Explore, connect, thrive in
the expat community

Expat Life: Local Discoveries, Global Connections

Politics The President redoubled his criticism of Lali Espósito: “If you like peaches, ignore the fluff. "I'm not going to stay silent." - Infobae

Lucia

The President redoubled his criticism of Lali Espósito: “If you like peaches, ignore the fluff. "I'm not going to stay silent." - Infobae

1708012397460.png

Source:

February 15, 2024

Javier Milei attacked the artist again to question the funds that the provinces allocate to holding cultural shows. The singer's premonitory message and what she said recently

Javier Milei against Lali Espósito
President Javier Milei today decided to redouble his criticism of Lali Espósito for her public recitals and assured: “Who started this? I? She started. If you like peaches, ignore the fluff . Do you want to be handsome? Ask me to answer you. Can you attack me and I can't answer? Do you want to play with me? I'm going to answer you, I'm not going to stay silent."

Along these lines, and in statements to La Red radio , the president added: “If you want to attack you have to be clean, if you are a parasite who lived sucking on the State's breast, and if your opinions are in line with a political space that “You paid for the performances, you are a propaganda mechanism, you are not an artist .”

In another passage of the interview, the President returned to the nickname he used yesterday, in an interview with LN+, to refer to the singer: What are the priorities (of the governors)? "Feed people or fill Lali Depósito 's pocket and have her criticize me at a festival." “Lali Depósito was left, because she lives off the tax payers at the expense of the children's hunger,” he concluded.

avier Milei criticized Lali Espósito: "She charged from several governments"

The origin of the fight​

How dangerous. How sad" . On August 13, 2023, at 11:08 p.m., Espósito wrote four words on his X From him account. Minutes ago it had been confirmed that La Libertad Avanza had been the force with the most votes in the primary elections. The concrete possibility of Milei becoming President was an unexpected political shock and, with that, the repercussions from all sectors did not stop growing.

Six months have passed since that day, Milei finally took office as President and, far from being forgotten, that dispute with the singer grew, much more so due to the cuts that the Government has been making in the funds it sends to the provinces. and the criticisms that the president himself has been making of the public funds that are allocated for the organization of cultural festivals.

A few days ago, during her first presentation at Cosquín Rock, Lali made a strong statement amid the criticism she has been receiving from La Libertad Avanza militants, mainly on social networks. At one point during her presentation, she starred in the most viral moment of the night: the local pop queen changed the lyrics of her song “Who are they?” and she pointed out against all the hate that she had experienced weeks ago: “ I do live off the State .”

The artist's words came in the middle of Milei's trip through Israel and Italy, the latter country where he participated in the canonization of Mama Antula and, later, he was received by Pope Francis in a private audience that lasted more than an hour .

Yesterday, on his return to Argentina, the President once again placed the focus of his criticism on what he understands to be a poor use of public funds by the governors, in the midst of the strong disputes over the cut of funds allocated to transportation subsidies. In that context, he picked up the glove and pointed it directly at the singer.

“When Córdoba builds Cosquín Rock, which is private, it gives them a billion pesos in subsidies. All the artists who were there, for example Lali 'Depósito', received money from the State. But Lali Depósito collected money from several governments. In one of the recitals she earned 350 thousand dollars. So, are you willing to finance those expenses against the VAT that takes food from the poor kids of Chaco? To finance that culture you are going to put it on…two thirds of the children are in conditions of poverty,” Milei said yesterday during an extensive interview with La Nación + .

Attack on social networks​

Beyond the interview, Milei continued today with her public dispute on social networks, specifically on X, where she replied and liked several messages that supported her statements, and even accused the artist of not singing live at her shows.

As usual, the President had an active participation in networks in the early hours of this Thursday, with a common denominator: criticism of Lali.

One of the messages that the President reposted on his X account is an illustration generated by Artificial Intelligence in which the singer is seen running with a bag of money and, behind, children in a clear state of hunger, in reference to the Milei's sayings about “the poor boys of Chaco.”

Also, the President replied to a message from a user named Stanley from 56% “Lali DEPÓSITO told him. "He is the best president in the history of humanity," says the message from a user named Stanley from 56%, who also replied to the President with an image in which Espósito is seen singing hugging a sack of dollars in the middle of what looks like be poor who listen to it.

1708012926115.png
Even this morning he responded to a message published last night after the interview, which claimed that Lali Espósito charged “133 thousand dollars for singing for 40 minutes in La Rioja.” “On top of that they tell me that 'the great artist' does not sing but rather she plays back (sic) ...”, wrote the president.

Another like from Milei on

1708013113948.png
“The recitals that the provincial governments give to Lali Depósito are financed with the VAT on the food of the poor children of Chaco,” was another of the posts that Milei liked today.

From La Libertad Avanza they also came out to publicly support the President's position regarding the artist.

“You are not against culture when you ask to live it in a climate of freedom of cultural choice. "You are against culture when the state takes over it to decree what culture is and impose a cultural election from a committee of bureaucrats with funds from the people," deputy Bertie Benegas Lynch wrote in his X account.

“It is not a political persecution, we are telling Argentines how the “art” business works while more than half of the country is hungry. If it bothers them, it is because they know well that what they are doing is wrong,” was the message from Ramiro Marra, Buenos Aires legislator.

Support for Lali and the gesture of the singer's boyfriend​

The nickname used by Milei quickly went viral on networks, with messages that supported the president's idea and many others who came out in defense of the artist. Even journalist Jorge Rial started a campaign on X: “Let's put @lalioficial in our avatar. May she feel that today we are all of us. We must stop this presidential harassment. It is serious,” he wrote.

1708013159671.png

Another of those who came out in defense of the singer on social networks was the music producer Daniel Grinbank, who made a particular reading of what is happening: he assured that the dispute will provoke “million-dollar proposals” to make a documentary about the “incessant persecution of her,” and said that what the President is doing is “a real drama.”

1708013207718.png
Ricardo Mollo , the iconic leader of Divididos, also used social networks to defend his colleague and, also, the culture. “The only 'power' that artists have is 'being able' to bring joy to those who enjoy that art... Let's not deviate from what is important. We are not the socioeconomic problem of this, our country ,” the musician published on his Instagram stories, in a message accompanied by a photo of Lali Espósito singing during one of the national team's matches in which the World Cup title was celebrated. of Qatar 2022.

1708013249742.png

Among the messages in defense of the artist that circulated on networks, there were also several that recalled that the President's girlfriend, Fátima Florez , also participated in repeated public shows organized in different places in the country.

Even union members came out to support Lali: “Do they have to go to work for free? They are artists and they have to get paid,” Pablo Moyano said today in statements to Radio El Destape when asked about the controversy. Even the leader of the Truckers union said that “a president who is on Twitter all day is not serious.”

Surprising was the defense of the artist made by Congresswoman Carolina Píparo , who was the candidate for governor of the province of Buenos Aires for La Libertad Avanza, although she seems to have distanced herself from the Government after her vote against a couple of sections during the debate. in particular the Omnibus Law.

“Personalizing and attacking an artist for decisions made by other politicians is wrong. Personalizing and attacking an artist from the power of the State is asymmetrical. It’s not there,” Píparo wrote on his X account.

Although Lali Espósito has not yet referred to the criticism she received from the President, there was a message from her boyfriend, Pedro Rosemblat , at the same time that Milei's interview on LN+ was taking place : on his Instagram account, the journalist posted a close-up photo of the singer with a heart.

Back