Explore, connect, thrive in
the expat community

Expat Life: Local Discoveries, Global Connections

Zoesalidor

I need to buy a couple of things such as washing machine, a clothes dryer, a microwave, and two or three TVs.

I am looking for good quality, but at the same time ideally I would like to
  • pay in cash (or bank deposits)
  • a seller that gives discount given the quantity of items
  • As a bonus: ideally no invoice .... I have no DNI (in some places that could be a problem if they need to issue an invoice; although I could probably give some name that would be interested in having an invoice in their name)
I would appreciate any recommendations

I need to buy a couple of things such as washing machine, a clothes dryer, a microwave, and two or three TVs.

• As a bonus: ideally no invoice .... I have no DNI (in some places that could be a problem if they need to issue an invoice; although I could probably give some name that would be interested in having an invoice in their name)
Easy
Garbarino
Fravega
Perhaps one of the larger Carrefour locations

Easy
Garbarino
Fravega
Perhaps one of the larger Carrefour locations
I think Garbarino went bust last year.

Today i went to Fravega: i compared the prices to Mercadolibre and they seem to be more expensive (at least on the articles i was interested in). On top of that, not really the kind of stores where you get a discount for buying a lot of stuff

I think Garbarino went bust last year.

Today i went to Fravega: i compared the prices to Mercadolibre and they seem to be more expensive (at least on the articles i was interested in). On top of that, not really the kind of stores where you get a discount for buying a lot of stuff
Garbarino did not "go bust last year". They shut down most of their locations, but there are still 4 stores open, including the one on Uruguay.

You're already getting about a 70% discount, it's called the Blue Dollar discount

Garbarino did not "go bust last year". They shut down most of their locations, but there are still 4 stores open, including the one on Uruguay.

I stand corrected then ....

You're already getting about a 70% discount, it's called the Blue Dollar discount
This is a rather adventurous calculation you are making here ... Are you taking the difference between the blue and the official and dividing this by the official? If the blue is double the official rate, then you get to a discount of 100% (i.e. free)? On top of that, why would the official rate bear any relevance to me. It is pure fiction.

Anyway, I thought I might give a quick update / summary on how I proceeded. I ended up buying almost all my stuff in Delta (https://delta.com.ar/delta/). This store offers stuff on Mercado Libre, so I contacted them directly. Compared to ML, I got an additional discount (5-10%). I could then deposit the cash in their bank (ICBC) [for deposits no DNI is required] and two days all the stuff was delivered to my door (no delivery cost).
NB: the communication was via Whatsapp and the attention was excellent.

In average, these prices are probably around 20% below Fravega, Garbarino, Rodo etc.

I stand corrected then ....

This is a rather adventurous calculation you are making here ... Are you taking the difference between the blue and the official and dividing this by the official? If the blue is double the official rate, then you get to a discount of 100% (i.e. free)? On top of that, why would the official rate bear any relevance to me. It is pure fiction.

Anyway, I thought I might give a quick update / summary on how I proceeded. I ended up buying almost all my stuff in Delta (https://delta.com.ar/delta/). This store offers stuff on Mercado Libre, so I contacted them directly. Compared to ML, I got an additional discount (5-10%). I could then deposit the cash in their bank (ICBC) [for deposits no DNI is required] and two days all the stuff was delivered to my door (no delivery cost).
NB: the communication was via Whatsapp and the attention was excellent.

In average, these prices are probably around 20% below Fravega, Garbarino, Rodo etc.
Thanks for posting about this website. Can I ask what you ended up buying on there? Where they brand name stuff? What is their warranty policy compared with stores? This is great to know and will bookmark the site.

Thanks for posting about this website. Can I ask what you ended up buying on there? Where they brand name stuff? What is their warranty policy compared with stores? This is great to know and will bookmark the site.
I bought a washing machine, a TV, a microwave. I was also about to buy a secarropas, but they just ran out of stock. Brands i bought was 2xSamsung and a Philco.

If you go to their website, you see there are various guarantee options. Personally i buy good brands, don’t buy additional protection, and hope for the best.

I bought a washing machine, a TV, a microwave. I was also about to buy a secarropas, but they just ran out of stock. Brands i bought was 2xSamsung and a Philco.

If you go to their website, you see there are various guarantee options. Personally i buy good brands, don’t buy additional protection, and hope for the best.
Thanks for that follow-up info. I follow your chain of thought. I typically always buy brand name items as I find they are better quality and last longer. I will definitely try that website. Thanks again.

Back