Explore, connect, thrive in
the expat community

Expat Life: Local Discoveries, Global Connections

For Sale Need A Clothes Dryer Recommendation

MDirtBoy

I'm looking for a clothes dryer. Can you give me your personal experience with particular brands of dryers here? Quality of construction, drying ability, etc?

Many thanks!

I'm looking for a clothes dryer. Can you give me your personal experience with particular brands of dryers here? Quality of construction, drying ability, etc?

Many thanks!
Don't get the all in one dual washing machine/dryer because they take FOREVER. If you have the room, buy a separate dryer. I can't remember the brand I had before but it was very good and I had no issues or problems with it other than my apartment wasn't vented so I had to put it in the kitchen and have the exhaust go out a long hose with a stocking on the end.

I don't see many on the market these days. Just looking on Garbarino I don't even see any dedicated dryers.

One thing I would DEFINITELY recommend is stay away from anything that is imported. I know now that is easy as I'm not sure anything is even for sale that isn't made in Argentina.

But I went bad on myself before and bought top of the line Ariston washing machines or dryers that were expensive and a small part would break or the door that in any other country you could buy a replacement part.

Not so in Argentina as they would hold up the $1.99 part in customs and it would be impossible to fix. Only buy something if it's made there in Argentina and parts can be obtained easily.

I've been on the lookout every time I visit a Garbarino or a similar store, but I haven't come across any front-load dryers. It's possible I might be checking the wrong places, but the only types I've noticed are the smaller cylinder ones. I did find some old dryers for sale on MercadoLibre, but they seem to be ex-laundromat machines, and I'm a bit hesitant to take a gamble on those.

Currently, there's a lack of standalone hot air dryers in the market. The available options are primarily the washer/dryer combination machines. I personally own one, and it functioned flawlessly for three years. However, I encountered a challenging situation when it broke three times within a span of three months. Despite being under warranty and manufactured in Argentina, the replacement parts were imported, leading to a lengthy wait of 30-45 days for their arrival. The specific brand in question is CANDY. It was not a particularly enjoyable experience.

Yeah, like David my wife told me we had a Candy Brand dryer. It was one of the only ones on the market at the time (this was a few years ago). We used it for several years with no problem at all and then we gave it to her mom.

I'd try mercado libre and the other places. But that Candy brand was good and we didn't have problems with it. But good luck finding one now.

Back