Explore, connect, thrive in
the expat community

Expat Life: Local Discoveries, Global Connections

Politics Milei pointed out that the university march was a political triumph for the Government: “This was the reissue of the campaign of fear” - Infobae

All the Answers

Milei pointed out that the university march was a political triumph for the Government: “This was the reissue of the campaign of fear” - Infobae​

1714406939301.png

Source:

April 28, 2024

“The claim may be genuine, but it was built on a lie,” said the President, who criticized the politicization of the demonstration. “Deep down they show the fear they have of me, because they all had to get together to fight one,” he said.

Javier Milei, on the university march: "The claim may be genuine, but it was built on a lie"

Five days after the massive university march that took place in the center of Buenos Aires and in the main cities of the country, President Javier Milei acknowledged that the claim “may be genuine,” but at the same time he regretted that the demonstration had been promoted “about a lie.” In that sense, he highlighted that the protest was a “categorical” political victory for his Government, in reference to the support of multiple opposition spaces.

The claim may be genuine, but built on a lie. We never said that we were going to close the universities or that we were going to take away funding. The only thing we ask and seek is that since public universities are being financed by taxpayers, the numbers have to be audited,” President Milei explained this Sunday morning, during an extensive interview he gave to radio Rivadavia .

On this point, the national leader stated: And who doesn't want to be audited? Thieves don't want to be audited. If the numbers were transparent, they could be audited. Who doesn't want to be audited? "He who steals."

Despite the crowd that expressed itself last Tuesday in the Plaza de Mayo and in other parts of the country, the President considered that the demonstration was a victory for his administration. “ What happened that day was a categorical political triumph for La Libertad Avanza. And that's why in some surveys not only did my image not drop, but in some it went up. Because it served to see which side each one is on,” he stressed.

“Since they do not want to be audited, they make a lie about our proposals, based on that lie they set up a march, they deceive society and they were all exposed. All the enemies of freedom were there ”, He assured.

Firm in his position, the President compared the politicization of the student demand with the campaign of fear that he suffered in the months prior to the elections and the subsequent runoff, in which he prevailed over Sergio Massa. “ This was the reissue of the campaign of fear. They take a noble cause and prostitute it for a political objective. And that can be seen in the faces of the march. With the students were the CGT and Pablo Moyano... and the truth is that I don't see them very compatible with that. There was the progressive wing of the UCR, La Cámpora, (Axel) Kicillof and the province of Buenos Aires, the Frente Renovador and Massa, the picketers, the entire arc of the Left… When I look there, it is the photo of the ghost train” , he detailed.

Milei: "This was the reissue of the campaign of fear"
“At least they should be more vivid and vary the faces, so that one does not notice. Deep down they show how afraid they are of me, how big I am compared to them and how little they are compared to me. Because they all had to get together to fight one ,” she said in a defiant tone.

Asked about the statements made yesterday by former President Cristina Kirchner about the complex economic present that universities are going through , who during the speech she gave at an event held in the Buenos Aires district of Quilmes said that the fiscal surplus announced by the Government “does not have livelihood”, the libertarian leader assured that the former president “lies.” And in that sense, she insisted: “ The ones who cut back on the universities were the previous Government. In fact, in the last year of the previous government that she was in, they cut 70,000 million pesos from the universities. However, we have substantially increased the allocation from the universities and we have transferred them to them. Therefore, there lies.”

The national president's considerations about the university march for public education are in line with the forceful post he shared last Tuesday on his social networks, just one of the demonstration. “Tears of left-handed people,” indicates the image he uploaded to his social networks.

1714407075497.png
The post by President Javier Milei after the massive university march.

“Glorious day for the beginning of revelation. Whoever wants to hear (see) let him hear (see). Long live fucking freedom,” he wrote in the caption of the publication, in which you can see a lion drinking from a cup. The head of state made the publication on his Instagram and X (former Twitter) profiles , and his followers began commenting immediately.

However, after the massive march, an important leader of La Libertad Avanza acknowledged to Infobae: “It is the first blow that hits us . ”

Back