Explore, connect, thrive in
the expat community

Expat Life: Local Discoveries, Global Connections

Newcomer The 3 decisions that happy people prioritize in their lives, according to Harvard expert

florenceb

I found this note very interesting, you can translate it with the google translator extension.

“the happiest people enjoy their lives, get a lot of satisfaction from their activities, and have a clear purpose in life.”

Then I must be the happiest person in the entire universe! 😆 Then again, what's happiness?
I am about to embark on this. Thinking about moving back to NYC to be near my folks. We moved here for my wife to do that many years ago but now mine are older and having health issues so we may move back to the States later this year. The older I get the more I realize as long as you are near people you love and that love you, that is the most important thing.

Then I must be the happiest person in the entire universe! 😆 Then again, what's happiness?
Everyone has their own definition, but one of my favorite is Naval Ravikant's - happiness is peace in motion.

I am about to embark on this. Thinking about moving back to NYC to be near my folks. We moved here for my wife to do that many years ago but now mine are older and having health issues so we may move back to the States later this year. The older I get the more I realize as long as you are near people you love and that love you, that is the most important thing.
At the end of what you're referring to, it's all about happiness, family, affection, good moments, and enjoying the little things...

I agree that money can help provide a better life, but it doesn't guarantee happiness in itself. I'm hearing more and more stories of people who, despite having a lot of money, can't find happiness due to various factors like not finding a purpose in life, lacking emotional bonds with family, or simply feeling very lonely. That's why it's important to value simplicity, especially relationships. Bonds and experiences shape individuals; without them, we're just machines for generating and spending money.

Back