Explore, connect, thrive in
the expat community

Expat Life: Local Discoveries, Global Connections

Dexter

My temporary residence of one year expires in mid-December. Not sure if I care (or can for that matter) renew it. If I travel home for the holidays and and try to re-enter in January (for 90 days) would I have issues? Since I will entering under a different category my guess is 'no' (last time I was 'turista' was back in 2018), but wonder if my logic makes sense. I don't intent to do visa runs beyond those 90 days.

Also how viable is the "citizenship" path without a permanent DNI after having spent 2+ years in Argentina (I have spent 3-4 year here already; 2-3 as turista and 1 as temp resident) ? I have a DNI but only a temp one so the process would have to go before a federal judge and take (1 year?) a lot of time to get a decision. I read that NOW judges are unwilling to grant citizenships unless one is a permanent resident first. What's the latest you have heard?

Thanks!

DNI expired every 10 years more or less. What is going to be expired is the “working permit”.

Citizenship is possible but not for amateurs nowadays.

The best to re enter is to do it from Uruguay.
My temporary residence of one year expires in mid-December. Not sure if I care (or can for that matter) renew it. If I travel home for the holidays and and try to re-enter in January (for 90 days) would I have issues? Since I will entering under a different category my guess is 'no' (last time I was 'turista' was back in 2018), but wonder if my logic makes sense. I don't intent to do visa runs beyond those 90 days.

Also how viable is the "citizenship" path without a permanent DNI after having spent 2+ years in Argentina (I have spent 3-4 year here already; 2-3 as turista and 1 as temp resident) ? I have a DNI but only a temp one so the process would have to go before a federal judge and take (1 year?) a lot of time to get a decision. I read that NOW judges are unwilling to grant citizenships unless one is a permanent resident first. What's the latest you have heard?

Thanks!

Your message is totally unclear , don't bother...!
The website try to describe the citizenship application but the use the word nationality that in our legal system means permanent residency which requirements are completely different.
So, please do not quote official websites of the Executive Power because Citizenship is granted by the Federal Judicial Power.

@bwyonsea What is the benefit of having Citizenship there vs. just permanent resident? I can't think of any benefits besides being able to get an Argentine passport. Are there? Thanks in advance.

@bwyonsea What is the benefit of having Citizenship there vs. just permanent resident? I can't think of any benefits besides being able to get an Argentine passport. Are there? Thanks in advance.

Back