Explore, connect, thrive in
the expat community

Expat Life: Local Discoveries, Global Connections

Newcomer Wenance CEO arrested in Palermo accused of scam who owes $297 million in bad checks - Ponzi scheme still in 2024?

legend

Following the case of Argentina's largest fraud by Enrique Blacksley, owner of Hope Funds and dubbed the "Argentinian Madoff," orchestrating 311 scams based on the notorious Ponzi scheme, Alejandro Muszak emerges as the country's second most significant swindler. Fortunately he was arrested today.

Ponzi scheme still in force in 2024, it's unbelievable! people should be alerted of this type of scams.

I thought these kind of plans were no longer in effect. :oops:

A Ponzi scheme is a type of financial fraud that involves paying investors in a non-existent venture with funds raised from new investors.

To be alert.

Yes, you'e right! Nothing that promises so much in such a short time can be real..... I am sorry that eight thousand people have lost so much money....

Yes, you'e right! Nothing that promises so much in such a short time can be real..... I am sorry that eight thousand people have lost so much money....
The number is probably much higher than that. Many people probably haven’t reported it.

Back