Explore, connect, thrive in
the expat community

Expat Life: Local Discoveries, Global Connections

Newcomer Where to see "Sierras" in Buenos Aires?

EmilyJ

I'm putting together my travel itinerary and compiling a list of places to visit in Buenos Aires. I've heard that you can see the Sierras just a few kilometers from the city, and I'd love to know where exactly. I appreciate your help in advance.

Welcome!
I have heard that the Sierras are in the cities of Tandil and Sierra de la Ventana, I have been told that Tandil is the city of the best Salami hahaha a very important fact :)

The Sierra de la Ventana is a fantastic option to catch sight of some mountains near Buenos Aires. It's about 560 kilometers southwest of the city. You'll find stunning landscapes, impressive rock formations, and loads of outdoor activities like hiking, rock climbing, and bird watching. The Cerro Ventana stands out with its famous rock formation resembling a natural window. Plus, there are waterfalls, streams, and plenty of flora and fauna to explore around. It's a hotspot for nature lovers and outdoor enthusiasts seeking a break from the city hustle.

1708976104251.png1708976122937.png

I hope you enjoy visiting these places!

Hello!
From Buenos Aires, Sierra de la Ventana can be reached by bus leaving from Retiro Station every day except Saturdays.

The town of Tornquist, about 50 km from Sierra, can be reached by train from Constitución Station, on certain days and schedules.

Back