Explore, connect, thrive in
the expat community

Expat Life: Local Discoveries, Global Connections

Politics Argentina’s president announces economy deregulation as thousands protest austerity - LA Times

Uncle Wong

I'm glad the protests 2 days ago were just peaceful protests. For sure everyone is frustrated by the poor economy that Milei inherited from previous regimes. It will be a painful next few months.

I went to the protests and it was very peaceful. I was proud to stand up for the rights of my people. Milei is doing much harm to my country.

Were they all on the sidewalks? Ha!
Ha. Ha. I saw some news the other day. I can't speak Spanish so I didn't know what they were saying but these protesters were blocking cars during a red light and then moving at green. I didn't really understand that but at least they weren't blocking traffic!

amazing how great society is when laws are enforced, for once!

@Uncle Wong you will see that the piqueteros were oblivious to hyperinflation until the TV-Man-says-he's-bad guy is the president and cuts-off their Welfare Mafia ;)
I'm proud of my people. Yes true we had high inflation but people could still pay for transportation to and from work. My friends and family could pay their medical healthcare. Now we will have to cancel it. We did not have hyperinflation but now we might have with Milei. Milei make many thing wrong for us very quickly. How will people pay to come to work? Pay for medical care. Pay for their rents. We do not make USD yet we are now expected to pay rent in USD.

Back