling about the husband of the pregnant woman?.....umm

can my wife Enter in Argentina after 30 weeks pregnancy on Tourist visa?
I'm not a lawyer, but as far as I know there are no official restrictions beyond some pedantic argument over tourism vs. healthcare visa usage. That being said, migraciones has not been taking kindly to pregnant women entering Argentina lately, especially Russians, and I wouldn't mention it, or wear clothing that makes it clear that she's expecting while going through EZE/AEP.

Yes, its happening as we speak all the time. There are a lot of Russians coming to Argentina either pregnant or having kids here. I have a tenant in one of my Airbnb's that fits this profile now. Argentina makes it very easy for Russians to come which I don't think is a bad thing.

Unlike a lot of their South American counterparts, many of these Russians as far as I can see can easily support themselves and have $$$.

Good call that many Russians are discovering Argentina as a top destination to emigrate to.

I have definitely noticed a trend of seeing and hearing more Russians in restaurants. Also walking on the street. I think it is a big positive that Argentina is allowing Russians to move here. My friend in Mexico City said there are a lot there too.

We showed our PH in Villa del Parque to a Russian couple last week for a year-long rental.

She was eight months pregnant - nice people but I think she was nervous about our place as it has stairs and the baby may start to climb up and down.
That seems to be a strategy for the Russians to come when they are pregnant so the parents can easily get citizenship here in Argentina. I read that it is much easier to get citizenship once you have a kid born here. I have also noticed more Russians around BA lately.

We showed our PH in Villa del Parque to a Russian couple last week for a year-long rental.

She was eight months pregnant - nice people but I think she was nervous about our place as it has stairs and the baby may start to climb up and down.
Hi @GlasgowJohn. How is the long-term rental market? I have been reading it is picking up but is there much demand at all? Is your target audience locals? Is interest strong now?

Good call that many Russians are discovering Argentina as a top destination to emigrate to.

Well it should be noted that some are getting rejected now at the airport. I have a Russian friend that is 6 months pregnant and was coming for this same thing and she was rejected at the border so she had to go to Brazil instead. She said she will try to come through a land crossing now but EZE is being more careful.

Our neighbor was doing illegal short-term rentals on Airbnb and we got them to stop it. Our new neighbor is a nice Russian couple. No baby but they tell us they want to try and try their luck at staying in Argentina long term.

Hi @GlasgowJohn. How is the long-term rental market? I have been reading it is picking up but is there much demand at all? Is your target audience locals? Is interest strong now?
The long term rental is tough right now . Our property has never been empty in the last 8 years. Ours is a big property with great outside terraces. But we are finding it difficult to rent out and we hve only shopen th eproperty to two different families.

We are actually considering selling it , to be honest.

Other people close buy in smaller properties tell me it is very difficult in the monoambiente and in the one bedroom category as well.-

I meet some nice Russian family that move by my neighborhood. Nice people that told me they just want to live in peace without conflict. I think Argentina is a good place for that. My country very neutral and want avoid the problem. We have enough problems in our country.

The long term rental is tough right now . Our property has never been empty in the last 8 years. Ours is a big property with great outside terraces. But we are finding it difficult to rent out and we hve only shopen th eproperty to two different families.

We are actually considering selling it , to be honest.

Other people close buy in smaller properties tell me it is very difficult in the monoambiente and in the one bedroom category as well.-
Thanks for that intel @GlasgowJohn. I was wondering now since the market was dead last year and then Milei changed the law and it caused a lot of inventory to come on the market. My friends that own in Recoleta, Palermo and Belgrano had properties that got snapped up on long-term rentals but I was wondering how some other neighborhoods were doing.

Villa Del Parque is a fine area but too far out to do Airbnb with tourists. I imagine locals are feeling the pinch with the economy so I wondered how some long-term rentals are going further out of the hotspots. Prices are heading up but most of the demand we are seeing is in the predictable places like Palermo, Recoleta and Belgrano.

I hope you're doing well.

Thanks for that intel @GlasgowJohn. I was wondering now since the market was dead last year and then Milei changed the law and it caused a lot of inventory to come on the market. My friends that own in Recoleta, Palermo and Belgrano had properties that got snapped up on long-term rentals but I was wondering how some other neighborhoods were doing.

Villa Del Parque is a fine area but too far out to do Airbnb with tourists. I imagine locals are feeling the pinch with the economy so I wondered how some long-term rentals are going further out of the hotspots. Prices are heading up but most of the demand we are seeing is in the predictable places like Palermo, Recoleta and Belgrano.

I hope you're doing well.
Thanks @earlyretirement - we are well! Or only problem is lack of rental income - last year 1000 a month provided lots of nice things - This year nothing!

We have always rented dueño directo but are looking at putting it with a real estate company. Both of us are working fairly hard and showing a property that is 70kms a way is a hassle.

We are also considering selling it as its just time consuming at the moment.

Thanks @earlyretirement - we are well! Or only problem is lack of rental income - last year 1000 a month provided lots of nice things - This year nothing!

We have always rented dueño directo but are looking at putting it with a real estate company. Both of us are working fairly hard and showing a property that is 70kms a way is a hassle.

We are also considering selling it as its just time consuming at the moment.
Ouch. Being far I would try to use a realtor. All of our friends during the past year pulled their properties from the market but once Milei changed the law they found tenants and locked in USD. But they are in Palermo which has a lot of demand. Good luck. It is frustrating to have an empty place without renting it.

Back