Explore, connect, thrive in
the expat community

Expat Life: Local Discoveries, Global Connections

Newcomer Parties at Club Museum - San Telmo

Museum was the first club I ever went to in Buenos Aires over 15 years ago it makes me happy it's still around so many great memories there. I'd like to go 1 more time for nostalgia but I would feel very old
Ha! I didn't know this was still around. I also went about 15 years ago or so. That is wonderful it is still around. Know how you feel @HannibalLector! I'm too old for the place now.

I learned a hard South American lesson from Museum 15 years ago, met a girl there and took her back to my temporary apartment. She stole my passport, cash, and anything else of value she could fit in her handbag i was too drunk to notice until it was too late. Still love that place and wouldn't trade the memories for the world

I learned a hard South American lesson from Museum 15 years ago, met a girl there and took her back to my temporary apartment. She stole my passport, cash, and anything else of value she could fit in her handbag i was too drunk to notice until it was too late. Still love that place and wouldn't trade the memories for the world
Wow. Crazy that she took your Passport. Did she drug you or you were just drunk? Materials can always be replaced. Glad you can look back and laugh about it.

You are not alone with this type of thing. It is rare but it happens. Many years ago back in 2008, we had a rental client. He was a gay male. He picked up a guy he met at Museum and the same thing happened to him. He was renting an apartment from my company. The guy was very drunk and admitted that to us. We aren't sure if he was drugged but he said he drank quite a bit.

The apartment he was renting didn't allow you to leave the building without having a key to the lobby door. So the worst thing is he not only got robbed but he had to call our office to have someone bring over a key so he could leave the building. The guy he was with stole all his cash, his laptop, his cellphone and some other things.

The worst thing is a few days later he went out to another bar/club and the same thing happened to him. At least you learned your lesson @HannibalLector and I'm sure it never happened again. This guy that rented from us it happened twice in a week! Needless to say we didn't feel sorry for him the 2nd time.

Wow. Crazy that she took your Passport. Did she drug you or you were just drunk? Materials can always be replaced. Glad you can look back and laugh about it.

Nah I was just extremely naive and complacent, we were laying in bed then she had to go to the "bathroom" it didn't occur to me until the next day she took 15 minutes in the "bathroom" because she was loading her handbag to the brim

You are not alone with this type of thing. It is rare but it happens. Many years ago back in 2008, we had a rental client. He was a gay male. He picked up a guy he met at Museum and the same thing happened to him. He was renting an apartment from my company. The guy was very drunk and admitted that to us. We aren't sure if he was drugged but he said he drank quite a bit.

The apartment he was renting didn't allow you to leave the building without having a key to the lobby door. So the worst thing is he not only got robbed but he had to call our office to have someone bring over a key so he could leave the building. The guy he was with stole all his cash, his laptop, his cellphone and some other things.

The worst thing is a few days later he went out to another bar/club and the same thing happened to him. At least you learned your lesson @HannibalLector and I'm sure it never happened again. This guy that rented from us it happened twice in a week! Needless to say we didn't feel sorry for him the 2nd time.

Very true I learned fast and made sure that I've never put myself in that position since

Nah I was just extremely naive and complacent, we were laying in bed then she had to go to the "bathroom" it didn't occur to me until the next day she took 15 minutes in the "bathroom" because she was loading her handbag to the brim
Don't feel bad. I had an experience like this about 25 years ago in Amsterdam. I was in the Redlight District and had just finished seeing a girl and I was taking a shower. I also had too much to drink. The next day when I was taking the train to Belgium I went to pay for a coffee and I noticed that 300 Euros was missing from my wallet. I determined she stole it while I was showering. Live and learn. It never happened to me again.

Back