Explore, connect, thrive in
the expat community

Expat Life: Local Discoveries, Global Connections

Newcomer Working remote in Buenos Aires as a Digital Nomad - Can you rent office chairs and monitors? Or Co-working options?

Digital Nomad

Hey everyone! Happy holidays! Just found this forum on Twitter. So, my husband and I are super excited to land to Buenos Aires on January 15, 2024 and bounce out on March 10 (so just shy of 2 months). During this stretch, we're gonna mix in some remote work with weekends, holidays, and maybe a random day off here and there. Our spots in Palermo all have cool work areas and good internet, but, unfortunately, no fancy office chairs or big monitors like we use at home.

Quick question time! First up, any places around here that rent out office chairs and computer screens for a whole month or 2 at a time? And second, any nearby workspaces for those super important moments? I heard about WeWork in Buenos Aires, but they're mostly downtown. Any chance there's one closer to Palermo Hollywood?

And, just throwing it out there, if anyone's got the lowdown on working remotely in BA, spill the beans! Tips and tricks are totally welcome. I've dropped some advice in the Boston forum, so I get how awesome it is when folks share their wisdom. Thanks in advance for any info!

I was just down there. I couldn't find any place that rents out office chairs. My airbnb had a horrible chair but as expected the owner didn't do anything and I didn't honestly expect her to. There are all sorts of blogs online.

Check out this girl that has a website and IG.

I went to this place that an American owns.

@earlyretirement told me about this place that has locations in both Soho and Hollywood but I never checked it out but you can check out their website:

I was just down there. I couldn't find any place that rents out office chairs. My airbnb had a horrible chair but as expected the owner didn't do anything and I didn't honestly expect her to. There are all sorts of blogs online.

Check out this girl that has a website and IG.

I went to this place that an American owns.

@earlyretirement told me about this place that has locations in both Soho and Hollywood but I never checked it out but you can check out their website:

Area Tres is great. I had a large office for many, many years but after my company got acquired back in 2010, I got a private office at Area Tres. The owner, Martin is a great stand-up guy. I don't know if they are all booked solid but you can call or email them. The prices weren't the cheapest for a private office but it was great and I had a secretary there. Maybe the general walk-in is ok for you but again, rates are not as cheap as you would think for Buenos Aires prices.

I heard good things about Urban Station but never used them. I believe the Soho location went out of business or closed but you can check with them. But there are several locations around Buenos Aires. Hollywood, Downtown, San Telmo.

As far as your Airbnb, your owner should be able to tell you exactly how fast it is. They can easily do a Speedtest check and in fact, Airbnb has a new feature that you can test and upload via Airbnb app the exact speed. The owner needs to take the time to do this but I do this in my properties. Read all the Airbnb reviews to see if there are complaints about the Internet speed. Many owners of Airbnb get the absolute cheapest service to save money. And upgrading is not always as simple as just offering to pay. Sometimes the company has to come out. Also, many times service goes down in the hot summer months when they have rolling black outs occasionally.

My son has been working remotely from Buenos Aires for a while now, since 2019 so before COVID and it's been pretty cool for him to be near me. COVID here was a nightmare getting locked down and not able to go out. That part sucked!

My son set up shop in an Airbnb I rented for him. The internet here is super fast, especially if you're in the touristy parts of the city like Recoleta. or Palermo. I get a crazy fast 300+Mbps download and 120Mbps upload on my fiber connection – even faster than what I get back home in the USA.

He said he used Zoom mostly for video calls, but also Teams, Webex, and Google Meet. No issues chatting with folks from Europe, the US, or Asia. There's a tiny delay when he calls back, but it's not a big deal. No one even notices that he is working from a different country.

As long as you find a place with a good fiber Internet connection, you're golden. Just make sure the Wi-Fi router is close to your workspace. Some folks don't get how important that is for a solid connection.

I can't say much about shared workspaces, but be ready to bring your own stuff. Monitors here are crazy expensive. Don't expect a fancy 4K screen – you'd be lucky if the Airbnb even has a monitor, to be honest.

Oh, and here's a cool tip: get a backup 4G connection. Power cuts happen, especially in the summer when everyone's blasting the airconditioning. He got 25GB on Claro for 30 days, and it was a no-brainer at 3,000 pesos. Just in case, you know?

I love this forum. I learn something new every day. I live in Buenos Aires all my life and didn't know about this places. Sometimes the Internet in my home go down. I don't know if I can afford but it is good to know about this option.

Claro provides a prepaid tourist plan offering 25GB for one month at a cost of $7000. The process to acquire it is straightforward; simply visit any Claro branch and explain that you want to purchase the tourist plan. Activation is immediate.

I hope this information is helpful!

Claro provides a prepaid tourist plan offering 25GB for one month at a cost of $7000. The process to acquire it is straightforward; simply visit any Claro branch and explain that you want to purchase the tourist plan. Activation is immediate.

I hope this information is helpful!
Wow, sounds like they have gone up 100%+ from 3,000 pesos to 7,000 pesos. Great to know about another option if my wifi goes down.

Does anyone know how much Urban Station charges? That looks like a GREAT co-working spot. I see they have a few locations around Buenos Aires.

Our office reached out to Urban Station on pricing and they immediately contacted us back. Here is the pricing for their Palermo Hollywood location. Pricing is different for their other locations. Each location manages their own pricing for memberships.

These are the services and prices we can offer you at our Palermo Hollywood location (Prices valid as of December 28, 2023 and subject to change):

💻 OPEN SPACE: individual workstation in shared coworking space.

- Hourly rate: $1,200
- 5 hour pass (consecutive): $4,800
- Day pass: $7,200

- Monthly membership (unlimited hours): $56,000 x month
- Monthly membership, two days per week: $30,600 x month
- Weekly pass: $26,400

💡 These prices are individual and include:
- A place in the shared space to work
- High speed Wi-Fi
- Coffee Break with coffee and snacks included.
- Use of common spaces (terraces, kitchen).
- Internal parking for bikes
- 30 free prints (monthly membership)

💳 We accept credit cards, debit cards, MercadoPago, cash and transfer.

Let us know any questions or if you need more information.

📍 Bonpland 1823, Palermo Hollywood
⏰ Monday to Friday from 9 am to 8 pm.

Our office reached out to Urban Station on pricing and they immediately contacted us back. Here is the pricing for their Palermo Hollywood location. Pricing is different for their other locations. Each location manages their own pricing for memberships.

These are the services and prices we can offer you at our Palermo Hollywood location (Prices valid as of December 28, 2023 and subject to change):

- High speed Wi-Fi

Thanks for checking! Those rates are very reasonable! I think for my private office at Area Tres I was paying $1,000 USD per month but that was a long time ago and I had a full private office with secretary. I wonder what something similar would cost here?

- High speed Wi-Fi

Thanks for posting the rates! I contacted them before via email and never heard back on rates. They seem quite reasonable.

FYI my sister went today and the prices already have been increased today a few days later. (Prices valid as of January 4, 2024).

For a personal space, these are the services and prices that we can offer to you in our Palermo Hollywood branch:

💻 OPEN SPACE: personal work space in the shared space of the coworoking.

(These prices are in ARS and already include taxes)

- 1 hour: $1.500
- 5 hour pass: $6.000
- Daily pass: $9.000

Memberships:
- Monthly membership: $72.600 per month
- Monthly membership, two days per week: $39.800 per month
- Weekly pass: $34.200

Prepaid cards (they can be shared and do not expire):
- 10 hours: $13.500
- 20 hours: $25.500
- 40 hours: $48.000

These prices are per person and include:
- One work place in the shared space of the coworking
- High speed Wi-Fi
- Coffee Break with coffee and snacks included
- Use of common spaces (terraces, kitchen)
- Internal bike parking
- 30 prints included (monthly membership only)

We accept credit cards, debit cards, MercadoPago, cash and transfer.

Please let us know if you have any further questions!

⏰ Monday - Friday, 9:00 to 20:00

Kind regards,
Gonzalo

Back